What have you bought recently?

Hollydolly,
Do you know who manufactures these cans? I searched on Amazon (USA) but did not see anything similar. I have had squirrels chew holes in other plastic storage bins so might not work for me. They can be quite tenacious when food is involved.
well I buy mine from a British company... but I found this website for you if it's any good... We have squirrels here, but never had them chew through these bins...

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/plastic-dumpsters-with-wheels.html

A small mat for the entrance from the garage. The last mat was too much of a tripping hazard. Since this new one was only $5, if it doesn’t work out, I’ll toss it at the end of the season/spring.

A little carrot and cucumber set for my Grand girls valentine's gift. It has a section for dip to eat with the container of veggies.
No, I'm not that lady that gives out raisins on Halloween but I think the candy situation is getting a bit out of hand. They do like veggies and dip. I'll add a small festive snack I promise. πŸ’˜

A little carrot and cucumber set for my Grand girls valentine's gift. It has a section for dip to eat with the container of veggies.
No, I'm not that lady that gives out raisins on Halloween but I think the candy situation is getting a bit out of hand. They do like veggies and dip. I'll add a small festive snack I promise. πŸ’˜
You're buying vegetables now for Valentine's Day?

Hollydolly,
Do you know who manufactures these cans? I searched on Amazon (USA) but did not see anything similar. I have had squirrels chew holes in other plastic storage bins so might not work for me. They can be quite tenacious when food is involved.
I solved my squirrel issue on the farm…..bought the galvanized steel garbage cans for bird seed.
Problem solved….other than the bird feeders they wrecked.
Kept them in the garage where they were the handiest.

Last edited:
Yes, along with a piece of chocolate of course!
yes I always like my veggies with chocolate :LOL:

img_5986

I like cotton socks, but they're hard to find. I've pretty much given up on Amazon because of delivery restrictions. Other mail-order companies have cotton socks, but either the socks or the shipping is too expensive.

I hate cotton-acrylic blends, as the acrylic gives me the heebie-jeebies. Too much static maybe?

The other day I saw cotton-polyester blend socks, very cheap (6 pairs for CAD 9.00). I figured I'd give them a chance. They are actually not bad! Not as nice as cotton, but at least I don't feel like I'm biting aluminum foil all day.

I'm going to buy more tomorrow.

A facial product actually. I did the stupid thing in my 50s to use these wee handheld razor pens to remove extra long few chin hairs. Now I've got a goatee, not fun at all BTW!

Was using Avon sensitive skin cold wax strips. Not bad but every time a reaction and redness for 3 days and the regrowth was way too soon.

As I've read about (always looking for natural products) sugar wax, got one kit yesterday at Holland and Barrett. Tried it last night. Wow what a difference...

Applied onto cotton reusable strip, folded and rub between fingers to warm it up. No redness and this morning no rash. Supposed to last for 8 weeks. Let's hope so...

A facial product actually. I did the stupid thing in my 50s to use these wee handheld razor pens to remove extra long few chin hairs. Now I've got a goatee, not fun at all BTW!

Was using Avon sensitive skin cold wax strips. Not bad but every time a reaction and redness for 3 days and the regrowth was way too soon.

As I've read about (always looking for natural products) sugar wax, got one kit yesterday at Holland and Barrett. Tried it last night. Wow what a difference...

Applied onto cotton reusable strip, folded and rub between fingers to warm it up. No redness and this morning no rash. Supposed to last for 8 weeks. Let's hope so...
My cousin has been recommending that sugar wax to me lately.
She's tried them all, and says that's the best!

Good to know about those facial razors. I backed off them because of the fear of hair growth.

More bird seed yesterday. And a container? Pfffft. It's either a standard outdoor trash can or a standard outdoor trash can. So instead I got a smallish tote with a tight-fitting lid and put the bird seed in it.

Check this. I already had one sack of seed that hadn't been opened. It declared that it attracts 2x as many birds...didn't say 2x as many as what. The sack that I bought yesterday is a different brand and declared that it attracts 3x as many birds...didn't say 3x as many as what. When I emptied the sacks into the tote, the seeds were exactly the same. Yup. :rolleyes:

Today I bought 4 bags of Dove dark chocolate. Why? Because they were on sale and the amount in a small bag x2 is more than what's in 1 large bag. One large bag cost more than 2 of the smaller ones. Big savings, right? It amounted to $1. Whatever shall I do with all that "extra" money?

I'm positively frugal!

Back