What have you recently discovered about cooking?

You know, Kadee, sometimes it hurts so bad parting with a large sum of money to get something special and high-quality, but the payoff never fails to reward me in spades.

High-end cookware lasts forever... truly is heirloom when you think about it, and there's nothing quite like having a few select pieces that glitter and shine, helping to showcase that special Sunday meal or a favourite specialty dish served up for a special holiday get-together like Christmas.

When I first got married I had an old collection of aluminum cookware, and even at that time I wasn't crazy about it, but so nice it was to move to my first set of true stainless.

Is your Scanpan like this?

71aKfvxAm1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I think we call those pots targines from the middle east, but I've never tried one, now I'm wondering if I should give it a try.

I think we call those pots targines from the middle east, but I've never tried one, now I'm wondering if I should give it a try.
Until today, Mellow, I had never heard of Scanpans, and I have never heard of targines before either until now, but they sort of seem reminiscent of what would find in the middle east.

Until today, Mellow, I had never heard of Scanpans, and I have never heard of targines before either until now, but they sort of seem reminiscent of what would find in the middle east.
at a rough guess I would have had my roast pan with the nice domed lid for 10 years and they’re
never changed the design ,mine gets used on average once a week for cooking a roast and it still looks like new @Aunt Marg it’s so easy to clean as well
They have a wide range of products from knives to saucepans https://www.kitchenware.com.au/scanpan.html

I bought this yesterday, it’s not that I needed to replace my old but still working toaster .
it was a $130 investment IMO for the options of having several settings .

View attachment 166750
As you're pleased with your purchase, it appears that you got a good deal. It looks like Amazon is currently selling that same toaster for $277.62 $US ... that's $359.12 in Australian dollars! o_O

My discovery about cooking isn't new. I knew for a long time that I can't and care not to. Sometimes I'll see a dish touted in a magazine or TV and think that looks good until I read the recipe and find two dozen different ingredients are needed. Cooking takes time. Consumption takes up a tenth of that amount of time and then you have clean up your mess.

Last edited:
I have learned after years of collecting and using cookbooks that I never use them now. I use the internet and it is quicker. And if I don't know what I want to cook I list some of the ingredients I want to use and find a recipe. I follow certain cooking channels and use other cooking sites too. Cooking has evolved for me over the years. Going from cooking for a family to cooking for one, from cooking on a wood cook stove to cooking with the Instant Pot, NuWave oven, a toaster oven and a slow cooker. I never use the actual stove for cooking or the oven either.

at a rough guess I would have had my roast pan with the nice domed lid for 10 years and they’re
never changed the design ,mine gets used on average once a week for cooking a roast and it still looks like new @Aunt Marg it’s so easy to clean as well
They have a wide range of products from knives to saucepans https://www.kitchenware.com.au/scanpan.html
The wooden block knife holder sets are refreshing in their design!

Thank you for extending the link my way, Kadee!

That's just it, when it comes to quality, high-end cookware, no matter how much you use it, so long as you take care of it properly it will last forever.

Back