What is it about the opposite sex do you notice first...

Please don't feel sad for me, Lois @Lewkat. I have had a great life with my hubby of 30 years. Nothing at all to be sad about. ;)
I just think it is sad that you don't even show an interest in looking at the opposite sex and seeing something nice. I have a dear friend who, like you, is absolutely happy with his partner, but he does appreciate noticing an attractive woman. Perhaps it's because they've raised two lovely daughters.

Last year my wife and I were at a concert and the concert host, a man who had feminine qualities untypical of a man. I think I am attracted to specific types of men? I don't know, I really like women and their bodies. Men the other hand I have no desire to desire to be physical with any man what-so-ever. Growing up I was forced to spend summers with my mother's half sister's family and older son.
I was young and we slept in the same bed. Turns out my older cousin was a pervert who later inherited the parent's estate and rather innocently of course financially assisted young men of the church in unspoken ways. Church people thought he was great, a true man of god who helped the and made life a better place to live. Frank was weird and I suspect he had something to do with the passings of his mom and dad,
Returning to the topic. I don't know about other men or if they would admit it but effeminate men having feminine qualities are interesting to me, like David Bowie.

What I have liked the most about the members of the opposite sex is women that are pleasantly plump and have cat faces. I have noticed members of the same sex that way also but don't tell everyone because I like to be quiet about that.

Lots and Lots of interesting answers, Thank you for that...

I was at a gym yesterday and saw a very attractive Lady, with nice nails, eyes, a smile... But from her chin to her ankles was covered in tats, a huge turn-off for this boy, to me it looked disgusting... Why? why would anybody do that... Where my mother-in-law is living now, there is a guy whose face is covered in tats and pins attached to his face... I just find it, it's not right...I don't mind a tat here and there, but women now wear clothes to show off their painted sleeves... or legs...

I'll stick to looking at nails... Grin

I was at a gym yesterday and saw a very attractive Lady, with nice nails, eyes, a smile... But from her chin to her ankles was covered in tats, a huge turn-off for this boy, to me it looked disgusting... Why? why would anybody do that... Where my mother-in-law is living now, there is a guy whose face is covered in tats and pins attached to his face... I just find it, it's not right...I don't mind a tat here and there, but women now wear clothes to show off their painted sleeves... or legs...

Craving for attention.

I'm 76. that's the age where doctors have "to watch" lab result numbers. And that's the age most stop driving at night. It's not that I can't drive, it's oncoming car lights blind me, at night. I have cataracts-not yet bad enough to remove. It does limit what you do. You kind of feel like Cinderella-she has to be back by 12; I have to be off the road by sundown. Do you drive at night?
And a question, if you had cataract surgery, did it improve driving at night?

Craving for attention.
I dunno, if she wasn't covered in tats, she is beautiful!

I agree, Mike. I have no objection to a tat or two, but when someone is covered in them, male or female, it takes away from their natural beauty because all you can do is focus on the tats. đź‘€

Had a friend who went trekking in Tibet, way off the beaten path. He was clean shaven, but with quite long hair. He said it was not at all unusual for a woman, usually older, to do this to him when first meeting. Not to the men with shorter hair or beards, just to him with the long hair.

Not suggesting we start the practice, but apparently it is accepted some places on earth.

Last edited:
The whole package. The Vibe. The walk. Posture. Hair is important. Clothes, and if they suit the woman. And looking straight at me. I like that.

And I don't have a type. Thin, wide, tall, short, they can all be sexy to me, depending on all sorts of stuff. That's 'the vibe'.

My current gf is big and tall, like a model. 5 foot nine. Long legs. Straight posture, graceful walk. Right padding in the right places. Her face is sort of plain, but nice. Full head of dirty long blonde hair. Her straightforward honest approach to things is a big turn on. Nice clean toes. Long arms, long fingers. No tatoos. And she is very good at scrabble.

Last edited:
Back