What is the key trait of an evil person?

if i am allowed to mention jordan peterson here. he would agree with you judycat. he says that many of us are quite capable of being the monster rather than the victim. given the right circumstances.
Not familiar with the man. He may be a smart guy and everything Shalimar listed. Don't know. I doubt one is exclusive of the other.

There should be a club for guys like that, where they have to wear a button that says: I'm the good kind of serial killer. Other ones have one that says: I'm the bad kind... Can't you tell?

I'm rewatching the very enjoyable series, The Sopranos. The Mafia characters in that series are pretty evil, they cold-bloodedly kill other people, or brutally assault them, for completely selfish reasons. To them, it's just "business."

Yet, the interesting thing about that show is that most of them also have a warm, loving, human side. They are funny, affectionate to family and friends, and kind to those close to them. They are able somehow to draw a dichotomy, have loyalty to the mob above all, and will turn instantly on one of their own who has betrayed them.

Tony Soprano, the main character, is suffering from panic attacks, probably brought on by guilt over his lifestyle. But it doesn't stop him, he just goes for psychiatric help.
His mother is pretty "evil," though. A thoroughly hateful character.

So, are the Mafia guys evil? Of course, these are fictitious characters; no idea how realistic this show is.

Back