What Supplements, Herbs or Vitamins Do You Take On A Daily Basis?

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
I take too many supplements to list, but some I only take several times a week, not daily. What are some of the supplements, herbs or vitamins you take on a daily basis?

Daily for me is:

Lutein (antioxidant, eyes, skin, memory, diabetes, heart, etc.)
Carnosine (antioxidant, eyes, heart, diabetes, memory, muscles, etc.)
Vitamin k2 (bones, arteries, etc.)
Vitamin D3 (eyes, immune system, etc.)
Bitter Melon (diabetes, blood sugar, etc.)
Chromium Picolinate (diabetes, blood sugar, etc.)
Milk Thistle (liver, etc.)
Turmeric (antioxidant, inflammation/pain, brain, heart, memory, arthritis, etc.)
Magnesium Citrate (muscles, relaxation, etc.)
Potassium Citrate (blood pressure, kidneys, stroke, osteoporosis, etc.)
Ubiquinol/CoQ10 (antioxidant, eyes, blood pressure, diabetes, gums, immune system, etc.)
Omega3 fish oil (memory, arthritis, heart, diabetes, immune system, skin, hair, etc.)
Chlorella (detoxification, immune system, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc.)

A couple or several times a week:

Natural Vitamin E (D-Alpha)
Vitamin B-50 Complex
MSM with Glucosamine Sulfate
Multi Vitamin/Mineral
Probiotic

For special issues:

Wild Cherry Bark tincture
Pleurisy Root tincture
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Activated Charcoal
Cascara Sagrada
L-Lysine

Note: Before taking any vitamins or supplements, you should research all side effects and drug interactions. If you have a health condition, or take prescription meds, you should get your doctor's approval first.

Seriouusly tho' SB...its a co-incidence because I was just asking my friends earlier tonight what they take, and what they think I should be taking...I have absolutely no idea.

I don't know what most of your list is for... but I'd love to know what I should be taking that will potentially enhance my health.

I have tried taking Vit B complex but it upsets my stomach..other than that I only take Biotin for my nails and hair, and a one a day Vit C & Zinc capsule..

I take turmeric occasionally , as well as Boron capsules...for my RA... but that's it..

I really wouldn't know where to start...

Seriouusly tho' SB...its a co-incidence because I was just asking my friends earlier tonight what they take, and what they think I should be taking...I have absolutely no idea.

I don't know what most of your list is for... but I'd love to know what I should be taking that will potentially enhance my health.

I have tried taking Vit B complex but it upsets my stomach..other than that I only take Biotin for my nails and hair, and a one a day Vit C & Zinc capsule..

I take turmeric occasionally , as well as Boron capsules...for my RA... but that's it..

I really wouldn't know where to start...

Holly, I added just some of the benefits of the daily ones next to the supplement, but it doesn't include all benefits. Hope this give you a better idea of what they're good for. :)

I take a daily "Mens over 50" multivitamin, after breakfast. I also take a Preservision pill and a fish oil capsule...because my eye doctor says that is the best way to stave off Macular Degeneration....which my old Dad had. After Supper, I take a Glucosamine with MSM pill, which seems to help my minor hip arthritis/sciatica. So far, this routine seems to work, as my eye exams have been good for several years, and the hip/leg pain remains minor. I am all for anything I can do to avoid surgery, or prescription drugs.

i purchased some multivitamins but the dam pills are so big it would choke a horse--they get stuck in my throat so i cut them in half and the same thing happens -so i give up

i purchased some multivitamins but the dam pills are so big it would choke a horse--they get stuck in my throat so i cut them in half and the same thing happens -so i give up

I don't buy tablets anymore because I've always had trouble swallowing pills, the capsules are much easier to swallow and they dissolve better in your system. Lately I've been opening my capsules and putting them in a jar along with some powdered supplements I take. I mix it with a small amount of orange juice and just drink it like that.

I take too many supplements to list, but some I only take several times a week, not daily. What are some of the supplements, herbs or vitamins you take on a daily basis?

Daily for me is:

Lutein (antioxidant, eyes, skin, memory, diabetes, heart, etc.)
Carnosine (antioxidant, eyes, heart, diabetes, memory, muscles, etc.)
Vitamin k2 (bones, arteries, etc.)
Vitamin D3 (eyes, immune system, etc.)
Bitter Melon (diabetes, blood sugar, etc.)
Chromium Picolinate (diabetes, blood sugar, etc.)
Milk Thistle (liver, etc.)
Turmeric (antioxidant, inflammation/pain, brain, heart, memory, arthritis, etc.)
Magnesium Citrate (muscles, relaxation, etc.)
Potassium Citrate (blood pressure, kidneys, stroke, osteoporosis, etc.)
Ubiquinol/CoQ10 (antioxidant, eyes, blood pressure, diabetes, gums, immune system, etc.)
Omega3 fish oil (memory, arthritis, heart, diabetes, immune system, skin, hair, etc.)
Chlorella (detoxification, immune system, blood sugar, cholesterol, etc.)

A couple or several times a week:

Natural Vitamin E (D-Alpha)
Vitamin B-50 Complex
MSM with Glucosamine Sulfate
Multi Vitamin/Mineral
Probiotic

For special issues:

Wild Cherry Bark tincture
Pleurisy Root tincture
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Activated Charcoal
Cascara Sagrada
L-Lysine

Note: Before taking any vitamins or supplements, you should research all side effects and drug interactions. If you have a health condition, or take prescription meds, you should get your doctor's approval first.

That's quite a list.

Do you take them all at the same time ?...or space them out through the day ?

Do you have any diagnosed / defined conditions ? Are your 'vitals' at acceptable levels ?

That's quite a list.

Do you take them all at the same time ?...or space them out through the day ?

Do you have any diagnosed / defined conditions ? Are your 'vitals' at acceptable levels ?

Yes rgp, I take them all at once in orange juice, except for the CoQ10 and Lutein, which are softgels, I put a dropper of Milk Thistle in water and swallow those usually separately. I rarely see the doctor, just every few years when I want to check my blood and blood glucose numbers, all results have been acceptable. I have no defined conditions as of yet, and am not on any prescription drugs.

SeaBreeze, my list is very similar to yours, a few differences. I take probiotics everday, in addition I take resveratrol and instead of lutein I now take astaxanthin. Here I thought I was the only person that took this much stuff. I have been taking vitamins / herbs / minerals for about 40 years. It has appeared to be quite beneficial.

SeaBreeze, my list is very similar to yours, a few differences. I take probiotics everday, in addition I take resveratrol and instead of lutein I now take astaxanthin. Here I thought I was the only person that took this much stuff. I have been taking vitamins / herbs / minerals for about 40 years. It has appeared to be quite beneficial.

The Lutein I take, Natural Factors 20mg has 3.5mg of Zeaxanthin per softgel, I think that's very similar to Astaxanthin. I do switch some supplements out every now and then, nothing is set in stone, but I've been supplementing for decades and it does seem to help with health.

I admit I'm far from a healthy eater but I am aware of what I eat and try to control portions of certain 'treats'. Decent vitamins aren't cheap, but I figure it's cheaper than paying for doctor's visits and prescription drugs. There may come a time where I need medical attention and pharmaceuticals, but I'm trying to avoid it, or at least not to rush it. Many in my immediate family had type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc. in their older years....trying to break that trend. :)

Hey SeaBreeze & Getyoung.....did either of you consult an 'alternative-treatment' type "doc" before doing this ? I am thinking about dropping my "meds" and going natural myself. Also considering hormone therapy. I take some of the supplements you all mentioned now, just considering a complete change.

Hey SeaBreeze & Getyoung.....did either of you consult an 'alternative-treatment' type "doc" before doing this ? I am thinking about dropping my "meds" and going natural myself. Also considering hormone therapy. I take some of the supplements you all mentioned now, just considering a complete change.

I didn't consult an alternative doctor at all, I had no health conditions, so I just started taking supplements as a preventative or support for my body in areas where I didn't eat healthy enough, etc. Even with a good diet, simple things like vegetables don't have the nutrients that they provided years ago, because the soils are depleted.

I don't go to regular doctors that much either, just researched things on my own and listened to some alternative medicine shows over the years, and take what I feel is beneficial...I sometimes remove or add different vitamins and supplements.

When I went through Menopause with hot flashes, I took Red Clover Blossom and avoided taking any hormone therapy which I heard was not very safe, just like some pharmaceuticals.

I can't stress enough though, that if you are under doctor's care or on prescription meds, you must not just drop or lower them without the approval of your physician. If you can afford to see a natural doctor and consult with them, they will advise what is safe as far as dropping your meds also, but it's not wise to made any drastic changes on your own regarding prescription drugs or medical conditions.

I'm glad you're considering going natural, if it's done with some supervision, I'm sure you'll feel better.....good luck. :topsy_turvy:

Thanks SeaBreeze.....I have informed my doc of my decision / plan. But , cynical as it sounds, I do believe that 'doc's practice / prescribe only what they are taught. If they have not been taught or have not studied , then they just do not know. We must remember one thing as well. The practice of medicine is also a business, and IMO maintaining the 'business' is just as important [to them] as concerning themselves with our good health.

Just the other night, local news, a local woman received a 'new' medication injection for advancing blindness. It seems to be helping, as per her testament . The injections cost $400,000 p/eye....yes four hundred thousand !! So you tell me, as an industry, just how much does the medical industry care?

My own issue, psoriasis , the biologic Humira was advised....Approx, $30,000 p/year as prescribed . Yes my insurance will cover most [perhaps] all of it, but that is ridiculous !

I firmly believe that if you eat a healthy balanced diet, you are only wasting money taking supplements.

"The practice of medicine is also a business, and IMO maintaining the 'business' is just as important [to them] as concerning themselves with our good health." Funny, that's how I would describe the supplements industry.

I firmly believe that if you eat a healthy balanced diet, you are only wasting money taking supplements.

"The practice of medicine is also a business, and IMO maintaining the 'business' is just as important [to them] as concerning themselves with our good health." Funny, that's how I would describe the supplements industry.

Not everyone draws the same nutrients from the food...or eats ALL the right things. As such supplements may help. One example is Magnesium , it is well documented that most folks do not absorb enough of the mineral in our daily diet , so a supplement may be well advised. It is also well documented that much of our soil does not yield the amounts of nutrient that it once did , due primarily the fertilizers applied for the purpose of yielding a larger crop , so again a supplement may well be something to consider. If it is just a matter of money ? Our bodies our health is ours to maintain in the way we feel is best....spend it here or spend it there...personal choice.

As for....

"Funny, that's how I would describe the supplements industry."

OK, your opposing opinion . However....I have [so far] not seen any disclaimers noted, regarding supplements , like we see regarding damn near every medicine advertised on TV , during the evening news.

I mentioned Humira earlier....the first thing they tell you to do is ...get checked for TB, as it can "trigger" it....also be aware that it can cause certain cancers....and yet it still cost $30,000 p/year...No thanks.

I can't imagine taking those many piles a day. My doctor said I only need Vitamin D.

I take the Vitamin D, plus Omega 3 and Glucosamin/Chondroitin (for osteoarthritis a day.

I get the rest of of vitamins through food.

Back