What Things Give You Energy?

If everything goes perfect the night before...
So...
A Great Dinner...
A Joint for dessert
At least an 8-hour sleep (which seldom happens)
Wake up, see the sun, admire our property, play with the boys (Lennie & Carl) and my Grandson who I will see in the morning, cuz he's having his first sleepover...
# to 5 cups of coffee, breakfast, check-in here... and the day begins with some pretty good energy...

If everything goes perfect the night before...
So...
A Great Dinner...
A Joint for dessert
At least an 8-hour sleep (which seldom happens)
Wake up, see the sun, admire our property, play with the boys (Lennie & Carl) and my Grandson who I will see in the morning, cuz he's having his first sleepover...
# to 5 cups of coffee, breakfast, check-in here... and the day begins with some pretty good energy...
Sounds effective Mike, thanks! :)

When I'm working outdoors in the Summer, I often stop for a few minutes and pick a half dozen Grape Tomatoes from my garden. A quick rinse with the hose, a couple minutes to snack on these little jewels, a drink of cold water, and I'm ready to go again. There is something about these small fresh tomatoes that quickly boosts my energy.
Who would have known about Grape Tomatoes! I get them at the store at times and put them in a salad or eat them alone.

When I'm working outdoors in the Summer, I often stop for a few minutes and pick a half dozen Grape Tomatoes from my garden. A quick rinse with the hose, a couple minutes to snack on these little jewels, a drink of cold water, and I'm ready to go again. There is something about these small fresh tomatoes that quickly boosts my energy.

Dark sweet cherries do it for me. If I eat about a dozen of them with a bottle of Deer Park, then in about 20 minutes I can run my 2 miles in about 15 minutes. (I may be exaggerating just a wee bit.)

I’m not naturally energetic I’m actually sedentary by nature. But when I do need to get up and go I find that eating less is very helpful and also reducing the amount of the fat in my diet and eating low fat protein is also super important for me. And a great nights sleep is critical! ZZZZZZZZZ

A cool day. I am not a fan of summertime. Heat and humidity are enervating to me. This last weekend was atrocious - heat index neat 110°F.
I feel the same way Deb, the heat kills me! Our heat index was same as yours last Fri. and Sat. I am so glad to have cooler temps. now but it's going to get hot again...yuck!

A cool day. I am not a fan of summertime. Heat and humidity are enervating to me. This last weekend was atrocious - heat index neat 110°F.
Heat makes me tired. Winter time I have tons of energy. Visiting with friends gives me lots of energy, then when they are gone I am happy to quietly relax.

When someone pisses me off..

I can clean the whole house with a tooth brush......:LOL:
Had an argument with a nephew one evening and since several of our family members live around me, they heard it. When I got inside I was still so mad at the nephew I got the mop and bucket out and started mopping the floors. It was after 11:00 at night. My niece called to see if she could come over (she'd heard the argument). I just told her I was mopping the floor and it was not a good time. The next day word had gotten around that I was 'cleaning mad' and my nieces told everyone to stay clear of me that night because they knew not to get in the way of a woman when she's 'cleaning mad'.

Had an argument with a nephew one evening and since several of our family members live around me, they heard it. When I got inside I was still so mad at the nephew I got the mop and bucket out and started mopping the floors. It was after 11:00 at night. My niece called to see if she could come over (she'd heard the argument). I just told her I was mopping the floor and it was not a good time. The next day word had gotten around that I was 'cleaning mad' and my nieces told everyone to stay clear of me that night because they knew not to get in the way of a woman when she's 'cleaning mad'.

Next time that happens.......c'mon over.......this place could use it... ;)

Upbeat rock n roll from the 60s forward, including recent stuff.

Hubby is more of a self-starter than I am so I follow his lead. When he starts puttering, I get off my duff and move toward doing something constructive.

If all else fails, I invite people over - even if it's just my kids. It's a great motivator to clear some accumulated clutter from the flat spaces that draw it like bees to honey. Mostly it's mail that needs shredding. (I'm getting to hate mail.)

Back