What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Diana: The Musical, on Netflix. It will open, hopefully, November 17, on Broadway. I loved it. Of course I love Broadway, period, but I genuinely found this show to be real good. Loved the score, the book, the performances, the honesty, the whole thing. Try it if you like this sort of thing! Most entertaining.

1557641-b.jpg

Tender Mercies, Robert Duvall-early 80's
Being a big cowboy and Duvall fan thought i would really like this movie-nope.
Watched it again tonight on Turner Films, nope, still don't care for it.

(You can't have hillbilly dancing and singing unless it's greased with beer)

Life Is Beautiful​

"In this extraordinary tale, a charming but bumbling waiter wins the heart of the woman he loves, and creates a beautiful life for his young family. When their life is threatened by the increasing violence of World War II, he must rely on his strength of character and sense of humor to save his beloved wife and son from an unthinkable fate. An inspired movie masterpiece honored with an overwhelming level of critical acclaim, including 3 Oscar wins and a nomination for Best Picture.

Provider

Paramount

Rating

PG-13

Release date

Running time

1:56:14

Audio

Italian

Subtitle (auto)

English"

Last Man Down - A post-apocalyptic action film about a soldier seeking revenge for his wife’s death during a pandemic.

On the Dud scale, ms gamboolgal and I give this a high 8 to 9 out of 10.

Do not recommend. It was beyond bad in our opinion.

Apple Movies - got us good on this one
:annoyed

However, ms gamboolgal and I hung in there and endeavored to persevere until mercifully the end came....

Link to Review follows:
Cliff Notes of Review = This is a BAD Movie
https://moviesandmania.com/2021/10/01/l ... -overview/

Trailer follows:

'Searching for Bobby Fischer'

I hung around with Fischer for awhile in Los Angeles playing speed chess and traveling around a few years after he'd retired, not even knowing it was him at the time. He had stacks of chess books full of notes at his girlfriend's apartment and I knew that he was quite good, so I kept telling him that he should play in some tournaments. :unsure: Only a few years later when seeing updated photos did I realize it was him.

'WHEN GANGLAND STRIKES' (1956) Raymond Greenleaf, Marjie Millar and John Hudson​

1h 10min | Crime, Drama, Film-Noir | 15 March 1956 (USA) Faced with blackmail, a town's prosecutor intentionally throws the case of a big-time mobster. IT COULD HAPPEN IN ANY TOWN!...Anyone can be the innocent victim...

"Room at the Top" (TCM) with Laurence Harvey and Simone Signoret

This movie was a bit too new for me, my usual cut-off is 1950, but it was very interesting and Simone Signoret
was a revelation, such a moving actress. The story was compelling, but depressing as many of the late fifties early sixties dramas are.

Inside Moves​

Academy Award ® nominated film now available digitally! After a failed suicide attempt leaves him partially crippled, Rory begins spending a lot of time at a neighborhood bar full of interesting misfits. When Jerry the bartender suddenly finds himself playing basketball for the Golden State Warriors, Rory and the rest of the bar regulars hope his success will provide a lift to their sagging spirits. Will Jerry forget his friends? What about his junkie hooker girlfriend and her pimp?

1:53:04

John Savage David Morse Diana Scarwid

Back