What's your favorite piece of exercise equipment?

It's my local WinCo shopping cart.

I get my jugs refilled, so now I'm pushing a 9-11 gallon cart which has 75-94 lbs of weight. All around the store. By the end, my legs are a tad rubbery. Huffing like a locomotive. Then sit for 2-3 minutes recovery.

A vibration machine that can be very powerful if turned up ... I use lower settings for 10 minutes twice a week.

It helps with flexibility, and overall circulation in the body ...
Suppose to help w/bone density and muscle strength.
It measures body mass index, and gives you a readout that is very handy to watch as you progress.

One of those was used in an overall therapy for neuropathy . Also included ... IR light , low level lazer, accupuncture & chiropractic .

I received this three days p/week , about an hour each session .... for two full months @ a cost of $5000 ...... [included a few supplements] .

After the two months ... I felt absolutely no improvement. So I told them I was done. They tried to talk me into one more month .... like that last month was going to be the miracle month . I said no thanks.

I felt like there was no point in throwing more money [$1900] at it when NO difference was felt so far .

The two happiest days of your life?

The day you buy your treadmill...then the day you sell it.

Most of these devices end up under the bed collecting dust. Then, like a Christmas fruitcake, you keep trying to re-gift it to some other poor sap.

The two happiest days of your life?

The day you buy your treadmill...then the day you sell it.

Most of these devices end up under the bed collecting dust. Then, like a Christmas fruitcake, you keep trying to re-gift it to some other poor sap.
Not always; I still have mine and though, okay, it does get a bit dusty at times, it always calls me back.
I find they are nice to have around for when I'm having trouble exercising because I can leave mine on an incline and hop on for a 12/15 slow walk uphill whenever I've got enough energy.

Last edited:
My spin bike has been great. I bought it after the first lockdown and it was good exercise, it's also handy on days when, for whatever reason, I've been at home a lot. No one's getting my bike :)

My spin bike has been great. I bought it after the first lockdown and it was good exercise, it's also handy on days when, for whatever reason, I've been at home a lot. No one's getting my bike :)
I've had one of those too and they are great! My son has mine now.

Recumbent bike. I've moved the tension/resistance level to the max and do a 30 minute session every evening at 6:30.
I do squats in the morning before breakfast and can manage 60 now.
I can't do a proper pushup yet, but I do 15 sissy pushups with my knees and lower legs on the floor.
I've got two 5 lb window sash weights to do arm curls with, but I'm not too conscientious about working with them....a couple times a week.

My daughter just bought a Peloton tread and Ive been going easy on that, lol.
I do like it though and there are a million different classes to choose from…running (not for me), walking, yoga, stretching etc.
I did buy a yoga mat and some resistance bands and will find a beginners class on the Peloton for that.
I’ve just finished 24 sessions of PT for my shoulder but it’s still hurts so will continue with what they had me do at therapy.
it can really all be done at home except for the massage which was really the best part.😀

Back