When the virus dies, what kind of world will be left, after the onslought?

I was at the grocery store yesterday. Some were wearing masks and blue gloves. At the check out people were standing 6 feet apart. And those "reusable" bags from home weren't allowed. It was on the news that restaurants in some cities were boarded up, like awaiting a hurricane. People hoard toilet paper. After, we get the all clear, I doubt we are going right back to business as usual. This crisis has cut way to deep for that to happen. When the virus dies, what kind of world will be left, after the onslought?

I will make some small changes to the way I live and shop but I honestly believe that things will return to normal in a few months.
images

Check us out-did you have any knowledge of the Spanish Flu
of 1918; I certainly didn't.

Polio did not remain a scare word to us that were young.
It was to our parent's, their gone now.

The Depression that lasted a decade 1929-38?
I do, only because it explained why my parent's were so 'tight,
tight, tight.'
We always had stockpile of essentials, flour, cornmeal and those damn pinto beans.

juju says we will forget: only those of us that lived through it
will remember.
We will remember, and then forget because
human beings cannot retain fear.
Kids will remember the inconveniences, no more

Last edited:
Check us out-did you have any knowledge of the Spanish Flu
of 1918; I certainly didn't.

Polio did not remain a scare word to us that were young.
It was to our parent's, their gone now.

The Depression that lasted a decade 1929-38?
I do, only because it explained why my parent's were so 'tight,
tight, tight.'
We always had stockpile of essentials, flour, cornmeal and those damn pinto beans.

juju says we will forget: only those of us that lived through it
will remember.
We will remember, and then forget because
human beings cannot retain fear.
Kids will remember the inconveniences, no more
I learned about the Spanish flu in school, but didn’t think much about it. Polio, parents instilled a fear of polio in me, never forgot. Depends on where you were, I suppose. Parents are more protective these days. Children will remember their parents fear. The youngest will forget. IMO.

Oh the Great Depression, always remembered it. It effected my family a great deal.

It all depends on when/if a vaccine is developed to treat this virus. Until then, there will be varying levels of "isolation" and closed stores, etc. Even if this virus slows down substantially in coming weeks...as some "experts" predict...there will still be a great deal of reluctance, by many, to engage in normal activity. Unemployment numbers will remain high, and the economy will remain stagnant.

Then, if a vaccine is developed, there will be questions about its effectiveness....most other vaccines are far from 100% effective....and there may be "side effects" from whatever drug is developed. If the vaccine can be manufactured in huge quantities, there will be long lines at the doctors offices and hospitals as people try to get treated.

"Normal"??? perhaps in another year, or two. Then, as this issue is pushed to the back of most people's minds, most will return to their routines.

I am concerned how the "return to normal" will be. Who will give the All Clear and will you believe them? At what point will you personally believe it is 100% safe to function like you did before this virus? The infection predictions seem to be gradually getting longer calendar wise and add to that its predicted return this fall as the northern hemisphere begins to cool.

Hi Everybody: I guess it depends...I hope this virus is gone before summer...be nice to be able to do stuff again, we all can start having more fun! Just living my life the best I can like everyone and trying to survive. Maybe folks will come up with better ways of living for everyone so these diseases will not happen or be less of. I know we humans have overcome a lot. I think this may produce new and better ways of living? Who knows. Lots of love, and Reiki hugs to ya all! We are all in this together. It's also for all of us to keep having love and compassion. :love: stocking up on TP and other things, sheesh!

I like your attitude, cherylpaela66....We are in a place that we can't go home to our State...It's oK, we are retired, but our kids are worried...
Even though they are in a different State, where it's Number 2 in the Country …..So we cannot go home....Number 1 is NYC....
Who would ever think..
I had pneumonia in August....I thought I was going to die...We were at my grandson's Graduation Party..
I was seeing people I haven't seen in a long long time...So Me, the hugger, was hugging....The next 2 days I came down with the Croup...
I couldn't talk...Husband took me to the doctor and told me I had Pneumonia..
..When I retired, I would just get a little cold in the winter..
Always went to the Doctor every 6 months...And always good....So I am so nuts about the name of the drug my Doctor gave me...It was only
2 days when it cleared up....Now if anyone can tell me the name of the drug, that were saving some people...It's a very long name...
I didn't bring that bottle,, anyway I took all of the drug...but I usually keep the bottle...I cannot remember what that drug was...
I'm not home...And can't get home right now...I'm just wondering if that drug they showed on Fox news, the other day, were giving
that meds to people in hospital.... and living.....It's an old time Drug....It's driving me crazy...I looked up some names but couldn't find..
Anyway, we sit on the porch when it's nice out....people come by to talk, but stay far away....Not many people are here anyway...
This took me to long to type....Hope all are well.....♥

We use to laugh at the pics of Asian cities where people are wearing masks. I saw that in Stroudsburg, PA yesterday. I reaaly don't see us at baseball games, concerts etc after this. It's going to be a while for the dust to settle. I don't see many restaurants getting through this period. There are way too many businesses that can't afford to be nonexistant for a couple of months. Even if the death rate is happily low, it is going to be traumatic to our economy. If the death rate is high, it will cause a huge emotional scar on all of us.

Rich corporations won't like paying off shore salaries to domestic workers. They won't like kicking in for medical insurance like they don't have to do for off shore workers. 😟

Back