When the virus dies, what kind of world will be left, after the onslought?

My entire post was hypothetical meaning what the future may be like. Read the first sentence. The underlying premise is the awkward adjustment to life assuming the virus will be reduced in numbers but not completely gone. Don't lose sight of the fact that a huge number of people will not take the vaccine when released in including bout 36% of healthcare workers.
Sorry, you're right, fmdog, your whole series of questions make a lot more sense when viewed as being about the future.

I have no answers, except that those who refuse to take the vaccine (for other than medical reasons) will reap what they sow. For those who can't take it for medical reasons, they will unfortunately be at risk.

And the first group can validly be held responsible for putting the second group at risk. However, at that point, herd immunity might kick in.

Good question. One many WWII concentration camp survivors have asked. Maybe because he's immortal too.
Actually, it's a very good theological question. We should open up a new subject.

I remember hearing that many survivors of the camps stopped believing in God. To me, it's amazing that anyone surviving an experience like that could still believe in a kind, loving God. And I don't think the devil is really a part of Jewish theology, so he didn't figure in for most of them, except maybe as a symbol. (Of course, they weren't all Jewish.)

Actually, it's a very good theological question. We should open up a new subject.

I remember hearing that many survivors of the camps stopped believing in God. To me, it's amazing that anyone surviving an experience like that could still believe in a kind, loving God. And I don't think the devil is really a part of Jewish theology, so he didn't figure in for most of them, except maybe as a symbol. (Of course, they weren't all Jewish.)
The devil, Lucifer, was an archangel who, along with other archangels, rebelled against the will of God, and were defeated by other, loyal, archangels.

In the O.T. book of Job, Job confronts God for his treatment of him, (Job), and God lashes back telling him he's just a mortal and doesn't see the whole picture, which is not comforting when you think of it. But Job is eventually reinstated in God's favor and his good fortune restored. It's a story of resilience, I think, which can be a good thing in life. But I don't understand how God and Lucifer could be making bets on the loyalty of a human when such cost to said human is at stake. Since we can't see the whole picture and our mortal lives are stake we're bound to make decisions based upon emotion and temporal and immediate needs, while God may want his followers to follow a different path. But how God would even allow Satan to approach Him at all is my question and it confuses me.

Yes, a thread on this would be fun.🤗

I saw on the news United has started flying one of the vaccines to Chicago so at least it's a sign they are getting ready. No waiting to transport after the green light to vaccinate instead it will be there to start dosing immediately. Recall how organized the U.S. was after Pearl Harbor. It was an incredible success and saved thousands of lives. Let's hope after all this miserable crap the distribution goes smoothly.

Is this "Almighty God" the same one killing millions all over the planet with this virus?
I honestly don't know fmdog; I'm not privy to that information. If so, it's His prerogative to do so. I suspect, however, that it's more likely the foolish, self-serving, and greedy decisions of billions of others that are leading to those deaths. Chic's point about Satan's role is well taken as well.

The devil, Lucifer, was an archangel who, along with other archangels, rebelled against the will of God, and were defeated by other, loyal, archangels.

In the O.T. book of Job, Job confronts God for his treatment of him, (Job), and God lashes back telling him he's just a mortal and doesn't see the whole picture, which is not comforting when you think of it. But Job is eventually reinstated in God's favor and his good fortune restored. It's a story of resilience, I think, which can be a good thing in life. But I don't understand how God and Lucifer could be making bets on the loyalty of a human when such cost to said human is at stake. Since we can't see the whole picture and our mortal lives are stake we're bound to make decisions based upon emotion and temporal and immediate needs, while God may want his followers to follow a different path. But how God would even allow Satan to approach Him at all is my question and it confuses me.

Yes, a thread on this would be fun.🤗
Think if you understand the book of Job you understand the whole Bible.

I believe there are some things that we humans are not supposed to know. The future is one of them.
That's probably the first reply to the original question of this thread that really addresses the question. Although I don't particularly agree with the "not supposed to know" part of it, at least it is an answer.

Let us not forget that in the Book of Job, Satan is only an operative with God's permission and with constraints ordained by God. As such, in the story he is an agent of God, not an autonomous being.
If "all is one" then there is no Satan...only a name for the the dark side of energy that needs to be brought back into the whole.

Think when we get some more grey cells we'd be able to understand more, so until then, the belief mantra is "by faith"...that propels us onward and upward.

I honestly don't know fmdog; I'm not privy to that information. If so, it's His prerogative to do so. I suspect, however, that it's more likely the foolish, self-serving, and greedy decisions of billions of others that are leading to those deaths. Chic's point about Satan's role is well taken as well.
I always laugh when I hear people say "It's God's will" when they are speaking of a tragic death and in the same breath say it when someone escapes death. So my child dies in a fire that another child escaped from. God's will?

I always laugh when I hear people say "It's God's will" when they are speaking of a tragic death and in the same breath say it when someone escapes death. So my child dies in a fire that another child escaped from. God's will?
I know what you mean. I read a book recently about the church shooting back in 2017 in Sutherland Springs, Texas. When interviewed afterwards, the pastor and some of the surviving members said that God wanted it that way. Wow, I thought it was the shooter that caused the damage. I am just puzzled by why they believe that their God would want 24 of his faithful followers to be gunned down like sitting ducks?

I want to scream with fury when people whose children have survived a school shooting say things like, "I'm so blessed that God protected my son and brought him through safely."

What does that statement mean anyway? The inconsolable mother weeping in agonized despair over her lost child was somehow less loved by God? Less worthy? Her child was less worthy? Was there a limit on how many children God could spare and yours made the cut but hers didn't?

The implied arrogance and lack of empathy shown by survivors can be astounding.

There seem to be a number of different beliefs within the Christian belief system about "God's will". The two extremes that I know of (and I am only mildly exposed to this stuff at this point, so I am not implying I know much about it at all) are:

1. God is involved in every single thing we do and what happens to us, making it all happen for a reason.
2. God is not involved in micro managing us, in that He set the laws (not man made laws, but the laws of physics and that sort of thing) of everything in place and just let it go. The analogy I heard about this was that it is like having a sloped surface on which you release a ball to let it roll down according to whatever path it takes, following the laws of physics that apply to that situation.

To me, the second view would be an easier one to swallow in the face of some of the tragedies that have been mentioned in this thread. The first view would, understandably, raise the kinds of challenging questions posted by some in this thread in response to those tragedies.

I am sure, with my limited knowledge of the belief system as a whole, that there are many more possible views on these things that I am not aware of.

Tony

Just the same when after a bad storm [tornado] they get on the news and say they thank God that they survived ! I always wonder, do they also thank God that the people down the street died ? I mean he did it all did he not ?

Sorry, you're right, fmdog, your whole series of questions make a lot more sense when viewed as being about the future.

I have no answers, except that those who refuse to take the vaccine (for other than medical reasons) will reap what they sow. For those who can't take it for medical reasons, they will unfortunately be at risk.

And the first group can validly be held responsible for putting the second group at risk. However, at that point, herd immunity might kick in.
^^^ That's an indication of what kind of world will be left.
A world of brainwashed programmed robots playing the blame game.

Back