Which sex are you more comfortable with?

Interesting, most of the members at the gym I go to are also women. However most are much younger than I. Wonder why that is?

We do have some male members, but no more than 20 or 25%, fewer in the exercises classes I am often the only man.
Again I quote you, but your gym experience is relevant to mine. ;) I think some men are reluctant to participate in such classes....like Yoga. I was like that, but I had to cross that "I don't give a shit" what other people[guys] think. I love Yoga, now I lead Yoga and Taichi sessions at the gym. And, you know what? I believe that the guys over in the 'free weights' area of the gym respect me for taking the initiative.

When I was working, it definitely was preferable to deal with men. Less of the histrionics.

Thinking about now, I’d still rather socialize with the men. Women, imo, tend to have a need to control the situation with another woman.

i prefer and get on better with male company ....
ive always been surrounded my males , brothers sons and grandson...

Which sex are you more comfortable with?​

Looking at just the title, and considering today's society
I'm gonna say mine
Been male for 73 years
Doubt anything's gonna change

Again I quote you, but your gym experience is relevant to mine. ;) I think some men are reluctant to participate in such classes....like Yoga. I was like that, but I had to cross that "I don't give a shit" what other people[guys] think. I love Yoga, now I lead Yoga and Taichi sessions at the gym. And, you know what? I believe that the guys over in the 'free weights' area of the gym respect me for taking the initiative.
Pretty much the same here. It took me a long time to brave a yoga class, seemed like ballet or something... However once in one I could see I really needed it, and even though my performance was much poorer than the others I was welcomed. I often joke that they like having me to make everyone else look good. You pretty quickly learn that it doesn't matter.

I live in a small town, we have no gym that is for seniors. There are a few at the one I go to, but many of our members are younger women, mostly mothers with young kids. Most are pretty fit, but not all, some are quite overweight and in poor shape. Once you get into it I think age or condition make little difference, we are all there for pretty much the same reasons.

I still don't understand the sex ratio thing... the only class we have that has as many men as women is cycling, not sure why. I have come to appreciate how strong women can be. A lot of the women, including those who are petite, can outlift me. Embarrassing at first, but now I just appreciate their commitment and ability.

Which sex are you more comfortable with?

The Missionary position suits me, or it used to before I got to be a dinosaur. 😊

It could be worse, you could have been born a male black widow spider: Male widow spiders, mating is an infamously dangerous activity. In these species, which include, as well as, the black widow the redback, the large females will often devour the smaller males during sex, hence the “widow” in their names.

Back