Who Won't Opt For The Vaccine

They have already shipped to hospitals and expect to be approved by the FDA during the second week of December, so says the Pennsylvania Director of HHS. Once approved, the hospitals will begin to inoculate their staff.

How many vaccines can a body get without adverse effects?

I don't know. Does anyone know? I have already had several vaccines from when I was a child with no choice in the matter.

No, I will not be getting the vaccine

I don't know. Does anyone know? I have already had several vaccines from when I was a child with no choice in the matter.

No, I will not be getting the vaccine
The way it was explained to me is that when you receive a vaccine, you are actually receiving a dose of the disease that you are being inoculated for. It really doesn’t matter how many different vaccines a person receives, they are protected against getting the disease because that person now has immunity. (But, there is always that chance we can still get the disease.) The vaccine also builds on the immunity that is provided by our immune system.

This is how my doctor explained it to me. I asked him the same question. “How many different vaccines can I receive and have them be effective.”

Herd immunity would have kicked in already after nearly a year, but it's compromised by lockdowns and masks etc. because as soon as the case numbers go up, they just lock everything down again. For herd immunity to be effective you have to be out with people daily and exposed so that your immune system can fight it.

Since 9 months of lockdowns, curfews, mask mandates and social distancing are clearly not working, not just in the USA but globally, I think the experts need to find another solution to this virus problem.
I don't understand your second sentence, chic. It seems to me that if you are out with people daily and exposed, and have not had a vaccine, your immune system will of course try to fight it. But too often. the immune system loses that fight.

I looked up "herd immunity" and found this definition:

Herd immunity (or community immunity) occurs when a high percentage of the community is immune to a disease (through vaccination and/or prior illness), making the spread of this disease from person to person unlikely. Even individuals not vaccinated (such as newborns and the immunocompromised) are offered some protection because the disease has little opportunity to spread within the community.

So people counting on herd immunity are counting on most of the others to be vaccinated, or to have already had the disease and therefore not be infectious. It's like the people who won't get their kids vaccinated against measles because most of the other kids have been.

Your last sentence is not true. Masks, lockdowns, and social distancing do work, when they are adhered to. The countries that imposed strict regulations have driven the disease down to nothing, or nearly nothing. The places where people congregate in large numbers, unmasked, are the ones with the highest number of cases and deaths. Seems to me the writing is on the wall.

We're all sick of quarantining and all the rest of it. But until we get the vaccine, that's the only weapon we have.

I don't understand your second sentence, chic. It seems to me that if you are out with people daily and exposed, and have not had a vaccine, your immune system will of course try to fight it. But too often. the immune system loses that fight.

Herd immunity (or community immunity) occurs when a high percentage of the community is immune to a disease (through vaccination and/or prior illness), making the spread of this disease from person to person unlikely. Even individuals not vaccinated (such as newborns and the immunocompromised) are offered some protection because the disease has little opportunity to spread within the community.

So people counting on herd immunity are counting on most of the others to be vaccinated, or to have already had the disease and therefore not be infectious. It's like the people who won't get their kids vaccinated against measles because most of the other kids have been.

Your last sentence is not true. Masks, lockdowns, and social distancing do work, when they are adhered to. The countries that imposed strict regulations have driven the disease down to nothing, or nearly nothing. The places where people congregate in large numbers, unmasked, are the ones with the highest number of cases and deaths. Seems to me the writing is on the wall.

We're all sick of quarantining and all the rest of it. But until we get the vaccine, that's the only weapon we have.

Your sentences (highlighted in red) are all so, so very true. Unfortunately, way, way to many folks don't listen and/or just don't care.

The thing that worries me is that the medical staff will be among the very first to receive these vaccinations. We better Hope there aren't a rash of serious side effects....that would severely impact our doctors and nurses in a time when those people are already stretched to their limits. Then, the next priority is supposed to be Seniors living in care facilities, etc., and those with pre-existing conditions. It will probably be well into Springtime before the majority of healthy people have access to the vaccines, and by then, we should have a fairly good idea of If there are any risks of being vaccinated.
No matter of what direction this virus takes in coming months, it will still be a long time before we can safely return to "normalcy".

When the fast-tracked vaccines are soon rolled out, all we'll know at first is that they are stimulating the production of antibodies and that there are no immediate serious side effects.

Once mass distribution begins, glitches not detected in the abbreviated study time frame are more likely than not to occur. Since I have autoimmune diseases, I will wait a year or so to see if there are as yet unknown deleterious effects.

My internist has concerns about the fast track process, so thankfully I won't be hounded by his staff to get the vaccine at each office visit.

When the fast-tracked vaccines are soon rolled out, all we'll know at first is that they are stimulating the production of antibodies and that there are no immediate serious side effects.

Once mass distribution begins, glitches not detected in the abbreviated study time frame are more likely than not to occur. Since I have autoimmune diseases, I will wait a year or so to see if there are as yet unknown deleterious effects.

My internist has concerns about the fast track process, so thankfully I won't be hounded by his staff to get the vaccine at each office visit.
Aren't you in the health care industry? If so, do you think vaccinations will be required of most folks in your business?

No one knows because it hasn't been studied and likely never will be in the US where vaccine manufacturers have liability immunity.

I'm convinced it's this barrage of vaccines children now get under the current ever increasing CDC recommended schedule that's causing vaccine injury in susceptible children like my nephew. Included in the vaccine schedule now are redundant boosters which--the need for or safety of--have not been studied.

Last edited:
Aren't you in the health care industry? If so, do you think vaccinations will be required of most folks in your business?

I am. I will continue to do as I have since the pandemic started ...put on an n95 before entering the facility, and only take it off after exiting.

Requiring vaccinations for health care employment is probably not a great idea if you want a fully staffed system.

Last edited:
Like I said before, no other disease and its vaccine has been held up to so much scrutiny, negativity, dug-in-heels opinions, etc. For those who prefer to spend even more months, or years, locked in their homes, wearing masks whenever they go out, etc. I guess it's a free country.

For those who want to endanger others, no, I don't think they have the right to do that.

But let's step back for a moment and just consider: since we haven't heard even one word about bad side effects, dangers, and so on, why on earth would anyone be proudly proclaiming that they will not take measures to protect their own health, and the health of their loved ones?

I'm getting it. I do have underlying conditions, but I will wait probably until April to get it to see how it's fairing. Those who opt out are putting the rest of us at risk. No one has the right to kill me.
I'm getting it. I do have underlying conditions, but I will wait probably until April to get it to see how it's fairing. Those who opt out are putting the rest of us at risk. No one has the right to kill me.
^^^ True programmed robot.

Like I said before, no other disease and its vaccine has been held up to so much scrutiny, negativity, dug-in-heels opinions, etc. For those who prefer to spend even more months, or years, locked in their homes, wearing masks whenever they go out, etc. I guess it's a free country.

For those who want to endanger others, no, I don't think they have the right to do that.

But let's step back for a moment and just consider: since we haven't heard even one word about bad side effects, dangers, and so on, why on earth would anyone be proudly proclaiming that they will not take measures to protect their own health, and the health of their loved ones?
Just because there's been no released information on negative or even grave side-effects, doesn't mean that serious, even fatal side-effects don't exist.

As with all things Big Pharma and money, we're always the last to know.

They sometimes try that with the flu shot. A vaccine can be "strongly recommended" but no employer can make it mandatory as a condition of continued employment.
A friend of mine is a P.A. (Physician's Assistant). Her boss told her a flu shot was required. She said "No; that's my decision, not yours." Her boss knew she would seek legal action if he fired her & he would lose, so he wisely didn't push it.

Just because there's been no released information on negative or even grave side-effects, doesn't mean that serious, even fatal side-effects don't exist.

As with all things Big Pharma and money, we're always the last to know.

Very true. Big Pharma has indemnity for vaccines in the US , funds US safety studies and much of US continuing medical education, pays out more 'aboveboard' lobbying dollars to the US Congress than any other industry (even topping Big Oil), so there's very little accountability in the United States, especially given our polarized, unreliable media.

Very true. Big Pharma has indemnity for vaccines in the US , funds US safety studies and much of US continuing medical education, pays out more aboveboard lobbying dollars to the US Congress than any other industry (even topping Big Oil), so there's very little accountability in the United States, especially given the are lack of reliable, truthful media.
Well said, Annie.

No. I'm not out everyday, but most days. When referring to herd immunity I think of it in terms of the historical sense, survival of the fittest, Darwinian definition because there was a time when there were no vaccines of any kind to help people yet some people didn't get bubonic plague, let's say, while it wiped out a large chunk of the population of Europe as history tells us. I don't know why this was. It just happened/happens.

I do believe medicine could help with the virus, it's helped some famous people / celebrities, until there is a safe vaccine and if it makes people feel safer to quarantine until there is a safe vaccine, they are free to do so of course. My cousin is a pharmaceutical engineer at J&J, not working on a vaccine or anything like that, but he does know more about these things than I do and he told me last May there would not be a vaccine for for this virus for 18 months - 2 years.

Have a nice Thanksgiving!!!

I only know what Aussie's tell me about Australia, but I do remember late last spring they were doing well while we were not. And now it's going badly again. And so it will go over and over again.

There is no way to make this work because it could take years, not months of this before there is a safe vaccine and this isn't working in the USA or Europe.

Why can't the experts work on medicine for the interim? Something that will help people recover from covid or at least survive it while freeing the rest of us from bondage until there is a safe, well tested, vaccine that will appeal to a larger segment of the population than is currently interested in vaccines?

To keep doing the same thing over and over again knowing it will not work is simply insane and a waste of time. It's worse because it's also a lie. I'm sure there are medicines that will help safely and effectively. At least they could try.
Chic they are working on medicines for this virus. Be assured of that.

Back