Who's the most famous person you've ever met?

Mark Lindsay --those lips! 79 and still performing
Jack Nicholson
Warren Beatty
Chad and Jeremy
Joan Baez
Terry Melcher
Paul Revere
The Beach Boys
Andy Williams
Steppenwolf
Davy Crockett 😁
Aerosmith
Dennis Hopper
Ryan O'Neal
Leigh Taylor-Young
Frankie Lane
Michael Landon (so handsome)
Nicole Kidman (ran into her at the grocery store) (She is exquisite, truly beautiful)
Abe Vigoda
Warren Beatty
Sam Jaffe and his wife, Bettye Ackerman
Demond Wilson
Santana (one of the sweetest ever)
Grateful Dead
I used to live in California and Nevada. So many opportunities to meet a celebrity. Mark and I did a little more than meet. Just a little; I was only 17 he was 23. LOL Met Paul Revere, Terry Melcher, Chad and Jeremy, Andy Williams, I met in L.A. Grateful Dead and Santana I met when I lived in Las Vegas and the (2x) Dead, Nicholson, Beatty, Hopper, Ryan O'Neal, Leigh Taylor-Young when I lived in Sausalito, CA. Beach Boys, Frankie Lane and (Davy Crockett and I on a parade float together)in Reno. Michael Landon, Abe Vigoda, Sam and Bettye Jaffe, Demond Wilson, Nicole Kidman, Michael Landon, and Peter Benchley (Jaws) in Bev. Hills, and Aerosmith, and the new Steppenwolf (1977 about) in Palo Alto. Joan Baez in SF. There ya' go.

I don't know many....I do have a cousin....He is
a star....If you want to say that....I haven't seen
him in many many years....He was such a nice kid.
As time went by, we never saw him when my parents
went by his mom and dad's house....I guess I was
a little older then my cousin....I think he changed his
name.....He is older now and don't even know what
happened to him....Some one told me they think
he is still singing....... Jeez, he does have my father..s
name....unless he changed....He had many woman in his life....The only thing, I do know he was in the hospital a couple of years ago....Don't know what happened to him.....His parents are both deceased.
I do know that his sister is still living...Only cause my
cousin found her name......We had a lot of cousins..
They only one I still know is my age....We do call
every once in a while....My cousin now is trying to see
if she can have more cousins that are still living....I told
her don't worry.....Most of them are older then us....
Or have died already.....

The only celebrity I have met and I really didn't meet is Tim Allen(Home Improvement, Last Man Standing), Buzz Lightyear) who is from the Denver , Colorado area . He was at a restaurant and when he was leaving I said hello to him and he waved and said hello back. Not really the long sit down meeting , but just glancing hellos. :)

I have met Carol Burnett, Anne Meara, Bronson Pinchot. I was waiting to get into a taxi while the current passenger was paying. It was Sam Waterston. I saw Michael J. Fox often walking around the Upper East and Upper West Sides of Manhattan.

I stopped at a pub with outdoor tables for a pre-dinner drink and this man with beautiful white hair was sitting next to me. We somehow started talking. George Plimpton.

Like Lewcat, I met many celebrities/famous people at work. They will remain unnamed.

A funny story: One patient was walking the hall and noticed "famous person".
Patient to Famous person: Did anyone ever tell you that you look like So and So?
Famous person: Yeah, I get that a lot.
Patient: Too bad you don't have his money.
Famous Person: Yeah, I wish.

All my life on this side of the world, I have never ever met anyone famous, not even remotely.
Then I went to live in Thailand. Found out my next door neighbor was a famous country singer named Jonas Anderson. The guy's Swedish and he sings better in Thai than most Thai singers. I was not a snoopy type so we only talked a couple times.

I briefly met Tony Curtis once. And many others. Back in the 90s, when Comedy Central actually featured comedians I won a pair of tickets to the American Comedy Awards. SO I went. I ran in to Mr. Curtis (who was there because Jamie Leigh was nominated for an award for something..a movie she was in. She won. And later I passed him in a crowd..walked up and said "Mr. Curtis, you must be proud of your daughter" He said yes, and shook my hand, and walked off, probably immediately forgetting the encounter.

Here is Bretrick, the most famous person I have ever met was Carlton Football Club player Vincent "Vin" Waite.
I met him after he finished his career at Carlton and moved to Tasmania to play with Latrobe and East Devonport.
I met him through my father who was born in Melbourne and knew many of the VFL footballers.
I met one time Australian Test Cricketer/Captain Greg Chappell when he came to Perth as administrator of the under 18 National cricket competition.
Famous - known and recognized by many people.

I have a fun story. My mother met Burt Lancaster. She saw him on a city street, with his new bride. Burt Lancaster has been a professional circus entertainer. All of a sudden, he pulled away from her and did a tumbling routine, all the way down the street, just to get a smile out of her.

My mother said it was wonderful to see!

Cybill Shepherd lived down the street from my best friend when we were in high school. It was around '70 or '71. Cybill was on the cover of lots of fashion magazines but I don't think she had done any movies yet. Soon she would make a big splash in "The Last Picture Show".
Me and my buddy would ride our bikes around the neighborhood and we knew when she was home because her red Camaro would be in the driveway. Being several years older than us we viewed her as the totally unattainable goddess. We were shy as heck anyway but always on the lookout to catch a glimpse of her.
Well, one day there she was standing outside in a white dress and we were thunderstruck! As we rode by we waved and couldn't believe it when she smiled and waved back! Then me and my bud did the unthinkable - we screwed up every last ounce of courage, turned around and said hello to her. Cybill said hi and was happy, friendly, relaxed and very natural as we spoke to her for a minute or two.
Afterward we couldn't believe this beautiful blonde goddess had actually taken the time to speak to two mortal peons.
Couldn't wait to get to school the next day to tell all my friends. I never saw Cybill in person again.

Last edited:
Tom monaghan owner of Domino's pizza at one time. He has sold it.
I did some deliveries for Domino's in the 80s. I remember being back in the stock room and looking at the huge cans of tomato sauce and everything. I read the labels and then suddenly realized that every single thing in that store had high quality ingredients, with no chemical preservatives, additives or anything. I was actually quite impressed.

So, I a bunch of us, from college, went down to New York City, back in the fall of 1979. Our friend Jane...her family was very rich and her parents were out of town. So, we stayed at her apartment.

So, she says that she is going out to the local deli...to get cigarettes or something.

She comes back in 20 minutes or so and tell us:

The Story of The Cole Slaw and Mick Jagger...

Ok, so Jane walks into the deli, looks to find her stuff. In the corner is a familiar face. It is...wait for it...yes...Rolling Stone Mick Jagger.

And..wait for it...he - is - eating - cole slaw!

And Jane looks at him like "am I witnessing the coolest person on the planet, eating cole slaw at a NYC Jewish deli?"

And Mick Jagger looks back at her like, "what can I say? I like cole slaw..."

Back