Who's the most famous person you've ever met?

I've seen a few famous people on airplanes when I used to travel a lot when I worked for the government (1967-1997). Otto Graham and Ted Kennedy come to mind, although technically I didn't actually meet them. I've never been impressed by celebrity status of any sort.

I know this is incredibly dumb, but I worked for a non-profit and I used to entertain my boss by doing a comedic impression of Ted Kennedy.

Just for a joke. I actually liked and respected Ted Kennedy and the Kennedy family.

But it was one of my favorite impressions to do...

I know this is incredibly dumb, but I worked for a non-profit and I used to entertain my boss by doing a comedic impression of Ted Kennedy.

Just for a joke. I actually liked and respected Ted Kennedy and the Kennedy family.

But it was one of my favorite impressions to do...
Please explain how to do an impression of a murderer.

Met Muhamad Ali when he had his training camp in Deer Lake Pa. Not actually in Deer Lake but on the right side of Rt. 61 southbound between Schuylkill Haven Pa. & Deer Lake. Strange is that the address was in Orwigsburg. The cabin where he had a ring to spar with was outfitted with the latest equipment at that time.

Met Cher when she was performing in Atlantic city. She sure is tiny.

Last would Mike Tyson when he worked out on weights at a 24 hour fitness. I stopped him from doing squats with 240lbs. of weight on a barbell. One of his "guards" asked me to step back which I did. The reason I stopped him was he had no buffer on the barbell to protect his neck from being pinched. He got the pad that is used for a buffer & thanked me.

During the late 1960s, I was a Corpsman stationed in the Eye Clinic at the Naval Hospital in Bethesda, MD. It's the hospital the President goes to. One of the perks of being a member of Congress is a yearly physical. There are 435 Representatives and 100 Senators, plus high ranking others ,and most of them came to Bethesda. So I got to meet lots of them. To be honest, after the awe wore off, they all looked like insurance salesman. This was pre-Betty Ford, and there were a number of alcoholic politicians. But there were a few others when I saw them I thought: OMG!!! If YOU'RE the winner, what the hell was the loser like??????

I just remembered my Husband was a big Hockey fan and had season tickets for the Philadelphia Flyers for many years. He got to see them win the Stanley cup 2 x's. Then one day we were in a restaurant and the team was there too. My Husband approached them and said our son was a big fan of theirs. They all gave him their autographs.My Husband was thrilled and framed the signatures.Of course he lied by saying my son was a fan because my son was only 2yr's old at the time.

I just remembered my Husband was a big Hockey fan and had season tickets for the Philadelphia Flyers for many years. He got to see them win the Stanley cup 2 x's. Then one day we were in a restaurant and the team was there too. My Husband approached them and said our son was a big fan of theirs. They all gave him their autographs.My Husband was thrilled and framed the signatures.Of course he lied by saying my son was a fan because my son was only 2yr's old at the time.
They were referred to as the Broadstreet Bullies back then. The most feared player on that team was Dave "The Hammer" Shultz

Last edited:

Back