Why Must Some People Constantly Find Fault

Bettyann

Sorry, folks, just venting here... I get SO pissed off at some people on some of the Forums who think they RULE and they have to look for 'mistakes' or continuously look for something to criticize find 'wrong'. Especially on "Games." oh well... heavy sigh...even though its just supposed to be fun!... and it will hardly take Earth out of its orbit... :eek:

Well I certainly do not know but I totally empathize with how you feel,things should be fun and quite forgiving in a lot of these posts!

OTOH, it can be nice to be able to vent right when you feel hurt or upset or angry, from the anonymity of a computer when you might not do it face to face (probably safer too! :) ).

What are the people criticizing on the game forums, of all places? I didn't say "who" but "what"?

I have felt discouraged about wanting to get onto some of those threads because of the sheer numbers of the posts, but hey -- maybe it was the criticizing going on that was really warding me off. Even thought I did not know it existed, consciously, I do get hunches sometimes and pick up on vibes.

As to duplicate posts, that is one criticism I would have of this BB -- there is no way (that I've found) to delete a post or a thread I've started. Different BBs have different set-ups, but if there is a way to delete threads on here, I haven't found it yet.

Not saying you should delete yours ... because I'm actually glad you posted it, I've been afraid I might get the "rules" of a game thread wrong, or post duplicates with all those thousands of posts already there.

:)

It's just some people's nature. When I worked for a living, I was a pilot for United. We had taken delivery of four brand new Boeing 767's. One of the fellows that worked with us in our home base was chosen to be one of the first to fly one of these new beauties, a Boeing 767-300, which was capable of flying about 200 passengers on a single flight. It was always considered as a privilege to have this honor bestowed upon us. The first words out of his mouth was,"Who did I piss off to get picked for this job?" I was somewhat envious that it wasn't me. It's like driving a brand new car for the first time.

The types that nit pick think they are soooo perfect that they must point out the imperfections in others.

It can happen in games, put the wrong letter in a word and they are all over you. Haha, you made a mistake is their mantra.

They are also known to be spelling cops, punctuation cops etc.

Cops are such a maligned group these days...

Along with their masters - politicians.

In that case, though, I think rightly so. At least cops DO something worthwhile.

Oh, and BettyAnn?

... or continuously look for something to criticize find 'wrong'.

It should be:

...or continuously look for something to criticize AND TO find 'wrong'.

:victorious:

I think some people use the Internet as a forum to spew vitriol they are unable to expel offline. Lucky us! Lol. Tempers looking for a tantrum, I try to give them a wide berth whenever possible.

.. and, you will find at least one on every forum. Warrigal mentioned the ignore button, which is what I do.

I think that it is the internet and the culture which has evolved - particularly through social media. I have not been around here much yet but do know that there are plenty of people around the internet who simply enjoy flaming others and behaving as they would never dream of in real life. Unfortunately, where there is a live feed/stream they can see what others post and react to it by flaming, judging, bumping posts, etc. The best thing to do is ignore these members and continue to behave as you would. You may not be accepted by them, but then would that bother you?

On the other hand, I think it's good exercise to get things off your chest if something's bugging you, rather than letting animosity build up.

I think that it is the internet and the culture which has evolved - particularly through social media. I have not been around here much yet but do know that there are plenty of people around the internet who simply enjoy flaming others and behaving as they would never dream of in real life. Unfortunately, where there is a live feed/stream they can see what others post and react to it by flaming, judging, bumping posts, etc. The best thing to do is ignore these members and continue to behave as you would. You may not be accepted by them, but then would that bother you?

I don't give flamers the attention they crave.

The games have rules. No need to get upset if they're just telling you the rules. Keep playing.

Become a champion. That'll teach 'em.

Back