Women prefer men with beards as they're seen as more 'dominant and attractive'

A study has discovered that women are more attracted to men who have beards.

The research showed that this was the case because beards made men seem more physically and socially dominant.

However, they were not seen as a sign of cleanliness and so those women who did not like hairy faces may have been turned off by the fear that they may contain fleas or lice - which may have an evolutionary root.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/love-sex/women-prefer-men-beards-theyre-21284152

During my single years, I grew a beard three different times. I found that the type of women who preferred the bearded Pecos were different that the women who preferred the clean shaven Pecos.
I came to believe that the ones who preferred the clean shaven Pecos were, on whole, better girl friends for me. Being bearded seemed "out of character" for a studious engineering type like me.

From the article;

'those women who did not like hairy faces may have been turned off by the fear that they may contain fleas or lice - which may have an evolutionary root.
Those same women, who preferred a shaven face, were found to be the most afraid of parasites such as pests, like ticks, or pubic lice'

Really?! Pubic lice?

Now, where in heck do you suppose would they get those...in their beards?

Last edited:
I much prefer beards on men. I love Ron’s nearly trimmed beard. It helps I think that his facial hair is very soft.

The last man I dated had a full beard too, but it was nowhere near as soft as Ron’s.

My son in law has a very full and unruly beard. All 4 of my sons have facial hair ... goatee, mustache, etc.

My husband was clean shaven when we met, he always had a young looking face so he grew a mustache, he couldn’t have a beard where he worked but when he retired he grew a goatee, I liked him either way but I don’t like a full beard, it always looks like something is living in there..... 🤣

I have worn a full beard for years. Frankly, I don't care what women prefer. It's my face, and I like it furry.
Yup

My lady likes it too
'It's so soft!'

....and, hell, I've had it since I wuz 3

Heh, I shaved it off once
Woke to my lady's face..... staring at mine
Scared the kids...'Dad's voice is....is.... comin' from a strange man!!!'

Never shaved it off since

My husband looks best with a mustache. He has grown a beard before, which I hated. A few years back he decided to shave off his mustache. I begged him not to. He did it anyway and looked like his grandpa's twin! He grew it back as fast as possible. It's white now, but he looks way better with it than without.

Back