2022 flowers & garden

Everything except the dianthus and an ornamental blue fescue has been planted. This dianthus is peach-colored and different that any I've seen so I'm thinking hard about where it should be. Leaning toward a pot instead of in the ground.

There's already a spot for the blue fescue where there was one that died. Died, I tell you! Don't know how that happened.

Anyway, there's a big silver pot toward the corner of the front yard where I planted a half dozen bright red geraniums. Also planted lithadora and Dusty Miller in another big pot in back.
Hey, how about showing us a couple pictures when your flowers get blooming?! Thanks in advance, gal!

The Rose Verbena blooms today in Missouri

Glandularia_canadensis.jpg

@Liberty I'm gonna post pix after the rest of today's haul is in the ground. I spent money at the garden centers like I had it! Can't even think about planting today's stuff because the ground is still so wet that it's squishy. And tomorrow and Saturday nights we might have (gasp!) frost. That's not a "for sure" but it's a possibility. Anyway, Sunday is a day off and supposed to be sunny so Sunday will be planting day. Church on Sunday? The garden is my church because as we all know, one is closer to God's heart in a garden than anywhere else on earth. Right?

Here it is Saturday afternoon and too cold to play in the dirt. Actually, it's still too darned muddy to play in the dirt anyway. It's supposed to be much warmer tomorrow. Can you guess where I'll be👩‍🌾

The threatened frost didn't happen last night...missed by a country mile after I very carefully covered all the new plants in their pots! Tonight could be a different story, though, because the sun is coming out and it's not going to get much warmer than it is right now (43). Clear sky on a cold night = frost. Guess the wise thing to do is to cover them again so that I'll have plants to put in the ground tomorrow.

Where's everybody else been? Surely I'm not the only one who plays in the dirt!

We didn't get frost last night but close. Glad I took the trouble to cover my new plants. Today they're all going to get forever homes in the garden.
You know how it is this time of year...hit and miss with the night weather issues. We haven't been getting cold enough to frost though, and it looks like sunny spring sailing here for the foreseeable future. Hope your weather turns warm, too. It usually works that way - goes from west to east. I've planted about all I'm going to this year. Still looking for something that thrives on heat and more heat to put in the front big concrete urns. Maybe something Mexican!

You know how it is this time of year...hit and miss with the night weather issues. We haven't been getting cold enough to frost though, and it looks like sunny spring sailing here for the foreseeable future. Hope your weather turns warm, too. It usually works that way - goes from west to east. I've planted about all I'm going to this year. Still looking for something that thrives on heat and more heat to put in the front big concrete urns. Maybe something Mexican!
Lantana?

Almost everything is in the ground. Still have angelonia, gomphrena, stock and some dwarf zinnias. They might have to wait until tomorrow after work or maybe until Tuesday when I have a day off.

There's still a lot of room out there. It's a good thing DD isn't home from Florida yet because I'd be begging her to take me to the garden centers. There were a lot of flowers that I had to leave behind...not enough room to bring them all home. Maybe some impatiens would like to be planted under one of the magnolia trees? Oh, and a yellow dipladenia for a hanging basket.

Yanno? I wonder how much it would cost💸 to Uber🚗...just wondering...;)

The dwarf zinnias and stock have been planted, and the lawn has been mowed. All that's left are gomphrena and angelonia because I can't quite decide where they would be happiest.

Progress.
Georgiagranny, are you in planting zone 7 or 8 for Georgia? I am in Zone 7 for South Carolina. I’ve been following your post on what you’re planting but you seem a little ahead of me. I want to sow some zinnia seed but think I need to wait another week or so.

@MountainRa We're mostly in the warmer section of planting zone 7, depending on the weather, of course! This past weekend was unusually cold at night with "almost" frost but not quite. According to the weathernerds, the average last frost here is around April 10. If Mother Nature cooperates, the nighttime temps here won't get below 40 again this season.

The way I plant is mostly by-guess-and-by-golly. The bedding plants I put in are usually plants that can tolerate cooler temps. When I'm tempted to plant others, I just have to cover them, which is quite an undertaking because the garden is soooo big.

A couple of years ago I bought a thing called a "Planket" to keep the frost off the plants when frost is threatened. It's huge, so I cut it into smaller sections, but still a PITA to tote around to different part of the garden, anchor against wind, uncover again in the morning.

The good thing about all this work is that it keeps me off the streets and out of mischief! :LOL:

I love the shamrock plants, @Trila :love:
I think they are Oxalis, with those gentle fragile little blossoms;

and I can see in your picture, those special leaf groupings of theirs that do, as I remember,
appear to be small butterfly wings, in sets of 3 butterflies each! ;):D:giggle::LOL:😁

Back