2022 flowers & garden

jardin-fleuriste-et-potager.jpg

They are chard, those are volunteer pumpkin/squash that was in our composted hog bedding. We would scavenge pumpkins and squash in town that were being thrown away after Halloween. Pigs eat, pigs poop, vegetables grow. :)
Thanks for this, Paco D !(y):)
In those same decades, I too had squash vines grow out of the compost , and was delighted with them, some reverted to old heirloom types that were great eating, and of course, those squash blossoms are both beautiful and help pollinators, too. :cool::giggle:

Years after that, I planted some on top of compost decayed heaps; no other feeding of those vegetable plants was needed!:geek::LOL:

I can picture squash vines growing out of the pig bedding materials too. :ROFLMAO:(y):cool:

I've always loved peonies! These are beautiful! We used to have them at our previous house. I think they need ants to open them up? Whenever I'd bring them in the house, I would see them crawling in their petals.
LOL! 😂 Yes, they require ants, that is why I don't bring them in anymore....even though they smell so nice!

Well, the rain has knocked down the peonies for this season. However, there is no shortage of other things blooming. Here are just a few examples....

IMG_20220512_112329.jpgIMG_20220512_112004.jpgIMG_20220516_175740_kindlephoto-93484572.jpgIMG_20220517_093554.jpg
Funny thing is, every year the rose bush goes down in the mid-summer heat. Every year I get disgusted and decide to just give up on it. And every spring it comes back better than ever! This year the flowers are about 6 inches across!!!! 😲

The deer over here would love for me to try to have a garden as big, lush, and beautiful as yours! I expect that they would consider it a personal challenge, to see how fast they could destroy it! 😂
We also have deer, and I found a remedy - mix garlic, egg yolk, pepper and water and put in bottle - spray the vegetation. The deer smell it and don't go near. It gets washed off over time but the deer remember it.

Well, the rain has knocked down the peonies for this season. However, there is no shortage of other things blooming. Here are just a few examples....

View attachment 221859View attachment 221860View attachment 221861View attachment 221862
Funny thing is, every year the rose bush goes down in the mid-summer heat. Every year I get disgusted and decide to just give up on it. And every spring it comes back better than ever! This year the flowers are about 6 inches across!!!! 😲
So beautiful, @Trila ! I love irises and my irises are also in bloom, but the roses are nowhere close to the size of yours! Enjoy the flowers!

We also have deer, and I found a remedy - mix garlic, egg yolk, pepper and water and put in bottle - spray the vegetation. The deer smell it and don't go near. It gets washed off over time but the deer remember it.
Sprays don't seem to work here, probably because the deer are so over populated...there are always new ones coming around.

We have found that the electric fences are effective....

Photographed the below landscape (downsized for web) on May 11 at our San Jose Municipal Rose Garden and just now completed post processing. It is a 2 frame 2 column 1 row stitch blended image that was also focus stack blended from 28 individual shots. The image shows only about one-third of the rose garden. It is a test garden within a city park for a national rose association. Sony A6000 Sigma 30mm, 9200 by 3600 pixels.

Did not work as many close up subjects as the previous two pandemic Mays because to do so requires near calm air as it hasn't been too calm. Most of my images still need to be processed but that will need to wait until tendonitis in my right arm from a rotator cuff injury heals more. Originally the tendonitis was only at my shoulder that has since mostly healed but has slowly migrated down to my elbow where my right hand index finger tendon attaches that I greatly use for computer mouse control performing the tedious processing.

TJ09963-09990-2x1hy.jpg

Last edited:
Photographed the below landscape (downsized for web) on May 11 at our San Jose Municipal Rose Garden and just now completed post processing. It is a 2 frame 2 column 1 row stitch blended image that was also focus stack blended from 28 individual shots. The image shows only about one-third of the rose garden. It is a test garden within a city park for a national rose association. Sony A6000 Sigma 30mm, 9200 by 3600 pixels.

Did not work as many close up subjects as the previous two pandemic Mays because to do so requires near calm air as it hasn't been too calm. Most of my images still need to be processed but that will need to wait until tendonitis in my right arm from a rotator cuff injury heals more. Originally the tendonitis was only at my shoulder that has since mostly healed but has slowly migrated down to my elbow where my right hand index finger tendon attaches that I greatly use for computer mouse control performing the tedious processing.

TJ09963-09990-2x1hy.jpg
This is breathtakingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful photos, @Trila! I particularly liked the Orange Glory, although all of them were wonderful to look at! :)
Thank you....that is one of my favorite plants. I have been dividing and replanting them for years....I probably have at least 5 dozen orange glory plants around the house! They attract humming birds and butterflies.
Here are some more, on the other side of the house....
2020-06-19 Orange Glory plants (1).jpg

Back