A GREAT cup of coffee!

Our favorite is Kona, but like other kinds like Jamaican Blue Mountain, etc. I buy the beans now and grind them at home, fresh coffee is so much better than the canned that we were drinking for years.

I've been grinding on and off for many years, mostly off and my Braun grinder still works. I'm far too lazy anymore. Cleaning up grounds, cleaning out grinder...bah!

I know what you mean, but mine is pretty new to me, probably a couple of years at the most, so not ready to give up yet. I was using the grinders at the store, but people always left some beans in there and sometimes flavored which really ruins regular coffee.

Id say the best tasting coffee is Costco’s Kirkland brand and that’s what I usually use.

Yup
Great taste
Great price and in a 4 lb can
I love their Colombian

As far as grabbing a cup on the road?
Mc D has great coffee…for a buck

However, we have this chain of truck stops here called ‘Pilot’
Their coffee sucks, big time
But, some of them have brought in these ‘bean to cup’ brewing systems
Oh…my…gawd
Their Colombian brew beats hell outa whatever Starbucks thinks they have
And only for a couple bucks
Found out their bean to cup systems took $20K outa their franchise pockets
But, man, in about a half minute and I’m in sip heaven

I have 3 kinds of coffee in my refrigerator: French Roast, Banana Nut and German Chocolate Cake. I like the last 2 but the first one isn't as tasty. The last 2 are Berardi's brand. I like the Banana Nut the best of the 3. Another one I drink is Southern Pecan but they didn't have it at the store when I needed coffee this time. I add some Flaxmilk to it. No sugars for me.

The coffee made my by Keurig is not as full-bodied and delicious as old-fashioned perked coffee. But it makes up for it in convenience. The K-cup pods from Peet's are pretty good.

The coffee made my by Keurig is not as full-bodied and delicious as old-fashioned perked coffee. But it makes up for it in convenience. The K-cup pods from Peet's are pretty good.

Very true! I was tempted to buy a Keurig because it’s only me and just one cup of coffee a day but not crazy about the coffee it makes.

my daughter and son have them or had them but my daughter just got something different but forget what it’s called...you can make one cup or a full pot and some other things.

When I was there last month to watch my grandson while they went to Hawaii, she had to train me on how to use it, lol.

I drink Kroger Premium Blend in the big blue can. It's not as bad as it sounds, after all, Kroger was a coffee store before it became a supermarket. The main thing is it's cheap and since I drink a 4 cup pot every morning, if I got hooked on the quality stuff I would have to go back to work to support my habit.

Now I'm wanting to drive around till I find a place with one of those "bean to cup," machines!

Ratchets?

Jamaican slang/Patois for folding knife. The guys all had them, but, in retrospect, I believe they had just finished working on the coffee bushes. I do still wonder about that freshly filled grave, more than thirty years after the fact. I wasn't about to ask about it, at the time: "Ah, that grave, my brother, it is the last tourist who stopped here." No, I really, REALLY, didn't want to know, at the time.

I really enjoy having flavored coffee, and I usually get some from Amazon, and get the Coffee Fools brand. They have the most amazing variety of flavored coffees, and some that i didn’t think that i would like , turned out to be delicious.
I think that my very favorite is the chocolate raspberry, but I like just about anything that I have tried.
Today, I am really happy ! !
I ordered Fools A. Joy Island (almond coconut, like the candy bar). Instead, they sent me Fools Black Nutty Fudge. I messaged amazon, and they said, keep it and they will replace it with the almond joy coffee, so soon I will have both to look forward to for my morning coffee.

Our little town has an excellent coffee roasting shop and I love to buy my whole beans there. When you step through the door, you feel like you are back in the 1960's hippie era as all the employees dress the part. Their coffees are all blends with great names like: Dear Ella's, Uncle John's, Seven Monkey Fury, …. I find it to be an enjoyable experience.
I am the head coffee snob at our house and I am pretty fussy about how I make it in the morning. But, it suits the wife just fine.

I like Melitta and the hubby drinks Chock full o Nuts. Melitta has about 4 different kinds plus Decaf. I tried them all and they all taste the same to me. I will be switching to decaf for my afternoon iced coffee though.

I had a scare last week. I had been working outside all day and I got really thirsty. I made a big glass of ice coffee. Not decaf. I gulped it down and a few minutes later my heart was racing. Took about 2 hours for my heart rate to get back to normal. I think it was the regular coffee,a bit to strong and the fact that I gulped it down. I don't ever want to repeat that so I'll drink the decaf and slow down.
Ice water would have the same effect. Your heart was pumping trying to warm your internal organs. The Chinese don't believe in drinking anything ice cold.

I am no longer much of a coffee drinker, I find now that coffee has no taste. When I make coffee it is normally Folgers or Maxwell House, and I only have one cup in the morning, with a little milk in it.. I have tried numerous ways of drinking my one cup by adding different creamers, but that's the flavour you get is the creamer..

I really enjoy having flavored coffee, and I usually get some from Amazon, and get the Coffee Fools brand. They have the most amazing variety of flavored coffees, and some that i didn’t think that i would like , turned out to be delicious.
I think that my very favorite is the chocolate raspberry, but I like just about anything that I have tried.
Today, I am really happy ! !
I ordered Fools A. Joy Island (almond coconut, like the candy bar). Instead, they sent me Fools Black Nutty Fudge. I messaged amazon, and they said, keep it and they will replace it with the almond joy coffee, so soon I will have both to look forward to for my morning coffee.
When I used to drink coffee I think I was just as much of a connoisseur as you. Chocolate raspberry was one of my favourite coffees.

A week or so ago I had a pumpkin spice latte with caramel sauce but I don’t usually drink coffee now.
The caffeine keeps me up and I’m hyper enough without caffeine, plus it seems to eat away at my stomach lining.

Blue Mountain coffee is so rich & smooth.

When we camped and canoed we would build a fire, and percolate coffee in those tin kettles and bring baileys as a sweetener and creamer. It was great since it wasn’t perishable.

I miss those types of drinks. That’s so good.

A great cup of coffee is exquisite.

The first really good cup of coffee I had was in Costa Rica. We discovered Italian coffee makers in Rome.
Sorry, I am a coffee snob.
The coffee in Paris is very good, Spain - it's ok.
London has awful coffee. It was so bad most places I had to go to Starbucks for morning caffeine. I really dislike Starbucks.

One interesting question is dark roast vs. light roast. For a long time, I've believed that light roast is stronger, with more caffeine. But if you google the subject, it turns out to be more complicated than that.

The bottom line seems to be that the length of the roasting process changes the flavor, but dark, medium, and light roasted coffee beans will give you about the same amount of caffeine.

Anyone know about this?

I use a percolator, and for some time have been using Starbucks dark french roast . I like the taste of course, but I also like the way it is packaged. , Easy to store , compared to those "tubs" so many of the others come in.

But ! Will need to buy a tub here before too long, so I have a place to toss my change when it becomes empty...........:)

Back