Anyone watch Unexplained? What are your thoughts on Paranormal?

I never ever believed in any of that stuff before this one evening. I was in a school all by myself, waiting to go home at 11... At the end or near the end of our shift, you have to check and make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked by walking around the building. I normally make sure everything inside is closed, locked, and lights out. On my way out of the building I went out by the gym doors, I picked everything up off the floor and put it all away, and turned out the lights. Checked the building, everything was locked up as I already knew it was but had to do it to make sure. Came back through the gym, was sitting in the office playing a game of solitaire.

So about 10 minutes later, I begin to hear kids playing, and giggling, It sounded like little kids playing and bouncing balls maybe grade 1 or maybe grade two, it's 11:20 pm. I walk down towards the noise, the gym lights are on full, and there are 4 or 5 balls on the gym floor, and one is still rolling. I could feel the hair on the back of my neck and arms stand up. Nobody around, so I pick up the balls and close up the gym. Put on the alarm.

I told two people that story the next day, I told Lorie, and I told my brother-in-law. A few days go by, and we are at Lorie's Mom and Dad's, and Lorie's sisters are there. I begin to tell the story, and Lorie's oldest sister said the school to me and asked if it was a certain date, and I said yes. There were two children, a brother and sister, grade 1 and 2 murdered by their father. We figure the spirits of these children come back to the school where they felt the safest on the anniversary of their deaths... As telling this story, which was probably 12 years ago, I again can feel the hair stand up on my neck and arms. I never ever since felt that feeling ever again, as I did that night, in that school...

paranormal stuff I watch sometimes -but some stuff is unexplainable-- yes demons are my worst fear too ' evil comes in all shapes and sizes
not the easiest to get rid from a building … I enjoy the unknown progs -iam very open minded to whats out there 'think u have to be .
mike that was a scarey time seeing the ball still rolling - did u hear it any more ?

It's very easy to get carried away with the "occult". You don't need much verification, just an active and willing imagination. I know. I did get hooked on that stuff years ago. There wasn't anything too far fetched or bizarre. Everything seemed plausible. My aura was yellow-OOOOH!!!!! Somewhere along the line, I realized that I couldn't really see people's auras. I couldn't even predict the future. Hell, I couldn't even see the ghosts., that were wandering around my home. Because a candle flame flickered to the right does not necessarily mean great-great Uncle Flugenham is sending you a coded message.

I think it is stupid to declare one way or another. The only thing we can be certain is we are not certain. But if the paranormal exists it is reasonable to believe there is good and bad. Look at the horrors as well as the acts of love humans have done so if spirits are connected to humans.....

I think it is stupid to declare one way or another. The only thing we can be certain is we are not certain. . . .
I will follow the evidence wherever it goes. I will change my most deeply held views if contradicted by new evidence. But zero evidence, as is the case with the paranormal, is a lousy reason to believe in something.

paranormal stuff I watch sometimes -but some stuff is unexplainable-- yes demons are my worst fear too ' evil comes in all shapes and sizes
not the easiest to get rid from a building … I enjoy the unknown progs -iam very open minded to whats out there 'think u have to be .
mike that was a scarey time seeing the ball still rolling - did u hear it any more ?

@toffee never ever again... But have been told things about older schools...

Mike, sorry, but not convinced. Your story about the "ghosts" of the murdered children is right along the lines of countless ghost stories that have been told since time immemorial, mainly in the 19th century, when they really went in for that woo-woo spook stuff. And the punch line is always something like, "And that turned out to be the anniversary of the death/murder/accident, etc., and their restless spirit came back to haunt us." Oh, please.

What caused the balls to roll and the children's ghostly voices? My guess would be ball rolling: could have been a minor earthquake in the building; children laughing: you got spooked, it was late at night, you were alone, and couldn't explain the rolling balls, so your own imagination got a bit overactive. Hey, it happens to the best of us.

Yes, I do believe there are phenomena that happens that can't really be explained. That has happened to me. But I'm not into trying to argue anyone into believing how I think about it. Been there, done that. No longer care.

I believe.

2005-12-27B-240x331.gif

Mike, sorry, but not convinced. Your story about the "ghosts" of the murdered children is right along the lines of countless ghost stories that have been told since time immemorial, mainly in the 19th century, when they really went in for that woo-woo spook stuff. And the punch line is always something like, "And that turned out to be the anniversary of the death/murder/accident, etc., and their restless spirit came back to haunt us." Oh, please.

What caused the balls to roll and the children's ghostly voices? My guess would be ball rolling: could have been a minor earthquake in the building; children laughing: you got spooked, it was late at night, you were alone, and couldn't explain the rolling balls, so your own imagination got a bit overactive. Hey, it happens to the best of us.

Maybe Buddy, But I've worked in over 100 of our schools, and never before, or after that have I experienced what I did that night. I too was not a believer, and all that stuff... But something did happen that night that I cannot explain...

I don't 100% believe and I don't 100% disbelieve. I try to keep my mind open.

I am with jujube. I, too have an open mind. I think things happen around us sometimes that cannot be explained in "real world" terms. I think that we, as humans, are prone to need an explaination for all things around us.
My cousin is very interested in it, and listens to many Paranormal podcasts. She has suggested I listen as well, I have, and simply find them weirdly interesting. But, my interests have always been drawn to the weird and odd around us.

Several years ago I was driving home in a heavy rain, it was late in the evening and as I passed through this small berg..only about 20 home and a old cemetery, the rain was so heavy I could not see beyond the hood of my car.. A slim man in a brown leather coat appeared at the mirror side so close I seen his face and thought I hit him except I did not hear a sound or bump as he was crossing the road. I was shaken, but did not stop because I had been drinking. A week or two later several of my friends and myself were at the pub just drinking and talking and I had not mentioned this incident to anyone and told them what had happened. As I was leaving one of the guys ask me where it happened and started to tell me what happened to him. I asked what color coat this guy had on and he said a long brown leather coat. Our experience were so close it was scary with one exception, his wife was with him. He ask her, did you see that and she had seen it also. They were so shaken they went to a spiritualist to discuss it. They wanted me to go, but I had the crap scared out of me and wan't going to mess with it. To this day I have never driven thru this berg when it is raining. (think what you want to think, but I think I saw a ghost) :alien:

I'm very open minded about such things. I know I've had some experiences and I know others have too. I never discuss it with anyone who isn't like minded. No need to try and convince others of anything. I'm the same way about religion, food, vitamins, diets, education, politics or even what colors look best on each person. Everyone should make their own way in this world and make up their own minds.

I never ever believed in any of that stuff before this one evening. I was in a school all by myself, waiting to go home at 11... At the end or near the end of our shift, you have to check and make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked by walking around the building. I normally make sure everything inside is closed, locked, and lights out. On my way out of the building I went out by the gym doors, I picked everything up off the floor and put it all away, and turned out the lights. Checked the building, everything was locked up as I already knew it was but had to do it to make sure. Came back through the gym, was sitting in the office playing a game of solitaire.

So about 10 minutes later, I begin to hear kids playing, and giggling, It sounded like little kids playing and bouncing balls maybe grade 1 or maybe grade two, it's 11:20 pm. I walk down towards the noise, the gym lights are on full, and there are 4 or 5 balls on the gym floor, and one is still rolling. I could feel the hair on the back of my neck and arms stand up. Nobody around, so I pick up the balls and close up the gym. Put on the alarm.

I told two people that story the next day, I told Lorie, and I told my brother-in-law. A few days go by, and we are at Lorie's Mom and Dad's, and Lorie's sisters are there. I begin to tell the story, and Lorie's oldest sister said the school to me and asked if it was a certain date, and I said yes. There were two children, a brother and sister, grade 1 and 2 murdered by their father. We figure the spirits of these children come back to the school where they felt the safest on the anniversary of their deaths... As telling this story, which was probably 12 years ago, I again can feel the hair stand up on my neck and arms. I never ever since felt that feeling ever again, as I did that night, in that school...

That was an amazing story and I also believe in Paranormal activity. I've had a few experiences myself that could never be explained.

Back