Cenegenics: Scam or Legitimate?

MY TWO YEARS ON CENEGENICS:

Hello to all I have corresponded to since I first joined Cenegenics 2 years ago. I promised to tell my progress, warts and all. No warts, actually, but did have to donate blood for a year due to high hematocrits from the testosterone. That has stabilized and I remain normal. The results of my studies are very pleasing. I am 66 years old. I have no plaque in my carotids. My artery wall thickness is less than the 25th percentile (the lowest/best range) My percent body fat went from 32.9 to 18.7% I lost over 30# of fat and put on over 11 # of muscle. A better way to look at it is that my body fat was at the 95% for my age at the onset and is now at the 9th percentile. My labs show that my testosterone is in the normal range (was low) and other hormones normal. (testosterone is given to correct low testosterone, not to make it artificially high) The most important thing is that I feel great. My joint sx;s are gone. My fatigue is gone. I feel easily 20 years younger. I work a high paced job 60 hour per week including one night. I have much less money that I would have had if I had not been on Cenegenics, but for me it has been well worth it. This is just my experience to date. I have not been checking recently, so I do not know if there have been many posting who have actually been on the Cenegenics program. It is far different from their ads.

Newly Old

Hi Newly - glad that it worked! I am trying to find more reviews! Sounds like you had a good experience. How expensive was the program?

Balki

I never heard of this but then again I don't watch much TV. It seems to me that a conventional doctor could do the same tests and all. It all depends on what insurance you have and how much you can pay out of pocket. My Dad is much older but has great insurance. His doctors will run a whole bunch of tests regularly. At my age with my insurance, unless some part of me breaks down completely it's kind of don't ask, don't test. Even if money was no object I wouldn't trust an ad from TV.

I never heard of this but then again I don't watch much TV. It seems to me that a conventional doctor could do the same tests and all. It all depends on what insurance you have and how much you can pay out of pocket. My Dad is much older but has great insurance. His doctors will run a whole bunch of tests regularly. At my age with my insurance, unless some part of me breaks down completely it's kind of don't ask, don't test. Even if money was no object I wouldn't trust an ad from TV.

It is hard to find internists who will do this. It is not covered by insurance because "aging" is not a "disease." Hormone optimization (bringing low testosterone into the normal range) is not yet routinely accepted by MD's. There are numerous studies coming out showing the benefits and refuting old safety concerns. I expect that it will become more widespread, but until then, good luck.

Under most insurance plans, doctors cannot provide uncovered services and chart the patient out of pocket. And since age management is not covered...

Newly old

very expensive, but I think there are different programs. The initial comprehensive exam and testing is about $5,000 i believe. For me, it made a huge difference in my life.

Newly Old

$5,000 for a medical exam is beyond my budget. Then you'd have to pay more for supplements etc. wouldn't you?

Anyway, congrats on your success. It sounds like you're enjoying life far more now.

$5,000 for a medical exam is beyond my budget. Then you'd have to pay more for supplements etc. wouldn't you?

Anyway, congrats on your success. It sounds like you're enjoying life far more now.

I think it is beyond almost everybody's budget. I think they have some options for lesser programs, but the full program started with the exam, then a monthly program fee, plus pharmacy costs for supplements, testosterone if needed.

It worked for me because I decided that I would commit to the full program. That means very careful healthy diet every day. Exercise. I haven't had a cookie, donut, cake, ice cream, candy, glass of orange juice, pasta, potatoes, pretzels, etc in over 2 years and plan on (almost) never eating them again.

I think of it like this. I used to ski mogul fields on big mountains when I was younger. I loved it. I don't think my 66 year old bones would do well in a high speed tumbling fall down a mountain. So it is something I did in my youth. Same with eating. I used to eat those things. I loved them. I used to love delicious meals and dessert. It was something I did when I was younger. Now I eat for health and nutrition.

Major expense, major lifestyle change- for life.

Newly Old

Food is fuel for me too and my dietary choices are almost identical to yours for the same reasons. Throw in execise, meditation, t'ai chi and a bit of yoga, weight lifting and I'm not doing too badly for a senior gal. And it's affordable which helps me lots too. Financial distress could cause health issues which I don't want.

So I guess we're both successful. And that's pretty awesome at our age. :eek:nthego:

I live in a senior community and I see everyday what's in my future IF I don't do something to better my all around health. Cenegenics offers me a new life. A life of activity, travel, women, shows and such that I will truly be able to really enjoy my senior years. Now all have to do, is be able to afford it.

Which program & Doctor did you use?

Ladies and gentlemen,

I have read a lot of ignorant sarcasm in discussing Cenegenics. This company practices age management , not age organization and they are not a nanny service. What they are doing is Bio-Identical hormone Relacement therapy. Before you roll your eyes and speak with a uneducated , closed mind you should know what this actually is. They do a very lengthy and compley blood screening. Something a lot more comprehensive than your Family Doctor would ever do. When we get older certain things happen and our bodies naturally stop making things like estrogen, testosterone, HGH and many other things. The blood test results show them where the deficiencies are and where somethings are too high. They look at your comprehensive health and how it all works together. They measure thyroid function, vitamin levels, cardiac function, many key indicators to possible future healh issues that can be proactively corrected. Once they get this "Full Health picture" , they correct the imbalances by perscribing theraputic amounts of things your body naturally produces and needs and helps counteract and issues found. Your diet is even changed in a lot of instances. They really take a comprehensive look at your health and put things back to where they should be. Oh, and no "steriods". thats just silly. The only steriod would be testosterone, something you need anyway. I have been under the care of an age management Dr for a couple years now. I look and feel years younger. My wife is doing this with me and she has equally good results. I am 45 so maybe not as old as some of you on here but I started on this therapy and got back into the gym. I initially lost 30 pounds and then gained muscle because I am on a high protein diet and the testosterone helps build muscle. I have very low "T" as they say on TV and my Dr never caught it. My level shoul dhave been 600+ and I was at 75..very low. Just balancing your Testosterone back to where it needs to be will activate your metabolism , help muscles , give you energy and make you geel great. I am now in better shape than when I was 25. Now, I was very athletic and played college football but my bosy had gone downhill a lot. Now, I can outrun my 20 year old son and my bench press is around 400. Not bad for a 45 year old. I am muscular and have ab muscles. Sexual appetite and function is beck to where it was in my 20's, my skin looks years younger and I am in great health because its monitored closely. So, call it a scam all you want but it works and it does great things for your health. yes, its a bit pricy but Cenegenics is more expensive than most. I paid a total of around $1,000 to get started (including the bloood test). So $4,000 is high. I suggest looking around. This has been the best thing I have ever done. My father in law told me about it, he has been doing it for years. He is 65 and looks 50, acts younger and says he feels like a 30 year old. he is extremely active. I am a believer and have personal experience to back it up. I can honesly say, this is real science and not a scam. Like anything just do your homework and look for better deals. By the way, I am told all the time that I look 35 and younger women constantly flirt with me...I go to the beach, take off my shirt and look better than most. My kids are amazed and my wife is extremely happy ;). So people like seabreeze can be negative all they want. I guarentee that if I was sitting next to them at the beach they would only wish they looked as good as I do. I hug my Dr every time I go see her..she is a miracle worker and I have the peace of mind knowing I will have a long healthy, good quality life because of her and age management. Take the time to really look into this, you will not be sorry. For those that just want to grow old naturally, this is not for you but some of us want to go down swinging. Good luck all...

who did you use

I didn't know about this wonderful program, these folks are a God-send! How generous of them to help us old people get organized and take care of ourselves, with our brains being so scattered, we're hopeless on our own, really, let's just admit it. What a blessing...they can lead me to not only to become a physically healthier human being, but one who's also complete mentally and emotionally.

I would happily use any steroids or hormones that these fine folks recommend, they seem to sincerely have nothing but my health in mind. I put my faith in them to make the best senior life for me that I can possible have. :sentimental: Thank goodness some of their members are doctors, I have complete confidence that I will be given all the special drugs needed to turn my life around, these people are experts with prescription medications.

$4,000 is such a small price to pay to be taken under their wing and shown the 'right' way to do things. I'm sure any additional fees are a bargain, even if expensive, you know...you get what you pay for! You won't have to worry about dying from fat wallet disease anymore either...S..C..A..M..:greedy_dollars:

Do I detect the sarcastic ranting of an irritated senior person here? :tapfoot:

I notice none of the posters having happy results give their age in their profiles or, save one, almost any other information. All seem to be among our youngest posters. I am happy that they are getting some good results out of a very expensive program. I can see how it might be of some benefit. I am not in a position to judge. Ultimately, only time will tell.
The trouble with not going gently into that dark night, but yelling and screaming, is that its annoying to the rest of us, and you're going anyway. Personally, being in my eighties, I'm looking for a program to get me out of here. :wave:

Cenegenics.com

If you watch any television at all, chances are good that you've seen a Cenegenics commercial in the last few months. They've been on a massive advertising campaign to get new members into their program, and after checking out their site, downloading their brochure and doing some fact-checking I just wondered if anyone else had checked them out.

Basically they are an "aging management" business (not an "anti-aging" one, as has sometimes been claimed). Their goal is to provide concierge service to members through extensive medical testing, nutritional and exercise prescriptions and, most controversially, the administration of steroidal / hormonal compounds.

Their theory is that as we age we may make rudimentary attempts at maintaining health, but until now we've only gone about it in a slip-shod manner. They offer to take over the reigns and guide you through a regimen that they claim has proven successful in re-vitalizing their senior members.

This is only a "scratching-the-surface" attempt at explaining what they're all about, so if you're interested visit their website, download their brochure (PDF format) and decide for yourself.

One thing that is NOT mentioned anywhere is the price. My research turned up a few numbers: approx. $4,000 for the initial rounds of testing (for which you have to visit one of their centers for 2 or 3 days), followed by monthly maintenance costs (prescriptions, testing, etc.) of around $1,000-$1,500. It's not cheap, certainly, and it might explain why so many of their members are doctors, but what price health?

You would have to be totally senile to fall for that scam, imo!:mad:

I joined here today just because I googled Cenegenics and it brought me here. I'm about to turn 67 years young and wanted to look like those guys in the advertisement on TV. Been retired about 2 years, work out 3-4 times per week with resistance springs and dumbells. I only eat at home with all fresh foods. Walk my 2 large dogs daily (sometimes twice) 3-5 miles. My measurements are fine with 18" biceps, 13" forearms, 17" neck, 48" chest, 35" waist and 195 pounds at 5'11". But I cannot get a six pack because my back won't allow me to do the necessary exercises.
After reading about what is entailed by using Cenegenics I think that I'll continue eating the same foods, doing the same exercise program and be pleased as punch twice a year when my doctor says "Sporty, you are in excellent health". Appearance isn't everything and I've learned from my dead friends that good health is the most important thing that you can strive for.
So for all of the narcissistic people out there who want to look good in their old age I say forgetaboutit and concentrate on diet and exercise and stay away from the witch doctors.

Hi Sporty, welcome! Sounds like you're doing all the right things to stay healthy in your senior years, and nice your dogs are helping you get some walking in, I walk mine daily too.

Hi Sporty, welcome! Sounds like you're doing all the right things to stay healthy in your senior years, and nice your dogs are helping you get some walking in, I walk mine daily too.
Thanks. If I don't walk them I'm afraid that they will tear the place apart. 12 and 8 year old German Shepherd mixes trained to give kissies to my elderly neighbors.

Now that I know what Cenegenics is all about I think I'll check out the rest of the forums here.

Accept Getting Old and Age Gracefully

Sporty brought up the issue of the narcissistic people wanting to look good. Which leads to two questions/issues. Are good looks good health? And how much time and effort should be spent on one's appearance let alone health. I noticed in the bathroom of a kid re(kid is anyone younger than I at this point) and middle aged people with good functional health had almost 3 dozens bottles of soaps, lotions, shampoos, treatments etc. They are both fashionistas as well.

At what point does health, healthy appearance turn into vanity & narcissism. I guess there is no set time or amount one can place on appearance but if other parts of one's life is lack because of that time, money and effort spent on appearances isn't that a problem in itself.

Sporty brought up the issue of the narcissistic people wanting to look good. Which leads to two questions/issues. Are good looks good health? And how much time and effort should be spent on one's appearance let alone health. I noticed in the bathroom of a kid re(kid is anyone younger than I at this point) and middle aged people with good functional health had almost 3 dozens bottles of soaps, lotions, shampoos, treatments etc. They are both fashionistas as well.

At what point does health, healthy appearance turn into vanity & narcissism. I guess there is no set time or amount one can place on appearance but if other parts of one's life is lack because of that time, money and effort spent on appearances isn't that a problem in itself.
Good looks do not mean good physical health. Just as good health doesn't necessarily mean good looks. I miss having a six pack and when I saw those men on the Cenegenics advertisement I thought that if there was an exercise plan that could make my six pack return after being gone for 25 years I might try it.
But alas, it was another drug supplement program involving money for specious claims. I'm all natural and knew that Cenegenics weren't for me. If I can't make gains using diet and exercise then I will be satisfied being fit and healthy for as long as I can.

I'm more concerned with my health rather than looks, but I do spend 10 minutes per day shaving my head and sculpting my beard. :)

Good looks do not mean good physical health. Just as good health doesn't necessarily mean good looks. I miss having a six pack and when I saw those men on the Cenegenics advertisement I thought that if there was an exercise plan that could make my six pack return after being gone for 25 years I might try it.
But alas, it was another drug supplement program involving money for specious claims. I'm all natural and knew that Cenegenics weren't for me. If I can't make gains using diet and exercise then I will be satisfied being fit and healthy for as long as I can.

I'm more concerned with my health rather than looks, but I do spend 10 minutes per day shaving my head and sculpting my beard. :)

I joined Cenegenics for health reasons. I had failed all prior attempt to lose weight, change to healthy diet, etc.

My testosterone level was low, which is a common problem for people my age (67)

It was brought to the normal range, I gained more energy, and probably due to my following their diet plan which normalizes insulin levels, by body mass index went from very high to normal. My total body fat content improved tremendously. My inflammatory markers came down to normal and my arthritis symptoms vanished. My energy level is terrific. I work a 60 hrs work week including 2 evenings and due not get periods of fatigue. My bone density improved.

Cenegenics is way too expensive, in my opinion. But for me, it has been great. I feels so 20 years younger.

I have been on it for 2 1/2 years. It is possible that most of my success is from eating a healthy low carb diet and exercise. But for me, after a lifetime of failing diets, I have succeeded because of the Cenegenics program.

I attribute a lot to my Cenegenics physician. He has monitored my health progress closely.

I do not like the fact that they are now selling a lot of products online. I only like the program under the direction of the physician.

Newly Old

To All Who Wonder About Cenegenics,

I have been a patient of Cenegenics for the last eight (8) years. I am currently 64 years old. I will say that I look and feel better than all of my friends (except one that is also on the program) I agree that it is very expensive, but it is worth every single penny. No Doubt!! I have more vitality and energy than men 15 years younger than me. When I started the program at Cenegenics, a doctor friend of mine from Cleveland Clinic gave me a warning that there was no "science" supporting their theory of blood work analysis. I ask him to show me medical proof that it was dangerous from me to take. He had to admit that there was no such medical evidence or proof positive information other than the human growth hormone may cause my prostrate to grow faster.... and that was a theory. I made the decision to start with Cenegenics. It is now eight years later. I am living proof....LIVING PROOF, that this works. I have been an advocate for this type of program, and Cenegenics in particular for a number of years. I have been asked by nonbelievers to stop taking everything for 90 days to see if I would feel different and compare. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I am very happy with things just as they are. I will continue this program till the day I die.... which with the excellent group of doctors at Cenegenics, will be a long time. And if it is not a long time.... it will be a more fun time then I could have ever had without them.

I am 3 years on Cenegenics. 67 years old. I agree on your praises. Made a huge difference in health and energy. Went from fat to learn, tired to energetic, labs from abnormal to normal. Have posted details, including running Karyn my first year or two.

I still don;t understand why friends compliment my results, but none have joined. They all say they "need it," but they get older, stay overweight and tired.

I am visible proof. They agree. And do nothing.

When people see me for the first time in years, or learn my age, I no longer tell them it is due to Cenegenics. Why bother? I just say I guess I have good genetics.

Newly Old

Back