Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

@MarciKS I want you here and so do others! Maybe take your break if you feel you need to...but come on back and join the group again. If you have a problem with some here my best advice is to put them on "ignore". Take care and come back! 🌩🌤☀💜

First off I want to say thank you girls for helping me feel a little better.

@Ruthanne I'm so very sorry. I'm currently struggling with many things as I'm sure many of us are. But right now I'm being hit pretty hard with depression. It's pretty bad this time. Sometimes I feel like I'm stepping on toes because it seems like whenever I post a thread someone comes to inform me one has already been started. Not usually with the spirit of sharing. I'm sorry I overreacted. I'm actually quite fond of several people here. I'm just having very hard time right now. Thanks for making me feel loved despite that.

{{hugs to both of you}}

Another busy day on hand here. Things have picked up some in the cafeteria. For how long is anyone's guess. If things get bad this fall with the virus that may all change. So far we are still doing disposable everything. I can't imagine how over budget this is putting us. I will be surprised if they give us raises this year. I won't be getting any vacation or even a few days off other than days I requested for dr visits. Unless I call in sick which is a point and stays on my record till that date the following year. We're allowed 8 points. They will give us verbal warnings at 6. Some people get let go at 8. Others for some reason manage to hang on to their jobs and continue to call in all the time.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

For those of you who want to cut your own hair but are afraid to...this video is nice because she gradually fades it. It's not hard to do it's just a matter of learning the right techniques. I plan to attempt a longer version of this next time.

Well from what I've seen and heard I think despite the 500+ cases of COVID the city wants to up like all the way. The city bus is gonna run again and school that was only supposed to partially open is gonna go full steam ahead with all students 5 days a week against parents wishes. Apparently the city council can override what the public wants and needs. I won't be surprised if things get bad here pretty soon.

Regional news...
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Tyson Foods is planning to open medical clinics at several of its U.S. plants to improve the health of its workers and better protect them from the coronavirus.

The Springdale, Arkansas-based company, which processes about 20% of all beef, pork and chicken in the U.S., said its plan to open the clinics near its plants was in the works before the coronavirus struck this year, but that they will undoubtedly help the company respond to the pandemic.

Tyson said it would initially set up clinics near seven of its plants, including in Storm Lake, Iowa, and Holcomb, Kansas, in a pilot program. It didn’t announce the other locations Thursday. The clinics would open early next year, providing primary care to thousands of Tyson workers and their families.

Tyson is joining a long list of companies that have clinics on or near their worksites or bring in physicians to ensure employees receive annual physicals. Companies say having clinics can reduce health insurance costs by cutting out unnecessary emergency room visits and helping better manage chronic conditions such as diabetes and obesity. It can also improve productivity because employees don’t have to take as much time off for doctor’s appointments.

“Some of our frontline team members aren’t using their health plan benefits, and others don’t seek care until there’s a crisis,” said Johanna Söderström, Tyson’s chief human resources officer. “We want to change that by providing access to care that can help detect health conditions early and promote healthy habits.”

Although Tyson has broader goals for its clinics, Söderström said the pandemic reinforced how important this plan is. The clinics will help educate workers about the coronavirus and address underlying conditions that could make the virus more dangerous. Meatpacking plant workers have been particularly susceptible to the coronavirus because they often stand shoulder-to-shoulder carving up meat.

The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, which represents 24,000 of Tyson’s 120,000 U.S. workers, praised Tyson’s decision to open the clinics. Mark Lauritsen, who is head of the union’s food processing and meatpacking division, said other meat processors, including JBS and Cargill, have already established clinics at several of their large plants.

At least 17,700 meatpacking workers in the U.S. have been infected or exposed to the virus and 115 have died, the United Food and Commercial Workers said.

--
Many don't want to call in when they really need to because they're thoughts are that they need the money. They don't seem to understand that what they're doing could possibly get someone killed.

People are being shot on purpose or by stray bullets all over the place. What the hell is wrong with everyone that they need to shoot everybody now? That's their answer? They get mad and go shoot somebody? I'd like to know why those kind of people aren't in mental hospitals.

DETROIT (AP) — Korean automakers Hyundai and Kia are recalling over 591,000 vehicles in the U.S. to fix a brake fluid leak that could cause engine fires. The recalls cover more than 440,000 Kia Optima midsize sedans from 2013 through 2015 and Kia Sorento SUVs from 2014 and 2015.

Also covered are 151,000 Hyundai Santa Fe SUVs from 2013 to 2015. The affiliated automakers say brake fluid can leak inside a hydraulic control unit for the anti-lock brakes, possibly causing an electrical short that can lead to fires.

Kia’s recall will start Oct. 15, while Hyundai’s will start Oct. 23. Dealers for both companies will inspect the control units for leaks and replace them if needed at no cost to owners.

My God! This has to be the saddest thing I've seen so far...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cnn-report-eviction-crisis-coronavirus_n_5f510092c5b62b3add3d13e8

In Harris County alone, more than 200 eviction orders passed through the courts in just one recent week, double the number the county sees in a normal month, CNN reported.

Deputy Bennie Gant told the news outlet that “since the COVID-19 issue,” he’s seen a number of families where men and women are crying as he’s had to evict them.

At the end of this story is a link to the CNN video story.

I don't think I can get anymore bored. I'll be back another time. Not sure when at this point.

Anyone who thinks that COVID-19 is overhyped in Kansas, or that somehow the pandemic has passed us by, needs to look at four numbers.

The first is 42,612, which is the total number of total coronavirus cases confirmed in Kansas through Monday of this week. The second is 43,940, which is the total number of coronavirus cases confirmed in Kansas through Wednesday of this week. That’s 1,328 new cases diagnosed across the state in the space of two days.

Kansas is not in control...............
https://www.cjonline.com/opinion/20...hM0Jry7YGg0iX-b5g0ryEFWgSDHlrhwVUYMKTK_yn-O4U

Back