Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

We have 2 co-workers that whenever there's a shift they don't want to work, they call in. They always end up being shifts I do. And it's always on my day off. I get so tired of being called in because they "don't wanna", it would be different if they were actually sick. Since I was sick for 9 days I think I'm gonna let them deal with it the way we've been dealing with it for months due to being short of help. I need to rest because I'm scheduled for the entire weekend. I don't know why they don't replace these workers. Perhaps they don't have any applicants worth taking on. A lot of them don't survive training let alone much longer after training.

I am taking a break from Facebook today because I know what awaits me there. I'm not interested in working overtime this week after just being sick plus all the usual BS that comes with a FB acct. I am stepping away from the drama of it today.
Doing something I need to quiet my anxiety and allow my body to rest. I am not leaving them in need. This particular shift when short they close the grill after lunch and just serve a hot food line for supper. Which is actually better considering this whole virus thing. Less bodies. If I were leaving them completely without it would be different. Like when I'm in the back cooking, if there's no one to replace me, there's no one. The others won't answer their phones and come cover a shift. They usually have to swap us all around to different shifts to make it work. One day it was just me as evening cook, the morning cook and our lead. The lead and I covered 3 shifts between us that day. But we got-r-done.

None of the drs. seem to agree on anything where this virus is concerned. I think they're just tossing information out there willy nilly in an effort to try to keep us informed but, it's not helping.

Last edited:
Marci,
Those entire 2 posts, # 73 and #74 (little numbers on upper right corner of each post)
both of those made total sense to me, and you wrote them out very well....

I have just glanced at the 3rd/next one, you wrote after that, so far at this moment, because I am very exhausted. I will read it all, and the others, after that, next time.

Thanks for writing and expressing yourself, and for sharing it with us.
OH, that was a great surprise about your dad being a cheerleader.

Last edited:
~Smiles @ Kaila~

They just emailed us not long ago saying they have confirmation of community transmission so, it's out there...outside the house...living on things and people.
I wish hiding in my blankie would fix it like when we are kids.

We got some ice last night so I'm having to defrost the vehicle this morning so, I thought I'd pop in and wish everyone a good and safe day. They have cut out all patient visitors unless they are absolutely necessary at our facility. They allow needed vendors and staff. That's it. They have yet to close our cafeteria down and we are still passing trays to patients. Except isolation patients. I will be back later. Take care of yourselves.

I wish hiding in my blankie would fix it like when we are kids.

So well put. You have a good way of expressing things.

This morning I am reading some posts, in backwards order, instead of order that they were writteno_O
I am not sure why I am doing that, but I started to.....so I am. And that is the reason, just so you know, if I say something that doesn't make sense! :rolleyes::sneaky:

Btw, Marci, if you want me or anyone else, to get an alert, then don't leave a space between the symbol @ and their username.
In fact, it's best to type the @ and then just begin their username, and it pops up choices, and if you choose the one you intend, and click on it, then there cant be any error in typing or spelling that prevents the alert.

You are doing a lot of work, Marci, and it's important work,
so it is important for you to continue to take small moments to bolster yourself in every way possible.
Thank you for everything that you are doing.

You are helping others at work, and it helps them and yourself, for you to take as best care of yourself, too, as you are able to.

I am doing the cheerleader thing.;)
(I hope this line I tacked on, makes you laugh. :))

We got some ice last night so I'm having to defrost the vehicle this morning so, I thought I'd pop in and wish everyone a good and safe day. They have cut out all patient visitors unless they are absolutely necessary at our facility. They allow needed vendors and staff. That's it. They have yet to close our cafeteria down and we are still passing trays to patients. Except isolation patients. I will be back later. Take care of yourselves.
Please be careful....God Bless

well things are ramping up here. they just had their first positive transmission from the Walmart. we have 11 in isolation & we are expecting crap to hit the fan this weekend.
they made me take my mask off today so I feel incredibly vulnerable right now.
they said if the cdc makes everyone wear masks then they will be providing us with homemade ones the volunteers have made for us. that helps a little but, not enough. I was told I could request an accommodation and they would have to get with the chief doc in house and discuss it. so I asked our infection control lady to get that into motion. I can take leave but only until the fmla runs out. and unemployment has 6.6 million filed and they can't keep up. so, I have no choice but brace myself for whatever comes. I was told today that I was safer there than at Walmart or Dillons. i'm not sure about that. they said the mask was ineffective. but it's important they have them. that tells me they are important no matter what she says. if I don't comply, there's the chance I could lose my job. my job or my life. either way, it's not a great decision to be stuck with. feed myself and pay my bills or become homeless and starve. we are gonna need all hands on deck pretty soon. I want to be there to help, not sitting at home cowering in fear. however, my mind disagrees at the moment. it's sending out the alert to the rest of my body that we are in danger. my body wants to run but I have to stand there and be cool. my anxiety is like a tight rope walker right now with no net. we had to go through and close half the seating area off in the cafeteria tonight and pull the drink stations and all the self serve stuff like foods, napkins, plastic silverware that was loose, straws, styro cups, all regular dishes, not gonna be serving soup to the general public now till this is over.

after the day I've had, i'm having a mixed drink because I know I won't sleep tonight if I don't.

@Kaila I appreciate that and thanks for your words of encouragement. it is not the front lines but it is still important work. i'm glad i'm not on the front lines. especially now. our cafeteria is closed to everyone except staff right now. I was literally using @ as the word @ not @ the tag. LOL

I will try to update this over the weekend if anything gets ugly.
I am frightened but, I will be letting Satan know that I am covered by the blood of Jesus so he will have to go torment someone else today. I don't want to live in fear. It's just how it is right now. I want the devil to know I'm not in the mood to put up with it.

Have a great Saturday. See everyone later.

I have THE most wonderful news!! The CDC recommendation has fixed it so I can once again mask up. We have people making them for us so, I gotta get connected with someone who can make a few for me. I just cried when I got the email cuz I had prayed for this. I don't care what anyone says, I just feel it's too risky to be without a mask when you have comorbidities. I feel we should have the right to protect ourselves as much as possible if that's what we wanna do.
So thank you Jesus for the CDC ruling. A small weight off my shoulders now.
**A while back in another thread I got shot down for suggesting home made masks but, now I see everyone is reconsidering. Sometimes people have to realize that they are not always right. And when one person thinks it's not enough protection, another is grateful because it's better than nothing at all. I'm in the latter category. I would rather have A mask than no mask at all.

We have 747 cases...22 deaths as of today. More are coming in. There may not be any older people at all if this makes a 2nd sweep in the fall. Anyway, hope you're all staying safe and washing.

Last edited:
So, I got invited to a wedding in December. I'm not in the wedding party. I will be helping with the reception later. However, I have nothing decent to wear because well, I never usually get invited anywhere. I don't wear dresses. EVER! I'm looking for pant suits. What do you guys think of this one?
lfG9QIVKUS.jpg

Finding myself struggling tonight. I can't go see my parents or my brother and I don't know if I'll ever see them again. Most of my online friends are not online. Usually I don't have any trouble with isolation. But this business of being prisoners in our homes for who knows how long now, not being able to hug someone you care about, or being able to just have a normal life at this point is really starting to get to me.
They are talking about a 2nd outbreak of COVID in China and a boatload of carriers. If that's the case, we may never be free of this. I'm not sure I'm mentally strong enough to deal with this if it continues indefinitely. I guess we'll find out. If not, I don't know what will happen. I guess I'll just go crazy. I hope not but, what can a person do? Can't control everything. Sometimes you just gotta jump into the boat and go for a trip.

They are expecting an influx of COVID cases in the next week or 2 here. As things start to wind up, my level of fear rises with it. Are we all gonna get it? Will we survive it? Questions that go through my mind daily. I don't think they're doing everything they need to, to prepare for this. I think in their minds they have enough set up. I think they're gonna be in for a big shock. Keeping my anxiety at bay has been a real chore. It's on my mind 24/7 and no matter where you are or what you're doing there is a constant reminder. I feel very alone and afraid. Afraid for myself and everyone I know. Hospitals around the US are having to lay off staff or cut their wages 15%. Some places the nursing staff is leaving in the midst of it because they refuse to work without Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). I would leave and look for something else but, unemployment is wading through millions of applications and the only jobs left are in food delivery. For someone like myself anyway. I wanna run but there's no where to run to. Yes, on one hand I wanna be brave and fight the good fight. But the side of me that's in charge of preservation is constantly saying "oh hell no!" So there's my daily dilemma. And I'm just in food service. I can only imagine what the front liners are going through. I just don't wanna be fallout.

Back