Do you ever just need someone to talk to?

The only one I can trust completely who will not betray me is myself. It gets boring to just talk to I and myself though.

I also realized to find a trustworthy friend, I should be one to them; it's a two way street. The difficult part for me is throwing caution to the wind, show them my vulnerable side with high hopes they'll not pass judgments. In most instances, I am not looking for advice, I just want a listening ear. If that kind of friend comes along, that'll be a huge blessing.
You are absolutely right.. it's a two way street. It's pretty rare to find a trustworthy friend. You can have many friends but TRUE friends are rare. Things my friend and I shared with each other will go to our graves.

I find myself in this situation more and more these days. I just need someone to talk to, a sounding board if you will, no judging. Sometimes I just need to get things off my chest.

Anyone else in this predicament?
Often. And often times there's no one to reach out to that would even begin to understand.

My goodness....I cried for some that are alone here....I guess I can say I am lucky...I have a wonderful husband....
My son and daughter in law live 2 blocks from us...They both are always looking after us....Their daughter just bought
a home....She lives in the same town and and see her when she isn't working...She is a nurse..

My daughter keeps tabs on us...She is one hour away...But her and the family have been coming over this summer
to keep us company....My brother came to see us ...He lives in another part of the State.
I do talk to some of my friends....on the phone....

Be well, everyone....Keep the faith...

I find myself in this situation more and more these days. I just need someone to talk to, a sounding board if you will, no judging. Sometimes I just need to get things off my chest.

Are you on Facebook? It's a great place to get things off your chest. You just have to be prepared for disparaging comments.

I feel like I’m losing my relationship with my adult daughter and teenage granddaughter, even though we live right next door. A few years ago my health problems started limiting my ability to do normal household chores and cleaning. I asked my daughter if she could offer me a little help. I know she’s busy, as a single mom, but wasn’t asking for a lot. I now live in a hoarder house that is beyond caring for at all. They don’t want to talk about it, they don’t even want to acknowledge the reality. I can’t afford to pay anyone and refuse to have anyone to come to my home, even for needed for repairs.They never come to my house because it’s too disgusting for them but don’t have a problem with me living in these conditions. It is embarrassing and humiliating. I spoiled my daughter too much growing up. I’m still providing her a place to live. Her job doesn’t pay enough for her to live on. My granddaughter tells me I’m selfish and only care about myself. This coming from the person I love more than anything in the world. I considered suicide, but I don’t want to make my family feel guilty. So I decided that was not a option. I’m not qualified for a nursing home and would really prefer dying to that. I can only be thankful for my dogs and cats, who give me greatly needed love. I’m also thankful for the years that my girls and I had a loving, laugh- filled relationship. I have tryed to initiate a meaningful conversation but it never works out well. I am at the point now that I’m giving up and my destiny is to live and die in these circumstances. Never could I imagine that my life would be like this.
Oh lisabee
I feel like I’m losing my relationship with my adult daughter and teenage granddaughter, even though we live right next door. A few years ago my health problems started limiting my ability to do normal household chores and cleaning. I asked my daughter if she could offer me a little help. I know she’s busy, as a single mom, but wasn’t asking for a lot. I now live in a hoarder house that is beyond caring for at all. They don’t want to talk about it, they don’t even want to acknowledge the reality. I can’t afford to pay anyone and refuse to have anyone to come to my home, even for needed for repairs.They never come to my house because it’s too disgusting for them but don’t have a problem with me living in these conditions. It is embarrassing and humiliating. I spoiled my daughter too much growing up. I’m still providing her a place to live. Her job doesn’t pay enough for her to live on. My granddaughter tells me I’m selfish and only care about myself. This coming from the person I love more than anything in the world. I considered suicide, but I don’t want to make my family feel guilty. So I decided that was not a option. I’m not qualified for a nursing home and would really prefer dying to that. I can only be thankful for my dogs and cats, who give me greatly needed love. I’m also thankful for the years that my girls and I had a loving, laugh- filled relationship. I have tryed to initiate a meaningful conversation but it never works out well. I am at the point now that I’m giving up and my destiny is to live and die in these circumstances. Never could I imagine that my life would be like this.
oh Lissabee, I'm very sorry about your situation, mine situation of living alone and age 83 is hard for me to do a lot around the house but I get no help either, but I do the best I can,so frustrating tho a lot! Hang in there God has a plan for us all!😊

I've been cut off from my friends since 2014 when my husband decided he wanted to live in AZ instead of PA. I hate AZ with a passion (for more reasons than I can say on here!) and the place we live is nothing but unfriendly, backstabbing, gossips that have moved in from other places...mostly CA. We are a retirement "community" but if you're not in their clique, you're excluded. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life here and having no one to share interests with. I left them all in PA :(

I've been cut off from my friends since 2014 when my husband decided he wanted to live in AZ instead of PA. I hate AZ with a passion (for more reasons than I can say on here!) and the place we live is nothing but unfriendly, backstabbing, gossips that have moved in from other places...mostly CA. We are a retirement "community" but if you're not in their clique, you're excluded. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life here and having no one to share interests with. I left them all in PA :(
You sound desperately unhappy with a lot of anger in your heart. I'm sorry. And I'm sorry you still hate AZ after all these years. Have you shared your feelings with your hubby?

yes...these days im dealing with alot of life changes/issues..not really anyone to just sit...have coffee...and be able to tske some of it out...i do understand

Most of us have one or two best friends throughout our lives with whom we can share anything and everything. I am not speaking of spouses, that's a different kettle of fish. My husband was indeed my very best friend in the entire universe, but in the everyday scheme of things, there were some topics that simply were not of interest to us as a couple. However, we can often find those rare individuals who can honor a confidence and sadly my two best friends have passed on and also my husband. My son and I are fairly close but now that I am dealing with a serious health issue, I am more closed mouth and I know he is angry to have to face this once again so soon. He lost his wife a little over 2 years ago and now it's just us. We've no other relatives to speak of and this frightens him no end. I've told him to confide his feelings to our Priest who is also a family friend and who has gone through a lot in his lifetime to date. It's good to get it off your chest, as the saying goes.

Funny we are talking about this subject. Today I got an "out of the blue" phone call from an old friend I've not
talked to in years. Long story, but had a great conversation with him and he'll probably call back. Has had a lot
of physical challenges.

I like to have others talk to me, and am told I'm a very good listener...even though I do talk a lot sometimes, also.

We all need someone to talk to that really does care, I think.

Like the writer said " I write so I know I'm not alone".

Sometimes nice to talk just for "grins", too.

Back