Do you have your house in order?

I never married so there is noone to bury me! So I have arranged and payed for my cremation. The burial place will be taken care of by local veterans organizations (you have to let other people help). As to the house? well I rent so there is nothing to do their. and since I have no heirs there is nothing I have nor any one to leave anything to!
Heh, kinda similar here. I do have a will but I don’t like it. I have a house and a lot of other stuff but I have no kids and no idea how to dispose of everything. Plus I really don’t care.

Some funerals we have been to are incredibly over the top productions with videos, photos, speakers etc, with a price tag to match so we have opted for a 'no service' funeral that seems to be catching on. From one of the ads

In Sydney, our direction cremation service costs $1,899 and includes:

• transfer of your loved one into our care (24/7)
  • private cremation at Macarthur Grange Crematorium
  • all required paperwork and registrations
  • ashes returned to your family
What do you think of this idea?

Oh...I thought you were commenting on my housekeeping. In that respect, I would have to say no. I really need to get myself moving and organize this house, even the cat is annoyed by the clutter.
I had the same thought. My house won't be in order until I sort out the pantry cupboard, chucking out all the jars etc that i never use and will never use. Then I will declutter the kitchen benches by finding everything space in the decluttered pantry. Does that make any sense or am I the only one this disorganised.

However after I am dead, and even before, my family will benefit from our organised paperwork.
A set of colour coded folders with important documents and paper work for

Wills.... tick
Power of Attorney... tick
Medical guardianship... tick
Copy of deed to our property... tick
Funeral plan arranged and paid for... tick
Health records for each of us... tick
Details of banking, household expenses, investments... tick.
Important certificates... tick

Anything else I will trust to the family to make wise decisions on my behalf.
I don't want to tie their hands behind their backs because inevitably circumstances change.

Working on it now.
Updating Wills. No more personal debt (some lingering liable Business debt). Haven't had conversation with our kids, our daughter gives us a hard time whenever it's brought up.

Back