Does anyone else feel something is missing when it comes to Covid/Covid Vaccine??

That;s above my pay grade, I imagine if there were drugs that would keep people out of the hospital, they would be giving them out. Right now the drug we have to settle for is the vaccines.
Above my pay grade as well...however, I choose not to settle..too many unanswered questions. Even the doctors and hospitals are puzzled. Moderna, Pfizer, J&J are all in a "waiting to see phase"...JMO. Hopefully between the 3, one will show results.

The guidelines for coronavirus safety are just common sense, wash hands, wear mask, stay distanced in order not to spread the virus. No big secret conspiracy out there, they tell us the information they have at the time. That may continue to change as everyone learns more, and vaccine results are observed.
Again, I agree to disagree. There are those that has followed the guidelines and end up with the Virus. I do agree, this is a learning phase for doctors and hospitals. As the general public.. we can only go on what is reported and pray its legit information.

Whether we are comfortable with it or not, we have to keep washing our hands, practice social distancing, wear our masks, and get the vaccine.

It's better than going through what we could go through if we get the virus.....IF we live through getting it. And my conscience just couldn't handle even thinking that someone might get it because I was careless or remiss in doing everything I could do to help stop it. We are never going to get rid of this until we all step up and get vaccinated.

And, we have to be prepared for the variants of this virus. We will probably have to keep getting vaccinated just as we do for the yearly flu out break.
You are doing a lot of assuming. Who is "We?" I have several friends, ranging from ages 60 to 87 who stopped getting flu shots after being bedridden for a week after each one. A friend who is 64 doesn't get flu shots on the advice of his doctor who previously suggested them due to his preexisting conditions (a common selling point). He was hospitalized with breathing problems for two weeks after his last flu shot.
My sister got flu shots on the advice of her doctor - but stopped after being sick in bed for a week with the flu after each shot.
I've never had a flu shot, & only had the flu once 38 years ago.
As with the Covid vaccine, I tell everyone "If you're confident in the vaccine, go for it." Funny how people who get the vaccine (Covid or Flu) often gain confidence by trying to convince others to make the same decision they make. But most people who don't get the vaccine live & let live.

Last edited:
Of course there are huge gaps in out knowledge, but one thing is clear and that is that the number of people dying from Covid-19.
You can refuse to believe that if you want. You can be the most cynical non-believer in the graveyard if you so choose.

Vaccines are only one weapon in our armoury, but they seem to be proving their worth. As time goes on, I'm sure they will be improved and side effects lessened. New medicines and treatments will doubtless come along too.
Until then, if I was drowning and someone threw me a lifeline, I'd grab it .
For me, it depends on how safe the lifeline is. Hopefully new effective medicines will come along.

I think some people are trying to point out the reality that the vaccine is not the panacea some others think it is. What is hoped by professionals is that it will blunt or, at best, defang the virus. No other flu vaccine has succeeded in eradicating any particular type of influenza and you shouldn't expect this to be any different. We hope it will be, but don't expect it. Also, basic tenets of our individual liberty suggest that each individual reserves the right to dictate what is or is not shot into his or her body. Disagree with that tenet and promote the opposite at your peril. Study your history and you might get the idea that some folks are looking more and more like Nazi Germany every day (e.g., forced vaccinations, travel papers and societal type restrictions, etc.

Personally, I an mot afraid of people who aren't vaccinated and don't wear a mask. The thought of being otherwise reminds me of bad times past.
Something I've noticed about wearing masks. I go for daily walks in a park. I've been going there for several months. When I started going there, almost everyone wore a mask. I've been seeing more & more unmasked people over the past few weeks. Today, maybe half were wearing masks.

You are doing a lot of assuming. Who is "We?" I have several friends, ranging from ages 60 to 87 who stopped getting flu shots after being bedridden for a week after each one. A friend who is 64 doesn't get flu shots on the advice of his doctor who previously suggested them due to his preexisting conditions (a common selling point). He was hospitalized with breathing problems for two weeks after his last flu shot.
My sister got flu shots on the advice of her doctor - but stopped after being sick in bed for a week with the flu after each shot.
As with the Covid vaccine, I tell everyone "If you're confident in the vaccine, go for it." Funny how people who get the vaccine (Covid or Flu) often gain confidence by trying to convince others make the same decision they make. But most people who don't get the vaccine live & let live.
I had a bad reaction to the flu shot as well...that
i have never believed what they were spouting. Why are so many Dr and Nurses NOT getting a shot?
What we have is something man made, released or maybe loose by accident. We may never know.
there it is... :devilish: :coffee:
I soooooooo Agree!!!

As with the Covid vaccine, I tell everyone "If you're confident in the vaccine, go for it." Funny how people who get the vaccine (Covid or Flu) often gain confidence by trying to convince others to make the same decision they make. But most people who don't get the vaccine live & let live.
I would rather err on the side of caution than just sit back while others, who believe they are playing it safe, not only end up with Covid themselves, but spread it to others.
You are right. Everyone should follow their conscience. It's their life, it's their personal opinion.

Where I live there is a huge overkill in terms of all the disinfectants available on the shelves everywhere you look to the point they may have to give the stuff away. With that in mind one of the so-called authorities on COVID said this week now there is no need to be concerned with getting the virus by touching as it is strictly airborne. Haven't we been told since day one to be concerned with touching things during flu seasons? It has been over a year now and we seem to know nothing in spite of giving the green light for several vaccines. My head hurts from shaking.

Where I live there is a huge overkill in terms of all the disinfectants available on the shelves everywhere you look to the point they may have to give the stuff away. With that in mind one of the so-called authorities on COVID said this week now there is no need to be concerned with getting the virus by touching as it is strictly airborne. Haven't we been told since day one to be concerned with touching things during flu seasons? It has been over a year now and we seem to know nothing in spite of giving the green light for several vaccines. My head hurts from shaking.
"Haven't we been told since day one to be concerned with touching things during flu seasons?"

There was very little flu this flu season.. why? Because everyone was sanitizing, wearing masks, not touching face.

I will continue to santize..👍

@fmdog44, scientists told us what to do based on what they thought was true at the time, which was that it could be contracted by surface contact. They are refining recommendations as data comes in. That's how science works.

As Maya Angelou said, "I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better."

In any case, what harm was done by sanitizing surfaces?

"Haven't we been told since day one to be concerned with touching things during flu seasons?"

There was very little flu this flu season.. why? Because everyone was sanitizing, wearing masks, not touching face.

@fmdog44, scientists told us what to do based on what they thought was true at the time, which was that it could be contracted by surface contact. They are refining recommendations as data comes in. That's how science works.

As Maya Angelou said, "I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better."

Remember all those studies done where they "proved" the virus stays on X surface X amount of hours, on X surface X amount of days?

So how is it possible that now the virus suddenly no longer stays on surfaces so now there is no threat?

Remember all those studies done where they "proved" the virus stays on X surface X amount of hours, on X surface X amount of days?

So how is it possible that now the virus suddenly no longer stays on surfaces so now there is no threat?
Covid is likely still on the surfaces, but perhaps additional studies have determined that the amounts aren't sufficient to cause infection.

Covid is likely still on the surfaces, but perhaps additional studies have determined that the amounts aren't sufficient to cause infection.
That is what I have read. It is on surfaces but likely not enough to cause any issue. Colds are still transmitted on surfaces to hands and then to your face when you touch your face, so it is still good to sanitize.

To me, it always seemed like it was more likely to be transmitted through the air, and when I'd see these scenes of governments out sanitizing the sidewalks and floors with spray disinfectant, it just didn't seem like that was the most pragmatic way to prevent the spread of covid. And I'd see Fauci go on air and tell people to wash their hands and social distance but no mention of masks, it just didn't seem to be the right approach. I'd say to my wife, why the hell isn't he telling people to wear facemasks? Now he says he didn't recommend the wearing of facemasks because he didn't want their to be shortages, which is complexly illogical. People have made their own facemasks and businesses have started to create them, but only after they finally started telling people that wearing masks can help prevent the spread of covid. They screwed up.

That is what I have read. It is on surfaces but likely not enough to cause any issue. Colds are still transmitted on surfaces to hands and then to your face when you touch your face, so it is still good to sanitize.
Colds and the flu.
But now not Covid? Makes no sense. If I have the flu or a cold and sneeze on you, you'll likely catch it. If I scratch my itchy nose during a cold or having the flu and touch my grocery cart and you then have that cart, you can catch it.

So what makes Covid different now and not easily transmitted by touching an infected surface?

There was very little flu this season probably because a good bit of it was being classified as covid due to faulty test kits and the incentive/pressure to enter the covid fray.. The CDC was never very adept at counting flu cases accurately and revised its directives to allow influenze to be classified as covid. More regular flu didn't just go away.

Here is a doctor showing us how to protect ourselves and our loved ones from Covid: Such valuable information....LOL
And, Yes; he's a real doctor. I checked.

Regarding sanitizing: I used to get a bad sinus infection every spring. The last one took three different antibiotics to finally take care of it. I had to sleep sitting upright for over 3 weeks and really suffered through it.

After I recovered, I began to be more proactive in avoiding this happening again. One of the things I did, years before Covid, was to sanitize my hands when I went out. I used sanitizer before I got out of my car, and again when I got into my car. I haven't had a sinus infection since......knock on wood ;)

I don't know how long I will still wear a mask after we are told it's safe to go without. Long enough to wait and see what happens with the general public when they go without the mask. I do know that I will pay attention to what's going on and if I hear that something is going around, I will slap that mask back on. Remember I said that I tend to err on the side of caution.:D

My daughter-in-law is a nurse. She got the vaccine as soon as she could. I couldn't wait to get mine. Over the years I've had a burst appendix, pancreatitis, and a painful infection in my esophagus (a secondary infection I got because I didn't finish taking the antibiotic I was taking for bronchitis🥴- another lesson learned).
My point is, I've suffered enough. So, I'm doing all I can to avoid that virus and to avoid putting somone else through it.

There was very little flu this season probably because a good bit of it was being classified as covid due to faulty test kits and the incentive/pressure to enter the covid fray.. The CDC was never very adept at counting flu cases accurately and revised its directives to allow influenze to be classified as covid. More regular flu didn't just go away.
It was probably because of what we did to avoid Covid. Sanitizing, wearing masks, social distancing, and staying home more.

I know a lot of people are over the "Covid" talk.... so am I. However, I felt the need for this post. I truly feel there is a BIG piece of a puzzle missing when it comes to COVID and the Vaccine. I feel it in my gut. I am probably on the boat alone and that's ok. I feel one day, one day...truth will prevail. There will be more studies on the vaccine - such as which vaccine has the most side effects...which has already started, etc. and MUCH more.

Why don't they come up with some type of med to help people that has contacted the virus that end up in the hospital?? Taking the vaccine is like putting a bandage on your finger just in case you get a sore. If I get the virus and end up in the hospital do you have anything that can help me? As we know the vaccine does not mean you will not contact Covid.. WOW :oops::mad::rolleyes:
How about skipping polio and diphtheria vaccines and just treat folks after they've contracted these and other diseases? Sound like a good plan for the future?

How about skipping polio and diphtheria vaccines and just treat folks after they've contracted these and other diseases? Sound like a good plan for the future?

There is a big difference in former vaccines vs the Covid vaccines. All former vaccines went through years of studies before being deemed safe enough to use. So there is no comparison. :rolleyes:

Back