Felicity Huffman sentencing tomorrow

I wonder how many rich & famous are out there that also did this in the past? And how long did this go on? They've probably made it past the Statute of Limitations. That's so sad.

I wonder how many rich & famous are out there that also did this in the past? And how long did this go on? They've probably made it past the Statute of Limitations. That's so sad.
Duhh (not you Lara!) George W. Bush went to Harvard & Yale. You think he went on Merit? Anyway, Legacy Kids get first preference.

They are rich. Their children will be fine, whether going to a 2nd tier college, or none at all. With parents who are stars in the industry, there will always be some place for them. In the meantime, some kid who worked hard for admittance lost a chance to get in. It's theft.

Yes, this is the real crime. Felicity saying she just wanted her daughter to have a "fair' chance is BS. She was NOT trying to give her daughter a fair chance - she was trying to give her daughter yet another advantage.

Last edited:
Huffman seems truly contrite to me, and accepted her sentence without whining. Her daughter was apparently furious and devastated by her parents' lack of confidence in her abilities.

Not so for Lori Laughlin, her husband, and daughters. Their crimes were far more egregious and their their arrogance may cost them big-time. As it should.

For the record, I'd be scared sh!!less if I had to go to any level of jail or prison, even for 2 weeks. Martha Stewart describe it as a horrifying experience.

Last edited:
and $30,000 fine..

$30,000. Wow, that's sure gonna hurt.

https://thecelebscloset.com/felicity-huffman-married-husband-children-net-worth-earnings-assets/
In 2005, Felicity Huffman’ salary was around $260,000 per episode of the second season of television series, Desperate Housewives. Her salary got increased and reached $390,000 and later reached $400,000 per episode of Desperate Housewives in 2009 and 2010.

Similarly, she purchased an elegant family home at Sopris Mountain Ranch near Basalt, Colorado in 1997. The house speared up to 5,000 square foot.

Likewise, her husband, William H. Macy’ net worth is around $25 million and the combined net worth of the couple is $45 million.

She paid to have her daughters SAT scores altered to show she scored better than what she did. Did she think so little of her daughter, to do that, behind her back? That she wasn't smart enough to pass her SAT without helping her?

To me, it's a betrayal. She cheated on behalf of her daughter. I don't care how much money one has...let the child get through life on their own merits without cheating! They'll learn to study harder to achieve their goals.

I agree, but she was not charged with any of that. She was charged with the fraud charges I noted in an earlier post.

They are rich. Their children will be fine, whether going to a 2nd tier college, or none at all. With parents who are stars in the industry, there will always be some place for them. In the meantime, some kid who worked hard for admittance lost a chance to get in. It's theft.

How is it theft ? How did anyone lose a chance to get in ?

Small kids lose a chance to get in on the football/basketball teams. Why? because the larger kids have the advantage of being ..... larger. And making the team.

So here the wealthier kid has the advantage of being ..... wealthier . How is it any different. ? We all tend to use , whatever we have, to get what we want, to get to wherever we wish to go in life.

And speaking of basketball & football.....what does their scholastic ability have to do with them "getting in" ? And do you really believe that to even score a minimum they do not have scholastic coaches / proctors ?.........give me a break.

And again, college is no longer the last bastion of education. They have become a business plain & simple. And their product is this so-called education. Now if a parent is willing to pay $15,000 more for that product, how is that any different than paying more for any product ?

Do you think that the guy down at the Chevrolet store is going to say no,.... if you offer to pay $15,000 more for one of his cars?

I agree that the rich can buy what they want but IMO that does not include paying someone to change a kids test scores in order to give them an advantage.

IMO the only reason that Felicity Huffman and the others feel bad about what they've done is that they got caught and nothing more.

They bought their way into this mess and now they are buying their way out of it.

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”— C. S. Lewis

I agree that the rich can buy what they want but IMO that does not include paying someone to change a kids test scores in order to give them an advantage.

IMO the only reason that Felicity Huffman and the others feel bad about what they've done is that they got caught and nothing more.

They bought their way into this mess and now they are buying their way out of it.

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”— C. S. Lewis

"IMO the only reason that Felicity Huffman and the others feel bad about what they've done is that they got caught and nothing more. "

Agree here.......

"They bought their way into this mess and now they are buying their way out of it."

Here as well......But again, I compare to their advantage of wealth - v- an athlete's advantage of [usually] size. Again, we all use what we have.

One plays their way in.............the other pays their way in.

"IMO the only reason that Felicity Huffman and the others feel bad about what they've done is that they got caught and nothing more. "

Agree here.......

"They bought their way into this mess and now they are buying their way out of it."

Here as well......But again, I compare to their advantage of wealth - v- an athlete's advantage of [usually] size. Again, we all use what we have.

One plays their way in.............the other pays their way in.
Yes, I saw your post and I don't agree.

IMO if you want to buy your way into college or Heaven you do it the old fashioned way by donating a building or making an endowment but you don't hire someone to commit a crime by falsifying admissions test results or making up stories about your kids athletic ability, that's just stupid.

Yes, I saw your post and I don't agree.

IMO if you want to buy your way into college or Heaven you do it the old fashioned way by donating a building or making an endowment but you don't hire someone to commit a crime by falsifying admissions test results or making up stories about your kids athletic ability, that's just stupid.

In a way, isn't it all the same ? I mean a school IMO should be about education, scholastic ability or achievement . Not money in any fashion, or the ability to be good at a sport .

In a way, isn't it all the same ? I mean a school IMO should be about education, scholastic ability or achievement . Not money in any fashion, or the ability to be good at a sport .
I understand the point that you are trying to make but in this case, the people conspired with others to commit a crime in an effort to get their kids into a school. If the people walked in the front door and paid the school a fee to essentially take their kids off their hands I wouldn't have a problem with it. In this case which is a crime, the only ones that benefit are the criminals that alter the records. In my example, the money paid directly to the school would benefit the school and the people that attend. Life is not fair and being rich or paying for special treatment is not a crime even at Disneyland, the happiest place on earth, people can pay a fee that allows them to jump the lines for rides and get other forms of special treatment.

Last edited:
I understand the point that you are trying to make but in this case, the people conspired with others to commit a crime in an effort to get their kids into a school. If the people walked in the front door and paid the school a fee to essentially take their kids off their hands I wouldn't have a problem with it. In this case which is a crime, the only ones that benefit are the criminals that alter the records. In my example, the money paid directly to the school would benefit the school and the people that attend. Life is not fair and being rich or paying for special treatment is not a crime even at Disneyland, the happiest place on earth, people can pay a fee that allows them to jump the lines for rides and get other forms of special treatment.

Well I guess we're at our impasse ?

I just think that some of this fueled by some sort of hatred , of the rich, that a percentage of Americans seem to carry ? There are rich & non rich, our worlds are not the same, never will be.

I was reading in today's Wall St.Journal about this case.The eldest daughter,Sophia is extremely upset by what her mom tried to do,not believing in her.Sophia told her mom'I don't know who you are anymore'.
I feel sorry for Sophia and her younger sister,Georgia to be humilated by the two most important people in their lives. I would hope they can move on somehow ,but I bet the rift between Sophia and her mom will take yrs to mend if at all

Double RR's 'Who gets the money?
Yea, who's pocket is the money going to find it's final resting place, that would be of interest.
$30,000.00 fine, mercy, carry my old bones to the jail house

Trade's post on the money these folk's gross:
Yea, judge really whacked her didn't he/she, huh?.

Last edited:
I think the biggest criminal here were the officials that took the bribes because they're the ones that actually took a spot from someone else by forcing in the likes of Huffman and others. Yes what she did was a crime and unethical but were not talking dangerous criminal mastermind here. This was a feel good prosecution and sentence to make a point.

Yes what she did was a crime and unethical but were not talking dangerous criminal mastermind here. This was a feel good prosecution and sentence to make a point.
Absolutely true. Our criminal justice system has more than one agenda. Sometimes jail time is meted out for reasons other than getting dangerous criminals off the street. Sentences being passed out in this scandal is a perfect example, and one that most Americans applaud.

What about the children that mummsy & daaaddy bribed their schools? Did they get kicked out of their schools? Will they have trouble getting in other schools? Will this ruin them for life? Should we send them money?😥

The wealthy, well-known or respected in their chosen field suffer more from loss of prestige and popularity than from a few days in jail or a fine. Those losses can last a lifetime and hugely affect future income.

The wealthy, well-known or respected in their chosen field suffer more from loss of prestige and popularity than from a few days in jail or a fine. Those losses can last a lifetime and hugely affect future income.
j
True. I read that both Felicity and her husband are being avoided like the plague. .Job opportunities and party invitations have dried up. Average folk like us aren't crying :cry: in our pillows about Felicity, but the big bucks earners get used to "living the good life" professionally and personally and they face a new reality.

Last edited:
I'll say it again.......she used what she had, to do the best she could for her kid. No different than most any parent........Or at least I hope so anyway.

I'll say it again.......she used what she had, to do the best she could for her kid. No different than most any parent........Or at least I hope so anyway.
So does the kid who robs a pack of cigarettes at the local 7-11. He uses his skill(?) and quickness to get what he wants to enjoy.

He and the rich bas###ds who stole spots from more qualified but poorer kids (with no connections) are no different. The only real difference is the kid at the 7-11 will most likely get a proportionally stiffer sentence.

Back