Guess it's only fair to ask, How do you feel about women over 60 with SHORT hair?

I strongly prefer short to medium hair length, over 55. Not long grey or white hair!
This is fashionable but is very unattractive to me. Makes them look much older, worse when it
covers the face.

I strongly prefer short to medium hair length, over 55. Not long grey or white hair!
This is fashionable but is very unattractive to me. Makes them look much older, worse when it
covers the face.
So you prefer all women over 55 to colour their hair and wear it short to medium length?

I think people should wear their hair in ways that suit their hair type, their willingness to care for it, their skillset, and their comfort. I wear my hair medium short because that's what works for me in these categories.

Speaking of hairstyles, THANK HEAVENS most men have embraced the shaved head look over that truly awful comb-over-the-bald-spot strategy. Ugh!

Yes, if the color looks natural to the skin. Not a large contrast. Every region may differ in styles.
I agree with you that white hair makes people look older, but I rather look older than use those toxic chemical dyes on my hair. I was an early grayer, had my first white hair at 15 like my grandma and mother. The minute I retired I stopped coloring my hair and would never color again.

JOKE = A middle school teacher was talking to her class about the first President Bush. Then she asked the class what they learned about him during class. One boy said that ''the president lived at home with his mother''. Barbara Bush was a non-nonsense woman and refused to color her hair and looked much older than her dark haired husband.

I had a friend who was very fond of her grandma and used to visit her often in windy Wilcox, Arizona. My friend, when she was like 8-10 or so, saw her grandma, who liked to wear her hair long and white, when it was windy and she thought her grandma looked like Moses. She never forgot that image. I can just picture it. LOL

First off, just what is wrong with looking "older"? One can be a grouchy old fart at 35 and no hair color is going to change that. And one can be a nice looking person at 70+ with beautiful silvery white hair. It's attitude and taking care of oneself overall so that not the only young looking thing about oneself is what is on top of one's head. And remember the saying about snow on the roof does not mean that's no fire in the furnace? Yeah, that one. 🙂

I think people should wear their hair in ways that suit their hair type, their willingness to care for it, their skillset, and their comfort. I wear my hair medium short because that's what works for me in these categories.

Speaking of hairstyles, THANK HEAVENS most men have embraced the shaved head look over that truly awful comb-over-the-bald-spot strategy. Ugh!
Exactly. Like anything else in life, you do what works for you as a unique individual and pay me heed to the nay sayers because in the end, we are the ones we need to like ourselves and the choices we make. Who really cares what others think, especially guys. They don’t have to care for our hair.

And YES thank goodness men started embracing the shaved head look instead of trying to hide the fact that they are losing they’re hair. As we can tell from Trump, those comb overs fool no one. 🥺

I agree with you that white hair makes people look older, but I rather look older than use those toxic chemical dyes on my hair. I was an early grayer, had my first white hair at 15 like my grandma and mother. The minute I retired I stopped coloring my hair and would never color again.

Absolutely! Silver grey hair instantly ages us but who cares. I’d rather embrace my natural colour than keep touching up my roots once a week in a colour that no longer suites me in order to fool myself and others. No thanks. I stopped colouring my hair over 4 years ago and have zero regrets.

I am a white haired 76 year old man, we would be an odd looking couple if my wife decided to dye her hair. I don't want to see her having to mess with all those chemicals. There is nothing wrong with being an attractive older couple who look their age. By the time you are in your 70's, it just looks unnatural. I like my wife's natural hair.

I am a white haired 76 year old man, we would be an odd looking couple if my wife decided to dye her hair. I don't want to see her having to mess with all those chemicals. There is nothing wrong with being an attractive older couple who look their age. By the time you are in your 70's, it just looks unnatural. I like my wife's natural hair.
Exactly. I find couples who both age naturally together, very attractive. They look like they are comfortable in their own skin and with each other and there’s nothing more attractive than that.
They look like they belong together with no external pretences.

I think it's fine to have whatever length hair you want at over 60. I also feel it's cool to have whatever color hair you like, too. I don't put any hard and fast rules on it. I am over 60 and color my hair. I don't like the drab color my hair has become and don't find it attractive. It's not a pretty silver or gray or even white. I was born with very light blonde hair and it was that way until well into my 30s. I liked that color a lot. Personally I prefer now to have my hair about shoulder length even though it's longer than that now. I'm going to get a trim.

It depends on their face shape and features. I would look HORRIBLE with short hair because of my round face. But some women can carry it off. IMO they should be very feminine with delicate features.

I can't post on this thread, I know nothing about the topic:
Some look good in long hair, some in short hair..
Those with long hair can get their hair cut and still look good.
I suppose exhibiting age in more important to the ladies.

I do have one opinion, don't care for bald headed women, especially those
that have hair, but have chosen to parade around bald.

It depends on their face shape and features. I would look HORRIBLE with short hair because of my round face. But some women can carry it off. IMO they should be very feminine with delicate features.
Always thought most older women wearing long hair looked like "mutton dressed as lamb" . Know that translates to the UK folks, lol

I am in my mid seventies and like my hair short. When I was in my 30's in the 70'sI had long hair and it looked good. It all depends on how the style is created and age is immaterial to me. I do not like to see older women with elaborate hairstyles and noticeable extensions.

Back