Harry and Meghan update

the Saxons as I know it come from a place in france called Saxony--
prince Philip parents where exiled from Greece when he was 3yrs old ..
he become prince of Greece and denmark !
hes mother ws born into royalty - she had schizophrenia and admitted to a asylum died age 62...
father died called Andrew in Monaco heart attck in 1944..

megan has given up her wish to become british citizen lol

He's his mother's son!

How do the papatazzi know which bush to hide behind? The same way as they got their "candid" shots of his mother.

They are briefed.
You've made several unflattering remarks about Diana, leading me to believe there may be some ugly feelings toward her on your side of the pond. You'll find very few who feel that way in the US. She was almost universally adored here, as are her sons.

Sadly, the public need people to focus their attention on. While they continue to show interest in this ex-royal trio, the photographers will continue to hide in bushes with their tele-photo lenses.
Just a thought though, that photographer with a camera could just as easily be a terrorist with a rifle!

We loved Diana too, off topic I know but the following was, in my opinion, one of the meanest acts, and says it all...

‘Princess Diana has been quietly removed from the prayers said for the royal family in the British Parliament before each day's business, a Sunday newspaper reported.
The move, described as "vindictive" by one member of Parliament, follows her divorce from Prince Charles, the heir to the throne, Aug. 28.The report said Queen Elizabeth approved the downgrading of Diana's status after talks with constitutional experts.
Until last week, the parliamentary prayer sought blessings and happiness for both the prince and princess. The text, reverting to the wording used before their marriage, now refers only to "Charles, Prince of Wales."
The Mail said the option of including "Diana, Princess of Wales" separately was rejected in favor of erasing her name completely’

I’m not up for an argument, we all have our own views but, I think Diana was treated very shabbily

I saw Diana as a mixed bag. Thrown into too much, too soon, too young without proper support from the Royal Family. But then according to her staff, she played the paparazzi ....called them for pap walks when it suited her. She came from a horrible family background and married very young into a royally dysfunctional family--pun intended--and those both contributed to her admitted psychiatric problems. She was neither all saint nor all sinner. She was deeply compassionate, but also deeply flawed.

We loved Diana too, off topic I know but the following was, in my opinion, one of the meanest acts, and says it all...

The Mail said the option of including "Diana, Princess of Wales" separately was rejected in favor of erasing her name completely’

I’m not up for an argument, we all have our own views but, I think Diana was treated very shabbily

And with time, Harry will be erased completely too ...sad

I think the overall reaction of the Royals to Meghan bespeaks a bit of latent racist bigotry.
I'm sure that is true, but Meghan also didn't help matters by being a rebel and flaunting and breaking many royal protocols. I'm also a rebel and like to do things MY WAY, but I would never want to live in a fishbowl like the royals do with every move of theirs visible to the world. Meghan should have never married Harry with her attitude. Unless she also married him so she could use the Royal Sussex name for her entrepreneurial ambitions. It's still being decided whether they can use that as a trademark.

Camilla was a married woman openly commiting adultery with a married man and is now supposedly an alcoholic. THAT is the kind of woman you admire! ! ! :( :mad:
You mean this Camilla?

iu

I read that Camilla followed in her great-grandmother's footsteps, being longtime mistress to a king or heir to the throne.

"Alice Frederica Keppel was a British society hostess and a long-time mistress of King Edward Vll. Through her younger daughter, Sonia Cubitt, Keppel is the great-grandmother of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, second wife of Charles, Prince of Wales".

Last edited:
Fortunately Diana's daughters-in-law are lovely women and don't try to upstage their husbands in the way that horrible woman did. Charles should never have married her.

If you're "Royalty", you're in the family business. His wife's in show business, but I'm not sure exactly what an out of work Royal Prince does for a living? Considering the only qualification for what you do, is just being born.
Meghan was an entrepreneur before she married, had her fingers into all kinds of money making schemes (not criticizing her here, I actually admire her for her ambition). She was planning to use the Sussex Royal as a name for doing lots of merchandising and there are rumors that Netflix wants to use her/them for some project. Harry does have experience as a helicopter pilot.

Thank you, Butterfly. You beat me to it. When Victoria married Albert this brought about the name. Are you going to disagree with this, Laurie!!!
Disagree with what exactly? I seem to have lost the thread of the argument!

I regard Albert as a Saxe Coburg Gotha, that is what I was taught in school
; and Philip, despite his Greek and Danish heritage, is a Battenberg, charged by his Uncle Louis with restoring the status of the Battenbergs in the Royal houses of Europe, where it had been somewhat eclipsed by Victoria's and Albert's descendants.

That is the history I have been taught. No doubt there are other versions, just as there are those who abhor Anne Boleyn and admire Mary Queen of Scors as a heroine!

I do not understand the breathless adoration that people display for the British Royals anymore than I understand why people are interested in, say, the Kardashians. They are mere mortals, like myself, except that they are born into privilege, and wealth, and have every advantage that comes along with that. Sometimes they do good things. Sometimes they do not. Royalty seems like an extremely outdated concept to me. Occasionally, I feel sorry for them, but I get over it quickly.

Back