How do you feel about men, over 60, with long hair?

You sure are super talented. That’s really good. I actually appreciate that you stepped outside of the stereotypical images. He seems very approachable in your impression of him.
Thank you. I painted it for my mom when she was in a nursing home. It comforted her. I wanted my version of Jesus to look like a really nice guy. I looked and looked for a model. The only picture I could find was this one of my husband before I met him. So I adapted that image. Phil for Jesus Painting 2.jpg

Thank you. I painted it for my mom when she was in a nursing home. It comforted her. I wanted my version of Jesus to look like a really nice guy. I looked and looked for a model. The only picture I could find was this one of my husband before I met him. So I adapted that image. View attachment 123353
My wife and I agree, that is definitely a good looking man and a good model for Jesus.

I have not had long hair since college, (60's), but I have very dark hair, long enough to comb and a mustache. When the covid 19 pandemic started and going to the grocery store was not all that easy, I was short refills for my razor. My wife's solution to the problem was," I think you should start a beard until this whole covid 19 issue is manageable." Well here we are, I set before you with a salt and pepper beard that I keep trimmed to no more that 3/8" long, long enough it lays down and doesn't look like a dandelion going to seed, and the wife wants no part of me shaving. I didn't see that one coming.

Since the pandemic, my husband did the opposite; he shaved his moustache and beard since they interfere too much with mask wearing. He says he can’t get a proper mask seal if he’s got a beard and moustache. He definitely looks better with a beard and moustache.

Just say it's the Jesus look and everyone will be cool with it.

the%2Bgentle%2Bchristbig.jpg

Back