How's your weather today?

It's in the low 50s (F), so it's beginning to feel like November now.

About 50f but breezy. Cloudy. Expecting high winds later this afternoon. Hoping we get home before ferries are cancelled.

I believe the appropriate word is dismal, or was that yesterday's weather? Well, however you would describe it, there are gray skies and cold temps with more rain on the way for this afternoon. Looking very much like November here in Massachusetts with most of the leaves now down on the ground

Very windy here, yesterday and this morning. We had steady winds of about 30MPH, with gusts probably reaching 60MPH. Earlier in the week, the forecast was calling for severe storms with the possibility of isolated tornadoes, but all the precipitation and severe weather went North of us. These winds did do a pretty good job of clearing most of the leaves off the trees, so cleaning up the yard will be a good outdoor project....if leaves had some commercial value, we'd be rich.
On balance, this has been a pretty mild start to Fall, with moderate above average temperatures, and only a couple of mornings with a little frost on the ground.

Not calm here any more. Made it home on the ferry from the airport. Mid 50's today and rain with winds gusting up to 70 mph. Waves were washing up over the seawall and across the road on our way home.

76º here and sunny. The birds are singing, the butterflies are flitting as well as the dragonflies.

The seagulls, crows, pigeons, bluejays, sparrows and hawks are all on the wing.

Couldn't ask for a nicer day.

High in the mid 40's. Snow on top of the mountains. On the way home on the bus we had heavy hail, rain, sunshine, and a very bright rainbow all within about 5 mins.

Like it always does before sun up the temp. has dropped a bit........we're now at 34 deg. and we've had our first frost of the season.

The older I get the more I hate to see winter arrive.

Here, we have gale force winds & rain, the tail end of "storm Abigail" which began in Scotland ( your neck of the woods Ameriscot):)

Aye. Northern Scotland is getting it today - schools all closed. Anyway, I thought England would like to share the gales.

8 degrees C, cold and very gusty and cloudy, expecting rain later. Looks a bit grim outside, trees are quite bare --- very November feeling. A good day to stay in with a nice book. I think I'll make some soup.

Calm, clear and 39 deg.

Much the same here today. Supposed to go south again tomorrow, though. I'll have to figure out when to take my Bonnie for her walk so we don't get rained on again. If she doesn't get her long walk, she spends the day acting offended. Fortunately, I have dog doors so I don't have to worry about taking her out first thing in the AM.

Back