I'm an ER Doctor and Have Bad News About COVID

A nurse is suing the hospital she worked at because she refused to do what a doctor instructed her to do:
A young man was brought into the ER with a fatal head injury from a motorcycle accident. He was kept on a ventilator so his organs could be donated if his family agreed to it. The doctor told the nurse to indicate Covid-19 on the death certificate as the cause of death. She refused & she was fired. I hope she collects big time.
Makes one wonder how often that happens.

Same thing told to me by my neighbor/nurse....accident victim listed as a covid death...Somehow this brings money to the hospital.

I saw news yesterday, someone from WHO said "normal" may not return until 2022....

where I live, people are jumping off a bridge to kill themselves.... one guy was on a bridge 20 hours before they talked him down.. week before a husband and wife jumped, one survived the other did not.

funny you don't hear the media telling these sort of stories about millions of people suffering that don't even have the virus... lost jobs, lost businesses, lost their homes or place to live, lost hope so they take their own lives. The mental damage this virus is causing on young people and seniors is more of a problem/threat than the physical disease itself...

I think it's a bad idea to keep everything shut down... it's doing more harm than good... if masks protect us (like we are told), it's time to open everything back up and have people wear their mask and keep 6 feet apart.

"where I live, people are jumping off a bridge to kill themselves."

Wow, where did this happen ?

BTW, I agree with you on the rest.......

funny you don't hear the media telling these sort of stories about millions of people suffering that don't even have the virus... lost jobs, lost businesses, lost their homes or place to live, lost hope so they take their own lives. The mental damage this virus is causing on young people and seniors is more of a problem/threat than the physical disease itself...
I've heard and read numerous stories of the devastating financial, emotional and physical toll this virus has taken on many. It's hitting people in the bottom 50% of the financial spectrum particularly hard.

Here you go. Link at the bottom of this post. Click, choose Comorbidities, click. Here's the paragraph at the top of the table:

Scroll down and look at the rows. 77,000 from pneumonia and influenza. About normal for those two diseases. Cerebrovascular disease? That's a brain issue. How about the poisoning one, does that belong under COVID deaths? What about the 88,000 listed under all other causes and conditions? You can't add them up because with with 2.6 per death, many deaths are counted in as many as three categories.

This is where the numbers that the news reports are coming from. They are at the very least misleading.

My son is obese and was very worried because the news keeps reporting that obesity is a leading contributor to COVID deaths. Look at the table. A total of 6,000 people have died with COVID and obesity, but that's not accurate either because there was an average of 1.6 other things wrong with those that died in this category. In his age group, it's 320 people. That's it, 320, across the nation, since this started. In any other time it wouldn't have even warranted a 1 minute report.

Here are some questions for you to consider. Not meant to be argumentative, but food for thought. Think about them carefully.

If masks work so well, why do doctors and nurses only wear them for surgery? When was the last time (during normal times) you went to the doctor and any of the staff wore a mask? Did they wear them during the exam? Except for a few rare reasons, like a bad case of tuberculosis. Personally, I have never had that happen. These people live around colds and flu all the time. If masks were the answer, why don't they all either die, spend their entire lives sick, or simply wear the mask?

Are funeral homes, cemeteries, churches, etc. overflowing or overloaded in your area? If we have an added 200,000 deaths from COVID, the math works out to an average of 800 people, per state, per month from April through August, the vast majority of these in heavily populated areas. Why aren't there problems in the funeral industry? Why aren't there casket shortages? Wouldn't the local news be reporting this? The CDC also keeps track of deaths state by state, year to year. As far as I can tell, we are still within the typical range. So, where are all of these extra deaths?

As for cases and infections, isn't that what we want? We're testing more than ever, wouldn't we expect the cases to go up? The more people who are infected means we're closer to herd immunity, which is exactly what we need.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/...dbTrmKwH1NdaBx6PpZo2kxotNwkUXlnbZXCwSRP2OmqsI
What are you talking about?

These virus deaths are additional deaths -to the normal flu and other seasonal stuff. And, YES, all the doctors and nurses and health people at the medical places in my area where both masks and face shields. I SEE them wearing PPE all the time.

We are no where near herd immunity-and there is no such thing. If there were herd immunity-why do we still catch colds?

I have no idea how you've come to any of your conclusions. How does reintroducing an old malady even work into this?

The smallpox suggestion was sarcasm, INDY. So were bubonic plague and diphtheria. I "suggested" that we reinvigorate those diseases to kill off more people before Covid gets a chance to get to them, just as you were suggesting that there are no "extra" deaths because people are also dying of other diseases. As Starsong pointed out, the statistics do show lots of extra deaths this year.

Facts are facts, even if they don't fit our preconceived ideas. And just on a common sense level, why would the entire world be in some sort of lockdown, with devastating impact on all the economies on earth, if it was really some kind of a hoax? For what purpose?

These virus deaths are additional deaths -to the normal flu and other seasonal stuff. And, YES, all the doctors and nurses and health people at the medical places in my area where both masks and face shields. I SEE them wearing PPE all the time.

We are no where near herd immunity-and there is no such thing. If there were herd immunity-why do we still catch colds?
:) 'Cuz we're not doing what doctors & other "experts" are telling us to do. Whatever they can't fix is always our fault. That includes colds, flu, arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart attacks, strokes and Covid. :)
Blaming us is how they remain the respectable, know-it-all professionals.
Much better than admitting they can't do much & can't cure anything.

Every Covid-19 diagnosis = big bill to Medicare.
Every use of ventilator = much bigger bill to Medicare.

So, what are you saying, Win? That the doctors are making up fake diagnoses so they can bill Medicare for a nonexistent illness? Or ordering ventilators when they are not really needed, just to collect their big payment from Medicare?

So, what are you saying, Win? That the doctors are making up fake diagnoses so they can bill Medicare for a nonexistent illness? Or ordering ventilators when they are not really needed, just to collect their big payment from Medicare?
Oh, perish the thought. They would NEVER do such a thing. That would be dishonest! :ROFLMAO:

I've heard and read numerous stories of the devastating financial, emotional and physical toll this virus has taken on many. It's hitting people in the bottom 50% of the financial spectrum particularly hard.

That's right. Most corporations have been bailed out along with salaried employees, but hourly employees are screwed. There has been so much abuse of the Payroll Protection Program, it's going to take a new industry to go after all the criminals. Here's one of the latest:

Giulianiā€™s Payroll Company Got a Paycheck Protection Loan But Lists No Employees
https://truthout.org/articles/giuli...check-protection-loan-but-lists-no-employees/

I saw news yesterday, someone from WHO said "normal" may not return until 2022....

where I live, people are jumping off a bridge to kill themselves.... one guy was on a bridge 20 hours before they talked him down.. week before a husband and wife jumped, one survived the other did not.

I think it's a bad idea to keep everything shut down... it's doing more harm than good... if masks protect us (like we are told), it's time to open everything back up and have people wear their mask and keep 6 feet apart.
And here's the worst part: Cuomo admitted on TV that if someone dies because they are afraid to go to the hospital and have their unrelated malady treated, or if they suffer a mental breakdown because of COVID, they are counting those as COVID deaths. Those are not COVID deaths, they are deaths caused by undue panic.

Every time you catch a cold it's anew strain. Once you've had a cold, you will never have that version of it again. Honest to God, this is common knowledge. How can anyone in this day and age not know that?

And no, they're not. Read and review the table.

And how many of those deaths weren't really from covid?? Hospital get more money from the government for covid deaths, than they do from Medicare. So if someone dies of a heart attack, and has a fever it is charged as covid. Even though they tested negative for Covid, and actually died from a massive heart attack.

Every time you catch a cold it's anew strain. Once you've had a cold, you will never have that version of it again. Honest to God, this is common knowledge. How can anyone in this day and age not know that?

And no, they're not. Read and review the table.
Oh, gee, everyone gets a new strain of a cold, šŸ˜‚

Any ā€œI believe the world is flatā€ people in this discussion? As we all know, pictures of a round world are fake, the human race never went to the moon, and there is no such thing as climate change.

I think those who donā€™t believe in the virus are free to go forth into the world without a mask at all times, eat at indoor restrautants, go to movie theaters, and other inside crowed spaces as much as they want. The faster such people die the safer it will be for the rest of us. Just MY opinion.

A nurse is suing the hospital she worked at because she refused to do what a doctor instructed her to do:
A young man was brought into the ER with a fatal head injury from a motorcycle accident. He was kept on a ventilator so his organs could be donated if his family agreed to it. The doctor told the nurse to indicate Covid-19 on the death certificate as the cause of death. She refused & she was fired. I hope she collects big time.
Is there a link to verify this story. To me is smells a bit like an urban myth.

I agree with questioning everything, but after that I usually believe someone. In the case of COVID-19, I believe the world's leading epidemiologists over the politicians.
This thread has run it's course and I don't wish to continue the debate, but please understand that he is the world's leading epidemiologist because we've been told he is the world's leading epidemiologist. There are many other leaders in the field that disagree with him.

I looked this one up in Snopes, and it says Outdated. So it's not only an urban myth, it's an old one. Nothing at all about the nurse suing the hospital. Apparently someone came up with the highly dubious story to begin with, and then it was embellished.

Surprised you fell for this one, Win. It practically screams, "Fake story!" at you.

This thread has run it's course and I don't wish to continue the debate, but please understand that he is the world's leading epidemiologist because we've been told he is the world's leading epidemiologist. There are many other leaders in the field that disagree with him.
Please don't appoint yourself the arbiter of when a thread has run its course.

If you're done with the discussion it's ok to just stop posting. No announcements or pronouncements necessary.

Back