Interesting & Happy Morning!

Funny, but is this all we have to do in this thread is argue????? Wife and I don't have to prove a thing to any of you. Just how many times does that have to be said??? I like posting photos to family and friends, not necessarily to folks I don't know.
There are no named pics of me on the Internet, in fact, no pics, named or not. This is on purpose. I did do a dumb thing about 6+ years ago, when I was interviewed by local news about a store that just opened in my neighborhood, and I did give my name. I saw it on TV, and was able to view it online for awhile. Big mistake on my part. People called me to say they saw it. Yuck.

I have a friend who guards her name/face very carefully. Very carefully. But............every year on the anniversary of John Lennon's death one can spot her quite clearly on the news from old pics that were taken The Day Of, in front of the Dakota. We all make fun of her for that slip up 😆

Unbelievable how this thread just keeps going on and on and------ How many more "I'm a REAL COWBOY" posts must there be before Matrix ends this boring nonsense? I've heard of one trick ponies, before, but this is beating the proverbial dead horse not only into the ground, but wayyyyyy below it! My last post, in this thread, for sure!

Pretty pics, I can see you weren't very old there keesha...:) do you miss riding now?
Wow! Meeeow! 😬
Yes these pictures aren’t current. I wasn’t asked for the latest pictures of me riding. Cody wanted to know if I could handle a horse and these are currently the only ones I could find. I’ve got more recent pictures of me riding somewhere but thanks all the same for the backhanded compliment.

It wasn’t meant as a one upmanship.

Wow! Meeeow! 😬
Yes these pictures aren’t current. I wasn’t asked for the latest pictures of me riding. Cody wanted to know if I could handle a horse and these are currently the only ones I could find. I’ve got more recent pictures of me riding somewhere but thanks all the same for the backhanded compliment.

It wasn’t meant as a one upmanship.
OMG!!! what's got into you ?..why do you have to always read into things that are not there?..> I was on your side...... why the catty remark, I simply asked if you missed riding since you were younger,... jeez...!!:rolleyes:

Unbelievable how this thread just keeps going on and on and------ How many more "I'm a REAL COWBOY" posts must there be before Matrix ends this boring nonsense? I've heard of one trick ponies, before, but this is beating the proverbial dead horse not only into the ground, but wayyyyyy below it! My last post, in this thread, for sure!
I agree, I'm just not going to reply to this nonsense any more, talk about beat a dead horse... smh !!

I wish I had pictures of the 2 times I was on a horse. One time as when we were visiting my Uncle and he had horses and I sat on one. Another time my B.I.L's sister had a neighbor who raised Clydesdale's and I sat on one,but I never rode either one of them,but I thought they were Beautiful.
Clydesdales are such big and beautiful horses... I have a couple of pictures of shire horses , that belonged to the Queen, and when they were retired they were stabled near my house....

shire-horses.jpg

I'm surrounded here by farms and horses.....

this is me a few months ago ... with one of my neighbours horses..

DSCF78911-crop.jpg

..and my aforesaid neighbour at feeding time...

horsessept2019.jpg

Just like I just told Holly...…...I'm done!
It was a joke. According to you, there’s a certain type of cowboy hat that real cowboys wear and you have the real thing. Mine wasn’t. According to you, there is a certain type of rope that cowboys use and you have the real stuff. Mine clearly wasn’t and I now regret posting in this thread. Not that I’m trying to be a cowboy.

Holly, there is no rule in SF that says I must show photos. Actually, my wife told me, "you don't have to prove anything to them!"

And yet you expect everyone else to prove something to you -- like your questioning of that roper you talked about above -- it's like you are trying to catch everyone in a lie so you can feel like you are somehow better than they are.

Clydesdales are such big and beautiful horses... I have a couple of pictures of shire horses , that belonged to the Queen, and when they were retired they were stabled near my house....

shire-horses.jpg

I'm surrounded here by farms and horses.....

this is me a few months ago ... with one of my neighbours horses..

DSCF78911-crop.jpg

..and my aforesaid neighbour at feeding time...

horsessept2019.jpg

They are Beautiful. I wish I had my pictures. I couldn't believe how large the Clydesdales horses are and I really couldn't believe I was sitting on one.

We visited the Budweiser Grant's Farm outside of St Louis where they keep some Clydesdale horses.

Beautiful animals!!
clydesdales-st-louis-grants-farm592hs71910.jpg

True "gentle giants". When they go by, the sense of power is overwhelming, but they are so sure-footed and have such sweet faces.

There was an article years ago in, I think, National Geographic about how shire horses were the ones used in the Crusades. The paintings show the Crusaders prancing around on thoroughbreds, but they would have never held up on the journey. Instead, they rode shires. The man in the article followed the path of one of the Crusades through Europe, riding a shire. As they rode through the small towns, the locals would turn out, not to see him but to admire and pet the horse.

It was a joke. According to you, there’s a certain type of cowboy hat that real cowboys wear and you have the real thing. Mine wasn’t. According to you, there is a certain type of rope that cowboys use and you have the real stuff. Mine clearly wasn’t and I now regret posting in this thread. Not that I’m trying to be a cowboy.
Keesha, I think you are dealing with a "Drugstore Cowboy" here, or as my relatives in Central Texas would say "Big Hat, no Cattle."

Keesha, I think you are dealing with a "Drugstore Cowboy" here, or as my relatives in Central Texas would say "Big Hat, no Cattle."

"Drugstore Cowboy"??? Dude, I had a membership with the largest rodeo association in the U.S.. Went to a very well known Roping School in So California. I happen to know a couple of retired World Champion Team Ropers that no longer rope or have cattle. The now break/train horses for people.

Look up Resistol hats in your internet Search area. Both rodeo and ranch cowboys wear them. There are Team Ropers and Tie-Down Ropers that use Classic Ropes or another brand from NRS World or go to nearest Tack Store. A "ranch" type rope is not what they use, so yes, it is a specific type of rope. Like what I used.

Keesha, don't post anymore then!

Last edited:
After reading some of these posts, absolutely nobody made anyone reply to this thread. This was your choice!

Why hasn't the Administrator closed this thread, ask them.

CR, everyone needs to be a 'hit' occasionally. It's good for our mental well being and I'm glad it brightened your Saturday morning.

If it put a spark in your day and maybe the day of those around you, that's a good thing. Your description of how and why it happened was interesting and = in my mind= the perfect thing to casually share with friends. Good on you.

CR, everyone needs to be a 'hit' occasionally. It's good for our mental well being and I'm glad it brightened your Saturday morning.

If it put a spark in your day and maybe the day of those around you, that's a good thing. Your description of how and why it happened was interesting and = in my mind= the perfect thing to casually share with friends. Good on you.

Thank You! But, to much "blistering" for this guy.

It's really time for me to quit this thread. Heck, I'm really thinking of taking another rest from the forum. Good idea, hugh?

Not so. You're tough. Don't let the bast@rds get you down. You're made of better stuff and you know it. Maybe someone else was having a bad day and were envious because you had a good one. Not your problem. Don't let anyone else make it so
Really? Bastards?? :cautious: Nice.

Bulletin: I seriously doubt that anyone who responded was "envious" in the least.

Back