Is the stock market slide over?

rgp

Why would a split be nice?

Oops....Sorry for the long delay in replying....

I just remember the last split, and if I recall correctly, after the split, it rose in value fairly quickly ....... More $$

I do realize investing has changed but, if an individual sees the lower cost per share @ the split. It might promote better sales of the shares. Raising the value. I do realize it all levels out @ some point, but it might create a brief boost..............jmo

mathjak107

I just remember the last split, and if I recall correctly, after the split, it rose in value fairly quickly ....... More $$

I do realize investing has changed but, if an individual sees the lower cost per share @ the split. It might promote better sales of the shares. Raising the value. I do realize it all levels out @ some point, but it might create a brief boost..............jmo
for years now splits have largely stopped as they end up adding little value to markets where 80% of all the daily trades are high frequency trading by pros .

through the years splits became less and less popular .

rgp

for years now splits have largely stopped as they end up adding little value to markets where 80% of all the daily trades are high frequency trading by pros .

through the years splits became less and less popular .
Yeah, you're right.....like I said, I realize that things have changed ...... I think i just had a flash-back to the good'ol days .........

I'm just glad P&G has stayed healthy .

garyt1957

Yea a split may have a momentary rise but it's not going to make a difference over the long haul. As for individuals buying shares, as I posted earlier they're not even a blip on the radar compared to institutional buying.

mathjak107

Yea a split may have a momentary rise but it's not going to make a difference over the long haul. As for individuals buying shares, as I posted earlier they're not even a blip on the radar compared to institutional buying.
most small investors do not buy individual stocks either , they buy funds and etf's .

the price of the stocks contained are irrelevant to most small investors