Not Hungry Until I Eat

When I first wake up, I am usually not hungry. Many days I don't even eat breakfast. By the time lunch rolls around I do eat, then it's as if my stomach finally wakes up and then becomes insatiable. Why could this be happening?

gennie

I never wake up hungry but take meds that cannot be taken on empty stomach and they work best when taken with some regularity. With age we lose many options.

fmdog44

Everyone is different. I am like the OP but I have days when hunger gets serious after an hour of waking. I pay it no mind. I eat when I am hungry. My bad habit is snaking. It's an old family tradition.

Aunt Bea

SF VIP
Maybe it's time to break out the celery sticks! ;)

I tend to graze unless I find something to do that takes my mind off of food.

I also find that if I actively cook/prepare a meal I'm more satisfied than if I eat something quick. It seems like the process of seeing and working with food provides some sort of satisfaction that dulls my appetite.

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I'm not hungry in the morning either and it sometimes gets to the point where I feel so hungry in my stomach and then I have to eat something. So, I do better when I eat regular meals even when I'm not hungry. It still is satisfying.

IrisSenior

When I get up in the morning, I haven't eaten a meal since 5 p.m the day before. I do have tea and 2 biscuits at 6:30 p.m. Your body needs fuel to keep going during the day so breakfast could be just a piece of toast or yogurt at about 8 a.m. Frequent small meals (snacking) during the day would be good for someone who can't eat a big meal all at once. It I wait too long to eat, I would eat everything in sight.

rgp

I too notice that I get "hungrier" sometimes just as i start too eat.....I believe it is our sense of smell, that actually starts the whole digestive process in motion....so it kind of makes sense .

fmdog44

Everyone is different. I am like the OP but I have days when hunger gets serious after an hour of waking. I pay it no mind. I eat when I am hungry. My bad habit is snaking. It's an old family tradition.
So much for Spellcheck. I meant snacking.................................(on snakes)🐍

Gaer

Debodun: The same. Not hungry until late afternoon. I have a swig of Cod liver oil in the morning. Take a vitamin D gummy and don't even think about food. If I were living with a man ,I'd be cooking 3 meals a day but alone, i might eat one little meal.
I like to fast also. 2 or 3 days a week from time to time. Just makes me feel good!

Sassycakes

As soon as I wake up in the morning I have pills to take so I have to eat something. Usually toast and coffee.