Not that anyone is asking

Boy, that's the truth. And Tara's pretty good - she manipulated CPS into returning her poor kids to an abusive, neglectful, drunken, chaotic home. Twice. She also convinced her caseworker that I didn't like her (Tara), that I judged her wrongly, that I was a chronic liar with a personal vendetta, and, like everyone else, I was victimizing her. Oh man, they love playing that victim card.

I've dated that kind of woman. They're absolutely exhausting. They literally ruin people.
The thing is, these people are so good at their game...they've got a lot of people bamboozled.
Def. agree w/everything you've said. ie: playing the victim, blaming others and trying to turn everyone against you.

I'm so over them...

I have to stop, or I could go on and on and on...🥳

I remembered the date and came here expecting to see excitement about the visit... and then this. If my anger and disappointment is one thousandth what Murrmurr is feeling ... I just can't be sorry enough.
Jackie, Paxton's g-ma, called. She said that Tara, Paxton's mom, said she's "sure" she will get a weekend pass from the mission-house (where she and the kids live) to go to this concert.

Which means Meesh and I WILL have Pax and the twins this weekend‼️

But this is how Jackie put it - "Just assume I'll be dropping them off this evening around 7, and then picking them up on Sunday evening, and if anything changes I'll let you know ASAP."

But she said that after about the 10th time I called her over the past 2 weeks, so maybe she's just shutting me up.

Whatever the case, Meesh is taking off work early today and skipping one of her evening classes so we can get all the beds set up, get more groceries, and put the knives and meds away and all that stuff.

So, we're just gonna get ready to party and keep our fingers crossed that Jackie won't drop a last-minute bombshell on it.

😁🙃🥳🤩🕺👨‍👩‍👧‍👦+👶‼️‼️

Tara text me. It's official.

Tara will drop the kids off with me tomorrow morning, and Jackie will pick them up late Sunday evening.

Yay!

I can hardly wait to see Paxton. And Meesh will be here all day tomorrow to hang with the twins so me and him can take walks and talk and just be a kid hanging out with his Uncle Frank, his buddy, his rock, his safe place.

My weekend with Paxton and the twins was kind of odd. It kept me sort of like off-balance. Maybe I can't read his face and body language as well as I could when he lived here, but, to me, it seemed like Paxton's emotional connection to "daddy-uncle" faded along with the memories....or at least, right up until the very last minutes.

When he first got here, he zoomed up my walkway yelling "Unco Fwank! Unco Fwank! I'm coming!" And soon as I stepped outside, he jumped into my arms and hugged my neck and buried his face behind my ear. But for most of Saturday and Sunday, it felt to me like he was just having a normal visit with an old uncle. Like, he wasn't clingy or anything like that, and he wasn't moody and depressed like he used to get when we only saw each other on weekends.

The only time he got emotional is when his grandma and I started putting his and the twins' shoes on them so she could take them to their mom. She got here at about 11pm on Sunday night, as planned. And the kids knew the plan, so it was no surprise when we woke each one to say "Gramma's here; time to go home."

I sat Paxton up, and he stared into the distance while I tied his shoes. He didn't look at me and he didn't, like, hold his feet up for socks or push them into his shoes to help me get them on. I thought maybe he was just groggy, but after I got his shoes tied, I looked up at him and tears were rolling down his cheeks. He hugged my neck and quietly said, "I don't want to go."

You could totally tell by his voice and all that he knew it was a useless thing to say; it wasn't going to change anything. That's what history has taught him, you know? So I sat him on my lap and let him cry. And I rocked him and told him that I'm pretty sure we'll see each other again, and that he'll always be my boy, and I'll always love him no matter where he is....all the same things I told him last time I saw him (3pm, Dec 24th, 2021).

His gramma said that, provided Paxton "acts normal" after being here, me and Michelle might be "babysitting" fairly often from now on.

Equally joyful and gutting.

My weekend with Paxton and the twins was kind of odd. It kept me sort of like off-balance. Maybe I can't read his face and body language as well as I could when he lived here, but, to me, it seemed like Paxton's emotional connection to "daddy-uncle" faded along with the memories....or at least, right up until the very last minutes.

When he first got here, he zoomed up my walkway yelling "Unco Fwank! Unco Fwank! I'm coming!" And soon as I stepped outside, he jumped into my arms and hugged my neck and buried his face behind my ear. But for most of Saturday and Sunday, it felt to me like he was just having a normal visit with an old uncle. Like, he wasn't clingy or anything like that, and he wasn't moody and depressed like he used to get when we only saw each other on weekends.

The only time he got emotional is when his grandma and I started putting his and the twins' shoes on them so she could take them to their mom. She got here at about 11pm on Sunday night, as planned. And the kids knew the plan, so it was no surprise when we woke each one to say "Gramma's here; time to go home."

I sat Paxton up, and he stared into the distance while I tied his shoes. He didn't look at me and he didn't, like, hold his feet up for socks or push them into his shoes to help me get them on. I thought maybe he was just groggy, but after I got his shoes tied, I looked up at him and tears were rolling down his cheeks. He hugged my neck and quietly said, "I don't want to go."

You could totally tell by his voice and all that he knew it was a useless thing to say; it wasn't going to change anything. That's what history has taught him, you know? So I sat him on my lap and let him cry. And I rocked him and told him that I'm pretty sure we'll see each other again, and that he'll always be my boy, and I'll always love him no matter where he is....all the same things I told him last time I saw him (3pm, Dec 24th, 2021).

His gramma said that, provided Paxton "acts normal" after being here, me and Michelle might be "babysitting" fairly often from now on.

Equally joyful and gutting.
Frank .. it must be frustrating for Paxton to not be able to see you more often. He's older now, and trying
to keep his emotions under control.

I sincerely hope that you will be able to continue seeing him more regularly. He knows you love him, and
he obviously loves you. That counts for a lot.

Last edited:
There's two sheriff's helicopters in our sky right now so I DuckDuckGo'ed "current helicopter activity, Sacramento."

I found a website that says "Air unit assisted ground units on reports of subjects shooting at a group."

😮
Report of a shooting at a high school. Some non-students went onto a local campus and shot a couple students with pepper-spray. Offenders escaped capture. stupid punks.

Can't fault any department involved for over-reacting.

Its a common thing here in Houston to hear sirens all night long.
Same. Our new house is in a much better area but the entire city is plagued with crime. Cops don't even bother with petty criminals. You report your stuff stolen or vandalized or whatever, they enter it into a data-base, and bam!... their job is done. Step 2, you call your insurance company and hope for the best.

Same. Our new house is in a much better area but the entire city is plagued with crime. Cops don't even bother with petty criminals. You report your stuff stolen or vandalized or whatever, they enter it into a data-base, and bam!... their job is done. Step 2, you call your insurance company and hope for the best.
we live in as close to a crime free area as you can get .. but the Police here do the self same thing, whether here in the rural shires, or in the city with much more crime ... they're more interested in arresting people for hate speech.. 😣

we live in as close to a crime free area as you can get .. but the Police here do the self same thing, whether here in the rural shires, or in the city with much more crime ... they're more interested in arresting people for hate speech.. 😣
I live in a pretty safe area and in a condo complex. The only crime here is that people tend to break into cars that are not locked. I can't believe people don't lock their cars.

to be fair though, they are busy attending carnivals, learning dance routines for tik tok and, of course, doing coffee and sandwich runs for protestors :rolleyes::)

Yes, you're right; I looked it up.

Strange choice for a medical term when we're talking eyes and sinuses. Seems like one that would need clarification pretty often. I'm sure I'm wrong about that, but still, it's definitely one of the odd ones.
It's pretty archaic all right. We use some terminology that would make you laugh. For instance, if a doctor allows a patient to have a shot of brandy or whiskey at bedtime, the order will read, spirits of fermenti, h.s

Yayha! We'll move into our "new" house next week!

And I've got a lot of crap to get rid of. I've saved every one of Paxton's toys since he started walking. I've got a crib and mattress that needs a new home worse than I do....stuff like that. Lots of it. But I'll sort it out; not as big a deal as my mind is making it.

Time to order a lawn mower and stuff! 🤩

Yayha! We'll move into our "new" house next week!

And I've got a lot of crap to get rid of. I've saved every one of Paxton's toys since he started walking. I've got a crib and mattress that needs a new home worse than I do....stuff like that. Lots of it. But I'll sort it out; not as big a deal as my mind is making it.

Time to order a lawn mower and stuff! 🤩
wooohoooo... you're going to be sooo busy.. fantastic news, but you must pace yourself Frank, don't damage your back more than it is..

How far is the new home from where you are now ?.. will it mean making new friends and neighbours ?

Such an exciting time. I saw the picture of the home you posted. Lookd like you both will be very happy there. Keeps us updated as you make it your own, decorating, updating the garden how you want. Are you going to keep the little awning, I love it.

wooohoooo... you're going to be sooo busy.. fantastic news, but you must pace yourself Frank, don't damage your back more than it is..

How far is the new home from where you are now ?.. will it mean making new friends and neighbours ?
It's only about 5 miles away, and a 10 minute drive, but it's a very different area...less crime, far fewer renters, quiet streets and lots and lots of trees. I've already gotten acquainted with the lady across the street and the guy next door. They seem really nice. The lady is a member of the Neighborhood Watch.

Yeah, I can't wait to work on the yards. There's some scruffy, useless stuff I want to remove, and stuff I want to plant. Removal will be easy after we get some rain (expected soon), and planting will wait until early spring. There's a pretty little shed in back for my new mower, weedeater, hoes and shovels and all that.

I'm stoked.

Back