Notes from Pappy's diary

Well, my doctor suggested he wanted me to take some test for congested heart failure. Apparently, I have most of the symptoms. I was to go for a electrocardiograph at 10 this am. At nine, the nurse called and said the tests had not been approved yet by my healthcare program. Or, I could pay the $900 myself. Sure, like this will happen.
I guess my gripe is how can someone, sitting in some office, decide what is best for my health?
If if I was on welfare, it would get done. If I were in prison, it would get done. Now I can only wait to see if it's approved or not. And, I have to call my doctor to see if he still wants to see me tomorrow or make a new appointment.
Sometimes you just got to vent your frustration. Pappy

I'm sorry for your frustration, Pappy. It's just a delay, not a denial, correct? I know these things are a real nuisance, keep you upset and on edge all the time. All I can say is try to be patient. Hope the results come out to show the doctor was just being overly cautious. They tend to go overboard on testing. Sometime it's just to systematically rule things out. :rose:

Thanks, Nancy. I've had better days. Some things just get so frustrating at times you want to shout. Feel better about it already.
Its been an unusual week, or one I'd just soon forget. The wife needs a tooth capped, and that ain't cheap.

What i I need is a good joke:

This guy goes into a restaurant for a Christmas breakfast while in his home town for the holidays.

After looking over the menu he says, "I'll just have the eggs benedict."

His order comes a while later and it's served on a big shiny hubcap. He asks the waiter, "What's with the hubcap?"

The waiter sings, "There's no plate like chrome for the hollandaise."

On the road again, Pappy?

ebb8aeffc49955c6e18845fa2fbaeebf--travel-humor-rv-travel.jpg

Pappy,

I'm curious, when you folks make your semi annual trips do you follow the same route, stay in the same places, eat in the same restaurants, etc... or do you change it up.

When I used to travel long distance I sort of liked to stick with the places and people that I became familiar with over the years.

Have a safe trip!

B

Hi Aunt Bea,

I usually take the same route, 81 South to 77 South to 26 East to I-95 South to Home. We don’t always stay or eat at the same places as it depends on how well the traveling is. Delays, accidents, etc. I like the Best Westerns and Comfort Inns. Lunch at Mickey Dees and supper Denny’s or A place similar. I do keep track of where we stay, on my IPhone, and if we like it, we’ll usually try to stay there again.

We are in Hardeesville, SC tonight and about 5 hours from home. Roads have been pretty good with quite a lot of hard showers.

Pappy

Speaking of stupid things, some stupid Florida laws.....

Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.
A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

Pappy, CT has weird laws too-

State Laws
You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.
It is illegal to dispose of used razor blades.
REPEALED You cannot buy any alcohol after 9pm or on Sundays after noon on Sunday.

City Laws in Connecticut:

Devon
It is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset.

Guilford
Only white Christmas lights are allowed for display.

Hartford
You aren’t allowed to cross a street while walking on your hands.
You may not educate dogs.
It is illegal for a man to kiss his wife on Sunday.

Meriden
The use of a bean whistle in public is prohibited.

New Britain
It is illegal for fire trucks to exceed 25mph, even when going to a fire.

Rocky Hill
An arcade may not have more than a total of four amusement devices such as ping-pong tables, pinball machines, or shuffleboard tables.

Southington
Silly string is banned.

Waterbury
It is illegal for any beautician to hum, whistle, or sing while working on a customer.

Back