Suggestions for Spiritual Awakening Audios

I don't understand. Could you maybe elaborate what you mean?
I love my parents. One died just a few weeks ago. Today there was a thread asking whether your parents paid for your education.

I could have just said NO but I added an entire story about how I worked . I paid for my own education and was proud of it …..
I guess I added in info that didn’t need adding.

That’s another question, why is pride such a horrible thing?

I love my parents. One died just a few weeks ago. Today there was a thread asking whether your parents paid for your education.

I could have just said NO but I added an entire story about how I worked . I paid for my own education and was proud of it …..
I guess I added in info that didn’t need adding.

That’s another question, why is pride such a horrible thing?
Adding context to your answer is very appropriate. If you feel proud about your accomplishments it is very common to share that without bragging, of which you were not. Also, what others think about what you write is entirely subjective. I think we fear having to explain things to other peoples liking. I will explain, but rarely compromise what I really feel. As it should be. How could we understand stuff if we hold back because we are fearful of getting some pushback. I am glad you explained. It helps explain the circumstances. :)

Adding context to your answer is very appropriate. If you feel proud about your accomplishments it is very common to share that without bragging, of which you were not. Also, what others think about what you write is entirely subjective. I think we fear having to explain things to other peoples liking. I will explain, but rarely compromise what I really feel. As it should be. How could we understand stuff if we hold back because we are fearful of getting some pushback. I am glad you explained. It helps explain the circumstances. :)
I’AM fearful of getting pushback for telling my truth. I already know the reaction I’m going to get but do it anyway. The results are often awkward and uncomfortable but I write them anyway and every time I get bent out of shape.

I guess I should be asking myself why I continue to do it ?

Thank you for your answer. 🙂

Staying Grounded

1/. Learn to accept reality - accept where you currently are right now
2/. Question your beliefs- let go of beliefs that don’t support you
3/. Let go of the past - nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning we give to it
4/. Explore your relationships - sometimes we must cut ties with unhealthy relationships that don’t serve us.
5/. Reveal your driving force - certainty, significance, variety, love, connection & growth
6/. Face your fears - use your fear to your advantage by overcoming it
7/. Design your life - let go of beliefs and relationships that don’t support you and discover what energies you
8/. Reset your focus - what you focus on expands. Focus on things that make your heart sing

I’m listening to a lot of Dan Gibson solitudes or nothing; just silence. I’ve also started meditating again. I’d forgotten how well meditation works to help me. To tame the mind from excess jibberish takes time and effort. Dedication ! Commitment. That stillness between thoughts is priceless.

I can actually focus on doing things again. For a while I couldn’t focus on anything. Now I’m back to being the witness that watches the EGO . The journey to finding spirit is filled with mystery.

Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Wayne Dyer. He has a way of inspiring listeners to find our inner spirit, in a playful loving manner. What a legacy to leave.

I’m painting again. Something I missed doing. I set up a painting station so I could keep everything out and not have to put it away after each use. At the moment, my room is getting its floor done. 3/4 inch maple. It truly brightens up the room but it’s not finished yet . I’m painting in the dining room and it’s so fun.

Listening to Dan Gibson. So soothing.

Last edited:
If you forgive someone does that mean you have to change your truthful history which included them ? Does one just delete all that?
Do you start making up stories to skirt around the truth?
When you forgive someone, its not for the other person, its for you. As long as you hold on to what they've done, they have power over you. When you forgive, that doesn't necessarily mean you will ever forget. However, once you forgive you are able to let it go and be free from it and it's no longer holding you hostage.

It's not easy to forgive by no means...it's easy to say you forgive someone but to actually forgive them...it's hard. I thought I forgave someone for something they did to me, but I didn't - I had triggers and I wasn't at Peace. Every time I thought about it, I felt anger within. It took a while, but I have forgiven them. Although, I will never forget how it made me feel. But I had to forgive and let it go. I think its how they made me feel is hard to deal with at times.

When you forgive someone, its not for the other person, its for you. As long as you hold on to what they've done, they have power over you. When you forgive, that doesn't necessarily mean you will ever forget. However, once you forgive you are able to let it go and be free from it and it's no longer holding you hostage.

It's not easy to forgive by no means...it's easy to say you forgive someone but to actually forgive them...it's hard. I thought I forgave someone for something they did to me, but I didn't - I had triggers and I wasn't at Peace. Every time I thought about it, I felt anger within. It took a while, but I have forgiven them. Although, I will never forget how it made me feel. But I had to forgive and let it go. I think its how they made me feel is hard to deal with at times.
Yes Miss BJ, forgiveness is a gift I give to myself. No doubt about it. It’s easy to forgive small stuff. I do that everyday.

I’m talking big time stuff here and like you’ve stated, it’s not a 100% thing. Getting triggered brings loads of memories back. Just being tired can trigger lots of stuff. I’ve been working on this for years so understand the stages of forgiveness but thanks for the added advice.

I’m listening to a lot of Dan Gibson solitudes or nothing; just silence. I’ve also started meditating again. I’d forgotten how well meditation works to help me. To tame the mind from excess jibberish takes time and effort. Dedication ! Commitment. That stillness between thoughts is priceless.

I can actually focus on doing things again. For a while I couldn’t focus on anything. Now I’m back to being the witness that watches the EGO . The journey to finding spirit is filled with mystery.

Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Wayne Dyer. He has a way of inspiring listeners to find our inner spirit, in a playful loving manner. What a legacy to leave.

I’m painting again. Something I missed doing. I set up a painting station so I could keep everything out and not have to put it away after each use. At the moment, my room is getting its floor done. 3/4 inch maple. It truly brightens up the room but it’s not finished yet . I’m painting in the dining room and it’s so fun.

Listening to Dan Gibson. So soothing.
I decided to quit meditating about a month ago. I know it's supposed to be so good for finding balance and peace of mind, but honestly, it seemed like it was having the opposite effect on me. Every time I sat down for a bit of 'quiet time', my brain just began to dredge up every regret filled issue and event that I try not to think about. And instead of getting up after half an hour, feeling refreshed and peaceful, I was heading back into my day filled with anxiety and renewed efforts to not think about an old painful memory. I'm happy though, that it works for you and for so many. You're very fortunate.

I’AM fearful of getting pushback for telling my truth. I already know the reaction I’m going to get but do it anyway. The results are often awkward and uncomfortable but I write them anyway and every time I get bent out of shape.
This takes a lot of courage. Thank you for doing it. I've wanted to start discussions about topics like these but don't because of the feedback I expect to get.

I decided to quit meditating about a month ago. I know it's supposed to be so good for finding balance and peace of mind, but honestly, it seemed like it was having the opposite effect on me.
Same thing happened to me years ago. When I told people I was stopping, they'd tell me that I just needed to do it more. I did it way too long. After I stopped, I felt better. Since then, things have changed in my life. I do a practice that is a type of meditation but has a body component. It works better for me. I think about going back to meditation but now I'll do it when I'm ready, not because I feel like I'm supposed to do it.

Glad you' re listening to yourself instead of going on for as long as I did.

This takes a lot of courage. Thank you for doing it. I've wanted to start discussions about topics like these but don't because of the feedback I expect to get.

Same thing happened to me years ago. When I told people I was stopping, they'd tell me that I just needed to do it more. I did it way too long. After I stopped, I felt better. Since then, things have changed in my life. I do a practice that is a type of meditation but has a body component. It works better for me. I think about going back to meditation but now I'll do it when I'm ready, not because I feel like I'm supposed to do it.

When you say you do a practise that has a body component, what do you mean? If you don't mind my asking of course.

I decided to quit meditating about a month ago. I know it's supposed to be so good for finding balance and peace of mind, but honestly, it seemed like it was having the opposite effect on me. Every time I sat down for a bit of 'quiet time', my brain just began to dredge up every regret filled issue and event that I try not to think about. And instead of getting up after half an hour, feeling refreshed and peaceful, I was heading back into my day filled with anxiety and renewed efforts to not think about an old painful memory. I'm happy though, that it works for you and for so many. You're very fortunate.
Medication has a lot to do with how I’m feeling lately. I started meds back in autumn. Before that I had a hard time focussing on anything. My husband would suggest movies to keep me distracted . That way my mind was busy.

The other day I listened to Wayne Dyer and he was saying that man’s biggest problem is that they can’t sit quietly by themselves. I considered this as I started studying spirituality. I can sit quietly by myself, but I do know what you mean by feeling fear. It’s not that unusual. My husband will sometimes interrupt my quiet space with worry. He gets scared when I’m too quiet.

I’m glad you found your yourself again. Feeling scared by our own minds IS a scary thought and many of us go through it. The mental health forum is a sad place to be, especially when you’re sad already.

Thanks for sharing that Deb.

Last edited:

Thank you for your feedback. It’s truly appreciated. As a community we’ve talked about having a spiritual section, but it didn’t fly. There were non spiritual people protesting so it was voted down.

I’m doing this all for myself. Years ago I used to do it while giving myself Reiki. It felt really good. I’d listen to Dan Gibson solitudes while doing it.

We all have to find our own way. Find what works for us. As I write this, I’m listening to Dan Gibson. Atlantic Suite.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Believe it or not Debrah - sounds like its working for you. You came face to face with things you suppressed - possibly for many years. It's not ice cream and cake in the beginning. That's how it was when I begin working on my inner self in my quiet time. All sorts of things came up that I hadn't dealt with. It was very painful. I am glad I stuck it out and dealt with those things. Of course, counseling helped as well.

Without counseling, not sure if I could have done it. I think this is why a lot of people do not work on their inner self...its too painful. But it's priceless if you can stick with it. Things do not get to me too easily anymore. I can deal with them in a calmer manner. Priceless!!!

My experience after living in a small Buddhist monastery for 36 years is that meditation is not required to live a peaceful life. For some people it is not needed at all. They find other ways to walk their path. Buddhism basically teaches a psychology that puts one's life "in order". When chaos needs some calming down, there are is much to say. I remember what I think who ever the "Buddha" was, supposed to have said "Find your own way." :)

I just listened to this while I was writing my morning pages. Felt hopeful and inspiring to me. I loved it. Thanks for mentioning it.
Isn’t it nice? 👍 it’s probably my favourite Dan Gibson album. Plus I like looking at the pictures that go with it. There’s moose photos.

Back