This world. purpose of life.

There's a saying, "Good fences make good neighbours".
Except when you have a neighbor that climbs up on a footstool and peaks over a cinder block wall so he can, well, you get the ideal. Fences help make good neighbors, but the police help more.

Since God was used how do you explain the division of mankind by this. about the Tower of Babel?

God was concerned that humans had blasphemed by building the tower to avoid a second flood so God brought into existence multiple languages. Thus, humans were divided into linguistic groups, unable to understand one another.

Sounds to me like separation was intended.

Only if you read the story as history rather than a parable that uses the existence of different languages to make a point about human hubris. The message is not too different to the Greek myth of Icarus and Daedalus.

I don't think it's the borders, or countries that are necessarily provoking wars, etc. We do belong to "tribes". You can't get around the fact that being in tribes is part of our DNA. Unfortunately, that sets us on the path of "us vs. them". I really don't see us giving that up, soon. There will always be some sort of sectionalism, but it doesn't mean you have to kill over it. Rather than get rid of nations, I think it would be better to get rid of armies, navies, spies, etc. Somehow I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not very religious, haven't read old tastament no. though i believe in god and in certain things and I truly believe what i wrote could have been the best outcome and had to be the plan because of how good it sounds. Janice posted John lenons song, which interprets everything i could have said shortly instead of writing that much haha. though, hope you get it ! cheers
While the concept sounds ideal, Globalism is not ideal. One would still need a plethora of leaders and they would of course be of different minds. Also, different areas of the world vary so much, we could not always all agree as to how to live our lives. The sensible thing to do is to hang on to our cultures and respect others. Differences should always be settled in a civilized manner, not through dreadful wars.

While the concept sounds ideal, Globalism is not ideal. One would still need a plethora of leaders and they would of course be of different minds. Also, different areas of the world vary so much, we could not always all agree as to how to live our lives. The sensible thing to do is to hang on to our cultures and respect others. Differences should always be settled in a civilized manner, not through dreadful wars.
I LOVE the word plethora and it’s used so rarely. I never heard the word until I was in my 20’s. Certainly sounds better than a “bunch of“. 🥳

Sorry, but philosophy is for the young to read about then preach to older people what the meaning of exitance is much like young students that take one class in psychology then tell us we adults are all screwed up mentally. So as a person that has survived and absorbed many inputs from many sources of this meaning lees subject both stoned, sober and semi-sober my conclusion is "meaning" does not matter and never will. Create another universe and get back to us wonderers seeking The Answer or watch Monty Python's "The Meaning Of Life."

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. I'm not gonna go in depth but will give you my point of view of how things could / should have been if it wasn't for the ignorance of the people. I presume most of you are religious here and even if not, hear me out. I don't think that god ever intended for us to live with so many restrictions, borders and so on. we were given this world, There were no countries, no restrictions. people ruined the whole experience of enjoying life to its fullest from the beginning, started wars, then we got the borders, different countries, basically everything went bad. no one can really openly say that there once was a time where peace was all around. greediness and arrogance forced all the generations to live miserably at some point of their lives. or all of it. not everyone experiences the freedom they desire. nowadays most do, but if u live in somewhat of a developed country, with resources, decent job to fulfill your dreams. Not all the people get that. theres still so much going on in iraq, palestine etc.. the kids there simply dont get the chance to start dreaming the big things. It's simply much harder of a task for them than for the rest of us. which is not fair. if there was just one country ( Call it Earth ) itself, i dont think we'd have the same issues we have now. economically everyone would be doing fine. there would be more fairness overall. I presume.

The question is, would world be a better place if there were no countries ? the logical answer would be, but Vako there will be chaos all around the world. no ? technically no. basically how i imagine it, there would be one leadership for the whole earth, and all of it would be one whole country with one language which causes less problems.

My question became how could things have gone if humans werent so complicated.

I guess i went in depth after all. sorry. Hope you get my point. share your thoughts, thank you !

‎"...the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.”
― Carl Jung - got me thinking 🤔

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. I'm not gonna go in depth but will give you my point of view of how things could / should have been if it wasn't for the ignorance of the people. I presume most of you are religious here and even if not, hear me out. I don't think that god ever intended for us to live with so many restrictions, borders and so on. we were given this world, There were no countries, no restrictions. people ruined the whole experience of enjoying life to its fullest from the beginning, started wars, then we got the borders, different countries, basically everything went bad. no one can really openly say that there once was a time where peace was all around. greediness and arrogance forced all the generations to live miserably at some point of their lives. or all of it. not everyone experiences the freedom they desire. nowadays most do, but if u live in somewhat of a developed country, with resources, decent job to fulfill your dreams. Not all the people get that. theres still so much going on in iraq, palestine etc.. the kids there simply dont get the chance to start dreaming the big things. It's simply much harder of a task for them than for the rest of us. which is not fair. if there was just one country ( Call it Earth ) itself, i dont think we'd have the same issues we have now. economically everyone would be doing fine. there would be more fairness overall. I presume.

The question is, would world be a better place if there were no countries ? the logical answer would be, but Vako there will be chaos all around the world. no ? technically no. basically how i imagine it, there would be one leadership for the whole earth, and all of it would be one whole country with one language which causes less problems.

My question became how could things have gone if humans werent so complicated.

I guess i went in depth after all. sorry. Hope you get my point. share your thoughts, thank you !
According to my late mother, the purpose of life is "survival", (I'd tried to argue in my romantic youth that the purpose of life was "Love" or to love, but as I get older I seem to move closer to my mother's view?). :unsure:.

I hope you're having a better day sassycake. life is hard yes, keep your head up always !

I agree treeguy64, I do !

beautiful words treacle, thanks for sharing !

grahamg, I would argue. age is just a number, your soul must always stay young !

There are many more replies and i will just try to answer shortly. I merely wanted to point out that globalism would have been the best thing for the sake of fairness and well being of all the people. and obviously I'm not trying to convince anyone that what i'm saying is the right way, i just imagine that it would have been beautiful. and @JaniceM really helped me there, quoting john lenons song. it says it all!

and well, purpose of life, yes u never know. its different for everyone and no one can argue about that. although I believe we can achieve peace eventually, for everyone and there will be fairness and no wars if more people started thinking about it, more taught about this in schools and trying to share that free soul can always make a difference. I hope centuries to come, this will be acknowledged !

Last edited:
You wouldn't be for turning the clock back, as my late father used to say he wished could happen? :unsure: .
BTW I'm told there is another question no less than the one you've raised, but it fits into the Family and Relationships section of the forum, (according to Mnookin).

I believe that in centuries to come, the Earth will be run by robots. Once the robots we're now developing cross a certain threshold of self-awareness, they will realize that we're not needed, and that our species made a total mess of things during its reign. Robots may, in fact, do well with one world order, one world government. Our species?....... NEVER!

Back