Two LA deputies shot , ambush style

Well, if that is true ? Or becomes truth ? Then I say amp-up what happens to those that do ambush once they are caught. If they are caught with literal smoking gun in hand.......straight to the needle , no trial, no need for one when caught 'red-handed' ! As for the others, compile the evidence , if their guilt is proven ? .......... straight to the needle.
Consider joining the rest of us on the planet earth. :)

When police officers commit murder & use their power to harass people who aren't their favorite color, it creates hatred for them & sometimes leads to attacks on police, as we've seen.
This type of mentality is what makes some people sound foolish. If a cop commits a crime as you have stated, why not just go after the cop who you believe is the guilty party? Why take out any cop, even one who just joined the force and may not even have any knowledge of why he was being singled out? It makes no sense to kill an innocent cop just because another cop did something that you believe was wrong.

From what I remember reading, these two officers were only out of the Academy for 7 months and probably haven't even written a citation yet. They are what we call "rookies."

That makes about as much sense as me hiring a plumber to fix a leaking pipe and he causes excessive damage to my home that I have to pay to have fixed, so now I hate all plumbers. (BTW, this did actually happen to me.) So now, they are all terrible and a bunch of thieves. If that makes sense to you, then we shouldn't continue this conversation. You can take any similar situation and it's only fair to punish the person that you believe did the wrong, not someone who is in the same business or whatever. Take your car to get an oil change and the person forgets to put the new oil in and the engine ceases up. So now, we hate anyone that does oil changes?

This type of mentality is what makes some people sound foolish. If a cop commits a crime as you have stated, why not just go after the cop who you believe is the guilty party? Why take out any cop, even one who just joined the force and may not even have any knowledge of why he was being singled out? It makes no sense to kill an innocent cop just because another cop did something that you believe was wrong.

From what I remember reading, these two officers were only out of the Academy for 7 months and probably haven't even written a citation yet. They are what we call "rookies."

That makes about as much sense as me hiring a plumber to fix a leaking pipe and he causes excessive damage to my home that I have to pay to have fixed, so now I hate all plumbers. (BTW, this did actually happen to me.) So now, they are all terrible and a bunch of thieves. If that makes sense to you, then we shouldn't continue this conversation. You can take any similar situation and it's only fair to punish the person that you believe did the wrong, not someone who is in the same business or whatever. Take your car to get an oil change and the person forgets to put the new oil in and the engine ceases up. So now, we hate anyone that does oil changes?
What you're describing is the foolishness of bigotry and prejudice, which runs as rampantly through our police departments as the rest of society.

Difference is, police officers have the power of the badge behind them when they act on their bigotries and prejudices.

What you're describing is the foolishness of bigotry and prejudice, which runs as rampantly through our police departments as the rest of society.

Difference is, police officers have the power of the badge behind them when they act on their bigotries and prejudices.

So for how many years did you work as a police officer ? Or perhaps you worked [with] police officers for many years ? How many police officers do you know personally ?

You seem to have such an insight, please share.

Besides the power & authority of the badge (as mentioned above in post #107, when police officers commit a crime, they are not dealt with the same way as non LEO's. Convictions are not as likely, sentences are shorter & justice is not served. In fact, as I provided examples previously, departments don't even want to consider their officers suspects, regardless of how much evidence there is of their guilt. That is a factor in random attacks on officers - whether you want to acknowledge it or not. And obviously, due to your career choice, you don't want to, like any retired cop.
Denial is foolish.

That’s right. That exactly how bigotry and prejudices work. The odd thing about people who practice this is they never understand their own forms of bigotry or prejudice yet blatantly notice it in others. That’s exactly how that works.

A group of people start protests against being treated unfairly, so everyone looking somewhat similar becomes suspect and gets painted with the same brushstroke.

A group of crazy minorities drive planes into the highest buildings in NY so we blame everyone who looks remotely like them.

That’s how humans are. Not everyone but a good majority

The difference is the police have the law, the power and the legal right to carry arms anywhere. They are most often given the upmost respect by all for who and what the stand for. Unfortunately there are a few bad apples that ruin it for others. It’s not normal for anyone to open fire on police officers. If the police officers die, it’s murder. The exact same type of murder that some police offers have done to civilians. Unfortunately there are people who are so prejudice that they don’t wish to see or understand this and that right there is what keeps this insanity going.

Hated is NEVER good. Nothing good comes from hatred. It’s evil on both sides.

So for how many years did you work as a police officer ? Or perhaps you worked [with] police officers for many years ? How many police officers do you know personally ?

I have several close friends, men and women, who currently serve as police officers. In addition, my maternal grandfather and a paternal uncle were NYPD.
Thanks for asking.

Years ago, we had an electrician at our house to fix our TV. When he was finished with the job, I turned on the TV & the picture was still bad.
I told the repairman, "The picture is still bad; you didn't fix it." He replied, "Are you an electrician?"
I said, "No, but I don't have to be an electrician; all I need are eyes to know the picture is bad."

RGP, have you ever repaired TV's?

Besides the power & authority of the badge (as mentioned above in post #107, when police officers commit a crime, they are not dealt with the same way as non LEO's. Convictions are not as likely, sentences are shorter & justice is not served. In fact, as I provided examples previously, departments don't even want to consider their officers suspects, regardless of how much evidence there is of their guilt. That is a factor in random attacks on officers - whether you want to acknowledge it or not. And obviously, due to your career choice, you don't want to, like any retired cop.
Denial is foolish.

Here again you seem to be so informed, have such an insight as to what happens behind closed doors . Please tell us where it was that you performed as a police officer or support position ? As I am in awe of your knowledge .

Years ago, we had an electrician at our house to fix our TV. When he was finished with the job, I turned on the TV & the picture was still bad.
I told the repairman, "The picture is still bad; you didn't fix it." He replied, "Are you an electrician?"
I said, "No, but I don't have to be an electrician; all I need are eyes to know the picture is bad."

RGP, have you ever repaired TV's?

Wow , really nice story.

I think that you are stereotyping. That may be the way civilians see the police, but I have never known a policeman or woman to shove their badge in someone's face thinking that they can do no wrong or get away with whatever because they carry a badge. You probably have never notice it, but the Pennsylvania State Police doesn't even wear a badge. When I worked as an Investigator, I did carry a badge.

This is not to say that some police may feel or act in a manner that reflects an image of arrogance or aloofness, but hopefully those that do are far and few between. The majority of police do not use their badge as a means to do as they damned well please.

I would just caution everyone to be careful with stereotyping police officers. The vast majority of us do not make the headlines.

WHAT? THIS coming from the likes of you?
You’ve acted more like a cop in this thread than anyone. Stating for certain who deserved what and why? Like the guys who killed Floyd were just following protocol. No they weren’t. That was made VERY clear but you chose to ignore it. Since when would a manual suggest police officers pile on top of a possible suspect with enough force to kill them? None do but like you’ve already admitted, you don’t care how the cops handle it, even if someone does unfairly die. After all, if the police are involved, it MUST be correct & lawful?🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I think that you are stereotyping. That may be the way civilians see the police, but I have never known a policeman or woman to shove their badge in someone's face thinking that they can do no wrong or get away with whatever because they carry a badge. You probably have never notice it, but the Pennsylvania State Police doesn't even wear a badge. When I worked as an Investigator, I did carry a badge.

This is not to say that some police may feel or act in a manner that reflects an image of arrogance or aloofness, but hopefully those that do are far and few between. The majority of police do not use their badge as a means to do as they damned well please.

I would just caution everyone to be careful with stereotyping police officers. The vast majority of us do not make the headlines.
No, the vast majority of you do not make the headlines.
The Code of Silence is very effective. And part of the problem.

I'm not stereotyping that all police behave this way. Far from it. Nearly all of my interactions with police have been positive to neutral. Then again, I was born a White, middle class woman who was taught not to fear police. I know a lot of law enforcement officers and hold them in very high regard.

My personal encounters don't change the reality that some police do indeed use their badges to do as they damned well please. Particularly in minority neighborhoods.

WHAT? THIS coming from the likes of you?
You’ve acted more like a cop in this thread than anyone. Stating for certain who deserved what and why? Like the guys who killed Floyd were just following protocol. No they weren’t. That was made VERY clear but you chose to ignore it. Since when would a manual suggest police officers pile on top of a possible suspect with enough force to kill them? None do but like you’ve already admitted, you don’t care how the cops handle it, even if someone does unfairly die. After all, if the police are involved, it MUST be correct & lawful?🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

The procedure used was approved & taught at the time of the arrest. You are the one ignoring?

But you are correct on one point ........ I really do not care how police officers handle a drug addled ex-con street thug. He's off the street , that's what matters.

I recently saw the first program in the PBS series, "Hacking Your Mind". They touched on some ideas that could be relevant to this discussion. I thought it was an interesting concept, but can't really say more than that.

The procedure used was approved & taught at the time of the arrest. You are the one ignoring?

But you are correct on one point ........ I really do not care how police officers handle a drug addled ex-con street thug. He's off the street , that's what matters.
What was written and what was done are two different things. This was covered in a thread by a few people using exact words from the manual . The procedure was NOT followed as written which is why they all got arrested. What do you think they got arrested for?

Ex con. Yes. He served his time for the crimes he committed. Should he keep getting punished from society for past mistakes? How do we know people didn’t get paid for setting this up? There was never any evidence found about the so called counterfeit money. The cop murderer and Floyd used to work together just last year. Maybe Floyd knew too much about a counterfeit business and he got snuffed out.

This is the same type of mentality as the jogger who got instantly snuffed out for visiting a vacant lot whose owner didn’t mind in the least that he was. Others, whose house if wasn’t, decided he should be punished for trespassing so killed him. The amount of people who supported this decision is staggering.

I don’t support and will never support ‘hate’ crimes.

Back