Two LA deputies shot , ambush style

The shooting itself, then the crowd's reaction are unconscionable. I know people are angry with police in that city for what went down but not all cops are bad cops. I hope the shooter is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law. I also hope that both officers recover. I saw the video of the female officer trying to give aid to her partner when she was shot up herself. :cry:

@rpg...Re Floyd and phony money. If you got a set of bills as change, would you inspect each one to see if it's phony before you went ahead and spent it? Most people would not. I have occasion done it with $100 bills which I never liked receiving but smaller bills can be counterfit as well. Next point...does someone deserve to be murdered by police because they allegedly passed counterfit money? I notice the boy that came across state lines, carrying an assault rifle and killed two protesters was not even shot afterward, let alone killed. Think about it !

"Next point...does someone deserve to be murdered by police because they allegedly passed counterfit money? "

First , he wasn't murdered by the police.....He died, as I stated, due to his lifestyle [drugs] and his resistance to the arrest.

"If you got a set of bills as change, would you inspect each one to see if it's phony before you went ahead and spent it? Most people would not"

No , but if a "clerk" or whom ever says ........ wait a minute I think this is phony, and I am calling the police. I would sit down & wait for them to arrive, and get it sorted out. Not just walk off & drive away.

From one who often takes a thread south.

Keep it on topic and write decent, cognizant post.

Our keyboards often run away with us, we write what were feeling, rather than thinking how it will be interpreted.

( I often find myself wanting to respond to post with,
"What's wrong with you." but Adm would not like it)

Last edited:
If you are referring to the Floyd incident ? The police were called because he was passing phony money.
I didn't say it was phony money, I said that was the reason the police were called. And that was what set the whole thing in motion. Had he cooperated from the beginning , when the police arrived....he would have never even been placed in cuffs.

"He got tracked down, taken out of his truck and aggressively held with so much force by three police officers, that he died in their ‘care’ "

He may have died 'in their care' but they did not kill him. He killed himself by his lifestyle & his resistance to the arrest.
You most certainly DID say he was passing around phoney money. First quote up top. Your words exactly. There was no allegedly passed money but you’ve already stated that you don’t care how the police handle someone who you act racist towards.

Whenever anyone calls you on any of your BS, you change it to new BS just like the other member who said he probably died of fentanyl once the 3 cops were charged with murder.

We all watched the police kill Floyd from every angel possible. We all saw he didn’t resist arrest at all. We all saw three cops take him out like a trophy kill. We all watched him GET KILLED BY THE vigilante POLICE!!! How could he have killed himself with 3 cops forcefully holding him down?
Your comments don’t even have any logic to them.

The only people who claim he died any other way are people who want to find some reason for his death to be justified because they think like you do Yet we play this silly game of ‘let’s pretend’ we’re superior.

He didn’t die from his lifestyle.
He didn’t suddenly die from fentanyl.
HE WAS MURDERED and the only people who rep you and cheer you on are also racists.

It’s really quite sad that you have women here that get off on abusive, racist thugs and view them as heroic gentleman. WTF? Since when did aggressive murderers become heroic gentlemen? That’s seriously twisted. There have been women who have come to this site and openly stated that they’ve witnessed black men burning on a cross and heard their screams as they perished . To my astonishment members added rep! 😳 It’s far from shocking.

Humanity truly SUCKS! 🥺

You most certainly DID say he was passing around phoney money. First quote up top. Your words exactly. There was no allegedly passed money but you’ve already stated that you don’t care how the police handle someone who you act racist towards.

Whenever anyone calls you on any of your BS, you change it to new BS just like the other member who said he probably died of fentanyl once the 3 cops were charged with murder.

We all watched the police kill Floyd from every angel possible. We all saw he didn’t resist arrest at all. We all saw three cops take him out like a trophy kill. We all watched him GET KILLED BY THE vigilante POLICE!!! How could he have killed himself with 3 cops forcefully holding him down?
Your comments don’t even have any logic to them.

The only people who claim he died any other way are people who want to find some reason for his death to be justified because they think like you do Yet we play this silly game of ‘let’s pretend’ we’re superior.

He didn’t suddenly die from fentanyl.
HE WAS MURDERED and the only people who rep you and cheer you on are also racists.

It’s really quite sad that you have women here that get off on abusive, racist thugs and view them as heroic gentleman. WTF? Since when did aggressive murderers become heroic gentlemen? That’s seriously twisted. There have been women who have come to this site and openly stated that they’ve witnessed black men burning on a cross and heard their screams as they perished . To my astonishment members added rep! 😳 It’s far from shocking.

Humanity truly SUCKS! 🥺

OK, I didn't word it correctly ..... My bad. The reason for the call to the police , was the act/thought that he was indeed passing phony money.

He didn’t suddenly die from fentanyl."

No, he died from the cumulative effect of Fentanyl .......... due to his lifestyle

"To my astonishment members added rep! 😳 It’s far from shocking. "

What does that even mean ?

"Humanity truly SUCKS! 🥺 "

Are you not part of humanity ? ............ So perhaps go look in the mirror.

"Next point...does someone deserve to be murdered by police because they allegedly passed counterfit money? "

First , he wasn't murdered by the police.....He died, as I stated, due to his lifestyle [drugs] and his resistance to the arrest.

"If you got a set of bills as change, would you inspect each one to see if it's phony before you went ahead and spent it? Most people would not"

No , but if a "clerk" or whom ever says ........ wait a minute I think this is phony, and I am calling the police. I would sit down & wait for them to arrive, and get it sorted out. Not just walk off & drive away.
According to the official autopsy report he died as a result of his air being cut off when the cop was digging into his neck with his knee for way too long. Your unofficial report on the cause of death does not fly.

Not only did the gunman shoot them, but the 'crowd' wished them to die.....This is what a segment of our society has become.

Moving back to the original story, since I live in Los Angeles this incident has been featured in our local news. To start with, the "crowd" was approximately five people. Dreadful behavior, but not a giant chanting crowd.

I'm sorry to say that the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department has a long, ugly history of racist behavior. Not excusing this horrific attack by any means, just adding some context for those who don't live in the area.

The female deputy was remarkably valorous in putting her partner's safety above her own. She was cool headed and quick thinking. So admirable. https://www.latimes.com/california/...ty-sheriffs-deputies-survived-shooting-attack.

Although both officers will likely need multiple surgeries, the very good news is that their lives are no longer in danger.

Our country needs to figure out how to stop all the madness.

According to the official autopsy report he died as a result of his air being cut off when the cop was digging into his neck with his knee for way too long. Your unofficial report on the cause of death does not fly.

Wrong ! I have heard the exact opposite , he died of the combination drugs in his system , and some on going conditions.

Wrong ! I have heard the exact opposite , he died of the combination drugs in his system , and some on going conditions.

The first autopsy report was incomplete in that it did not include a toxicology report. When that report came in (in August) it indicated high levels of fentanyl in George Floyd's system, along with methamphetamines and other substances. The jury will no doubt be presented with conflicting accounts of how George Floyd died.

Kneeling on a suspect's neck for an extended period of time seems cruel and barbarous, whatever the ultimate cause of death. I think there is plenty of room for reform of police procedures and training and of the criminal justice system in general.

StarSong, thanks for the added info re the two officers. Our TV news tends to cover international stories and then never follow up with more details. Glad that they’re doing well.

Why is LeBron being asked by the Sheriff to double the reward. Has he been doing this for other crimes?

Off topic, on TV the Sheriff commented that the female officer’s maternal instincts kicked in as she cared for her partner. Professional training would have been a better praise. The boss wouldn’t have used the term paternal instincts if the situation were reversed.

StarSong, thanks for the added info re the two officers. Our TV news tends to cover international stories and then never follow up with more details. Glad that they’re doing well.

Why is LeBron being asked by the Sheriff to double the reward. Has he been doing this for other crimes?

Off topic, on TV the Sheriff commented that the female officer’s maternal instincts kicked in as she cared for her partner. Professional training would have been a better praise. The boss wouldn’t have used the term paternal instincts if the situation were reversed.
Because the sheriff is a d!@k, plain and simple. This was a highly inappropriate, extremely divisive request, and there's a lot of blow-back against him for his ridiculous public statements.

From one who often takes a thread south.

Keep it on topic and write decent, cognizant post.

Our keyboards often run away with us, we write what were feeling, rather than thinking how it will be interpreted.

( I often find myself wanting to respond to post with,
"What's wrong with you." but Adm would not like it)
A subject like this gets people all worked up and, yes you're right, folks should take a deep breath before they post. Whatever your views, there is no excuse for personal attacks.
I could have reacted to Win123's response to my post but then I thought...why bother? It's obviously a subject on which he is ignorant, why should I be the one to educate him?

I know they said it was a fish eye camera lens so the video of the ''man'' is distorted...but I may be absolutely wrong, probably am..but just from the video I immediately suspected a woman...

Last edited:
You only hear what you want to hear & see what you want to see.

Oh,and you ?... I have seen reports on TV, and read a few on line, that state the difference in opinion of what caused his death. You believe what you will, and i'll do the same.

The first autopsy report was incomplete in that it did not include a toxicology report. When that report came in (in August) it indicated high levels of fentanyl in George Floyd's system, along with methamphetamines and other substances. The jury will no doubt be presented with conflicting accounts of how George Floyd died.

"Kneeling on a suspect's neck for an extended period of time seems cruel and barbarous, whatever the ultimate cause of death. I think there is plenty of room for reform of police procedures and training and of the criminal justice system in general"

Cruel & Barbarous it may be ? But it was also an approved method .

Frankly , I say let the procedure stand, the more cruel the treatment , and the more known it is, the more likely [some] will behave in a manner to avoid it?

Coddling these people sure as hell has done nothing to curb crime.

I would agree with you that whatever we are doing isn't working.

However, we incarcerate more people than anyplace else on the planet and we have a high incidence of deaths in which police are involved in some way. So maybe that's what's not working.

Overall rates of violent crime have been going down for years, by the way. This is from Pew Research:

Violent crime in the U.S. has fallen sharply over the past quarter century. The two most commonly cited sources of crime statistics in the U.S. both show a substantial decline in the violent crime rate since it peaked in the early 1990s. One is an annual report by the FBI of serious crimes reported to police in more than 18,500 jurisdictions around the country. The other is a nationally representative annual survey by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, which asks approximately 160,000 Americans ages 12 and older whether they were victims of crime, regardless of whether they reported those crimes to the police.

Using the FBI numbers, the violent crime rate fell 51% between 1993 and 2018. Using the BJS data, the rate fell 71% during that span. The long-term decline in violent crime hasn’t been uninterrupted, though. The FBI, for instance, reported increases in the violent crime rate between 2004 and 2006 and again between 2014 and 2016. Violent crime includes offenses such as rape, robbery and assault.

You might change your mind when you realize that it inspires more cops being ambushed.

Well, if that is true ? Or becomes truth ? Then I say amp-up what happens to those that do ambush once they are caught. If they are caught with literal smoking gun in hand.......straight to the needle , no trial, no need for one when caught 'red-handed' ! As for the others, compile the evidence , if their guilt is proven ? .......... straight to the needle.

Back