Two LA deputies shot , ambush style

@911, from your posts on this forum it's obvious to me that you are a deeply caring, highly professional individual who continues to agonize over some of the horrors and tragedies you witnessed. I believe that's true of most police officers.
Yes, 911 deeply cares - about protecting the reputation of police officers - both the good and evil.
It's that......."Brotherhood" thing.
All cops are heroes - as soon as they put on their uniform, regardless of what crimes they commit while wearing their uniform.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Carry on.
OK, if you insist: (Be careful what you ask for:)
Prevalence
Accurate information about the prevalence of police corruption is hard to come by, since the corrupt activities tend to happen in secret and police organizations have little incentive to publish information about corruption.[13] Police officials and researchers alike have argued that in some countries, large-scale corruption involving the police not only exists but can even become institutionalized.[14] One study of corruption in the Los Angeles Police Department (focusing particularly on the Rampart scandal) proposed that certain forms of police corruption may be the norm, rather than the exception, in American policing.[15] In the UK, an internal investigation in 2002 into the largest police force, the Metropolitan Police, Operation Tiberius found that the force was so corrupt that "organized criminals were able to infiltrate Scotland Yard "at will" by bribing corrupt officers ... and that Britain's biggest force experienced 'endemic corruption' at the time".[16]

Where corruption exists, the widespread existence of a Blue Code of Silence among the police can prevent the corruption from coming to light. Officers in these situations commonly fail to report corrupt behavior or provide false testimony to outside investigators to cover up criminal activity by their fellow officers.[17] The well-known case of Frank Serpico, a police officer who spoke out about pervasive corruption in the New York City Police Department despite the open hostility of other members, illustrates how powerful the code of silence can be. In Australia in 1994, by 46 votes to 45, independent politician John Hatton forced the New South Wales state government to override the Independent Commission Against Corruption and the advice of senior police to establish a ground-breaking Royal Commission into Police Corruption[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_corruption

What was written and what was done are two different things. This was covered in a thread by a few people using exact words from the manual . The procedure was NOT followed as written which is why they all got arrested. What do you think they got arrested for?

Ex con. Yes. He served his time for the crimes he committed. Should he keep getting punished from society for past mistakes? How do we know people didn’t get paid for setting this up? There was never any evidence found about the so called counterfeit money. The cop murderer and Floyd used to work together just last year. Maybe Floyd knew too much about a counterfeit business and he got snuffed out.

This is the same type of mentality as the jogger who got instantly snuffed out for visiting a vacant lot whose owner didn’t mind in the least that he was. Others, whose house if wasn’t, decided he should be punished for trespassing so killed him. The amount of people who supported this decision is staggering.

I don’t support and will never support ‘hate’ crimes.

"Ex con. Yes. He served his time for the crimes he committed. Should he keep getting punished from society for past mistakes? "

No, but if he insist on breaking the law [illegal drugs in his system] I really do not care what happened to him. Like I said, he's off the street, that's a good thing.

"Maybe Floyd knew too much about a counterfeit business and he got snuffed out."

Do you actually know something about this ? Or are you just pointing the empty finger of accusation ?

All crimes are hate crimes, as I hate criminals .

"Ex con. Yes. He served his time for the crimes he committed. Should he keep getting punished from society for past mistakes? "

No, but if he insist on breaking the law [illegal drugs in his system] I really do not care what happened to him. Like I said, he's off the street, that's a good thing.

"Maybe Floyd knew too much about a counterfeit business and he got snuffed out."

Do you actually know something about this ? Or are you just pointing the empty finger of accusation ?

All crimes are hate crimes, as I hate criminals .
Well luckily the criminals were rightly charged for the crimes committed and I hope the people who shot at the police officers get rightly charged for the crimes committed also.

Last edited:
The premeditation is an even bigger problem.....one shooter, another person documenting the act.....maybe gang orientation. The person with the camera is just as guilty as the shooter

Therein lies the problem.

Knowing the vast levels of corruption that plague police departments in general, the lies, the deceit, the law-makers siding with officers, I no longer have faith in the justice system or the word of the police.

I trust neither.
It there is a problem, and you don't have confidence in police or justice system.....then don't call 911.....call your local social worker

Someone posted a link. Then a few people posted comments. Again taking away from this forum's listing as a "friendly community," and ignoring Admin's recent profile-post request to stop hateful rants, the thread took a turn into no-holds-barred venomous hatred toward law enforcement. And individuals who give "thumbs-up approval" to such posts are not much better- just continuing to feed the "trolls."

Taking a cue from Jerry's post, but with the opposite goal:
@AuntMarg and @win231: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU STUPID PEOPLE- WEREN'T YOU RAISED TO KNOW ANYTHING?!! If that's considered a personal attack, so are the sarcastic remarks and rants against police, military, veterans, and families thereof.

Individuals hiss and gripe about "kids these days" having no respect for anyone- look at the influences they're getting- are these the "values" you raised your kids with, that human lives do not matter and human lives are expendable as long as they're wearing a uniform?!

Well, my kids and their lives MATTER! My brother and his life MATTERS! and so do others in law enforcement and the military who wear the same uniforms or did so in the past.. and the families thereof!!

As most people are aware, "an eye for an eye" refers to a guilty party- not every individual who looks the same as a guilty party or is wearing the same clothing as a guilty party or has the same job as a guilty party.

What exactly did two individuals in Los Angeles have to do with the tragedy in Minneapolis or similar tragedies in other locations?! Nothing whatsoever- but with the warped mindset of certain members, simply wearing the uniform makes them "fair game." It's like saying some John Doe committed rape- so label all men sex offenders; or Ted Bundy was a serial killer so execute the entire state of Florida.

Both of you two need to figure out where such over-the-top hatred comes from, and, equally important, why you see fit to aim it at entire groups of people whom you've personally never known and know nothing about.

Even if the subject were not personal- which it is- I can't in good conscience remain a member of an otherwise-great forum where this type of viciousness is permitted. As I don't know how to do it, or if it's even possible, @Admin please delete/remove my account. I hate to leave so many good people behind, but as far as this forum goes it's like that modern expression: I'm done.

Someone posted a link. Then a few people posted comments. Again taking away from this forum's listing as a "friendly community," and ignoring Admin's recent profile-post request to stop hateful rants, the thread took a turn into no-holds-barred venomous hatred toward law enforcement. And individuals who give "thumbs-up approval" to such posts are not much better- just continuing to feed the "trolls."

Taking a cue from Jerry's post, but with the opposite goal:
@AuntMarg and @win231: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU STUPID PEOPLE- WEREN'T YOU RAISED TO KNOW ANYTHING?!! If that's considered a personal attack, so are the sarcastic remarks and rants against police, military, veterans, and families thereof.

Individuals hiss and gripe about "kids these days" having no respect for anyone- look at the influences they're getting- are these the "values" you raised your kids with, that human lives do not matter and human lives are expendable as long as they're wearing a uniform?!

Well, my kids and their lives MATTER! My brother and his life MATTERS! and so do others in law enforcement and the military who wear the same uniforms or did so in the past.. and the families thereof!!

As most people are aware, "an eye for an eye" refers to a guilty party- not every individual who looks the same as a guilty party or is wearing the same clothing as a guilty party or has the same job as a guilty party.

What exactly did two individuals in Los Angeles have to do with the tragedy in Minneapolis or similar tragedies in other locations?! Nothing whatsoever- but with the warped mindset of certain members, simply wearing the uniform makes them "fair game." It's like saying some John Doe committed rape- so label all men sex offenders; or Ted Bundy was a serial killer so execute the entire state of Florida.

Both of you two need to figure out where such over-the-top hatred comes from, and, equally important, why you see fit to aim it at entire groups of people whom you've personally never known and know nothing about.

Even if the subject were not personal- which it is- I can't in good conscience remain a member of an otherwise-great forum where this type of viciousness is permitted. As I don't know how to do it, or if it's even possible, @Admin please delete/remove my account. I hate to leave so many good people behind, but as far as this forum goes it's like that modern expression: I'm done.
LOL. Much like the 5-year-old who says, "I'm leaving and I'm never coming back!"

According to this young man’s motive, he was acting on behalf of BLM, which stands for, “Burn, Loot and Murder.”

People need to understand that BLM does not care about any black life. To them, each black person is a pawn for their real reason of existence. They are a political organization. They use each black person’s death, who were killed by the police to keep the revolution alive. It gives them empowerment by firing up the people that you see on TV doing what BLM does best. There is no difference between ANTIFA and BLM. They both have the same agenda.

Has anyone ever asked themself these questions, “Where do they get the money to pay for all of their expenses? Who is at the forefront of these organizations with the money? I heard on TV that some of these people that have been arrested in Chicago have also been arrested in New York and Portland. All on the same charges.

Anyone that is supportive of this person who shot these two Deputies has a sick, twisted mind. They (the Deputies) are someone’s daughter and son. Someone’s mother, sister, brother and so on. They have families. I read that the reward is over $600,000.00 for the person who attempted to assassinate the 2 Deputies.

According to this young man’s motive, he was acting on behalf of BLM, which stands for, “Burn, Loot and Murder.”

People need to understand that BLM does not care about any black life. To them, each black person is a pawn for their real reason of existence. They are a political organization. They use each black person’s death, who were killed by the police to keep the revolution alive. It gives them empowerment by firing up the people that you see on TV doing what BLM does best. There is no difference between ANTIFA and BLM. They both have the same agenda.
How can you possibly know the motive of every person in the Black Lives Matter movement? To suggest that the tens of thousands of peaceful BLM protestors had nefarious motives is unconscionable. Yes, a very small percentage of opportunists took advantage by burning & looting, but by and large the protests were peaceful.

@911, your post is prejudicial, based on hearsay ("I heard on TV") and disappointing beyond words.

p.s. Since nobody has been arrested for the heinous act of shooting those deputies, it's impossible to ascribe a motive. As a police officer, you should know that.

Has anyone ever asked themself these questions, “Where do they get the money to pay for all of their expenses? Who is at the forefront of these organizations with the money? I heard on TV that some of these people that have been arrested in Chicago have also been arrested in New York and Portland. All on the same charges.

Anyone that is supportive of this person who shot these two Deputies has a sick, twisted mind. They (the Deputies) are someone’s daughter and son. Someone’s mother, sister, brother and so on. They have families. I read that the reward is over $600,000.00 for the person who attempted to assassinate the 2 Deputies.
How can you possibly know the motive of every person in the Black Lives Matter movement? To suggest that the tens of thousands of peaceful BLM protestors had nefarious motives is unconscionable. Yes, a very small percentage of opportunists took advantage by burning & looting, but by and large the protests were peaceful.

@911, your post is prejudicial, based on hearsay ("I heard on TV") and disappointing beyond words.

p.s. Since nobody has been arrested for the heinous act of shooting those deputies, it's impossible to ascribe a motive. As a police officer, you should know that.
We can't expect anything less from a former police officer, A.K.A. "Hero."

That link doesn't work in Europe...so I'll post from the UK papers for those who cannot see your link to this story....

A man, 36, has been charged with attempted murder in the ambush shooting of two Compton police officers earlier this month, two weeks after he was involved in an armed standoff with cops over an alleged carjacking.
Deonte Lee Murray, 36, was charged Wednesday with two counts each of willful, deliberate and premeditated attempted murder of a peace officer and possession of a firearm by a felon after he allegedly walked up to a police cruiser and shot the two deputies multiple times on September 12.
Two officers - 31-year-old Claudia Apolinar and her 24-year-old male partner - were shot multiple times as they sat inside their patrol car outside the Metro Blue Line station at Willowbrook Avenue and Oak Street.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva and District Attorney Jackie Lacey in a press conference Wednesday morning identified Murray as the suspected gunman and said they believe he acted alone.
Murray, who authorities said 'hates' cops, has been in police custody since September 15 after a huge armed standoff in Lynwood over an alleged carjacking on September 1 where a 51-year-old man was shot in the leg.
Authorities at the time denied his arrest was connected to the ambush of the two cops despite the massive SWAT team presence and several law enforcement sources telling the media it was.
Police confirmed Wednesday the two incidents were related and said a gun discarded by Murray during the September 15 incident was the same one used in the cop shooting.
The vehicle the gunman fled from the ambush in is also allegedly the same black Mercedes Benz stolen in the September 1 carjacking that Murray was arrested for on September 15.

The suspect has a long criminal history that includes incarceration and an alleged carjacking in which he shot the victim in the leg. This carjacking took place about two weeks prior to when these sheriffs were shot. My point is that his actions were probably not motivated by recent the BLM movement.

"Along with the charges in the ambush, Murray has also been charged with one count of attempted murder in connection with the Sept. 1 carjacking, along with second-degree robbery and assault with a semiautomatic firearm. He also faces allegations of association with a criminal street gang, discharging a rifle inflicting great bodily injury and personal use of a rifle.

Murray has an extensive criminal history that includes convictions for sales of narcotics, firearm possession by a felon, burglary and terrorist threats. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted as charged."

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/202...sted-ambush-shooting-of-la-deputy-in-compton/

The suspect has a long criminal history that includes incarceration and an alleged carjacking in which he shot the victim in the leg. This carjacking took place about two weeks prior to when these sheriffs were shot. My point is that his actions were probably not motivated by recent the BLM movement.

"Along with the charges in the ambush, Murray has also been charged with one count of attempted murder in connection with the Sept. 1 carjacking, along with second-degree robbery and assault with a semiautomatic firearm. He also faces allegations of association with a criminal street gang, discharging a rifle inflicting great bodily injury and personal use of a rifle.

Murray has an extensive criminal history that includes convictions for sales of narcotics, firearm possession by a felon, burglary and terrorist threats. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison if convicted as charged."

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/202...sted-ambush-shooting-of-la-deputy-in-compton/

"My point is that his actions were probably not motivated by recent the BLM movement."

No, his actions were likely motivated by the fact that he's just a dirtbag!

I think that you are stereotyping. That may be the way civilians see the police, but I have never known a policeman or woman to shove their badge in someone's face thinking that they can do no wrong or get away with whatever because they carry a badge. You probably have never notice it, but the Pennsylvania State Police doesn't even wear a badge. When I worked as an Investigator, I did carry a badge.

This is not to say that some police may feel or act in a manner that reflects an image of arrogance or aloofness, but hopefully those that do are far and few between. The majority of police do not use their badge as a means to do as they damned well please.

I would just caution everyone to be careful with stereotyping police officers. The vast majority of us do not make the headlines.
No. But the vast majority of you DO support the ones who DO make the headlines.
And THAT makes you part of the problem.

Back