What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did something good for myself by mistake. I elevated my feet above my heart for 15 minutes on Friday. Yesterday, I did it for more time. It has relieved some of my pain, in my legs & lower back. It gave relief! Not overwhelmingly so, but I'll take it!
I try to do that twice a day for at least an hour each time. It does help.

emoticon

Hi everyone....I'm still alive, and everyone is ok, including The Girls and Andy.

The ice storm hit us last Tue afternoon. The next morning we woke up to 10 inches of snow on top of the ice, trees down everywhere, and no electricity.

Our power didn't come back on until late Fri afternoon.

We were happy to finally be able to take showers!
emoticon

After 3 days without electricity, we were ready for some fun. So even though we were both exhausted, we decided to do our regular weekend at the roller rink. I'm really glad that we were able to go, since we are expecting another week of cr*p weather!!! 😱

So now you know why I haven't been around lately. I hope everyone has been well and stayed safe! I'll be back later, if I can.

As much as I don’t want to go out in the cold today…..I must.
Have to renew…
Annual Vehicle insurance…..$1350.00
Annual house insurance…..$1100.00
Drivers license……$35.00
Pick up a fill on a medication.
In extreme cold like this, I leave my vehicle running while doing my things.

This is going to be a fun day. My favorite galfriend is stopping in on her way home from Boston to have a healthy lunch with me, and a giant gabfest.

So, must get to the bank, donate some clothes to Next-To-New, fill my SUV up with gas, then home to wait for my guest.
Did I mention she is bringing sage to burn to clear my home of bad energy? The previous tenants were less than desirable, and I think they left residue behind. We are gonna fix that, ASAP!

Not long back from being out shopping in the Glorious sunshine. Didn't even need a coat, just wore a sweater and a body-warmer, and even then I was really hot.. The sky is as blue as a summer sky.... Had an all day brunch at the pub with my friend, and the only table available was right next to the hot radiator..*Phew* 😨 .. .. took photos but for some reason my iphone is not automatically uploading them to my Mac.. ..can't figure out why it's not doing it..

Received a text from my local language partner, about the nonfiction (e.g., philosophy) book club he's starting. This is a hands-on town (hunting, golf, crafts). Even the library’s book club is a cook book club! Some people are starving for a different kind of shared activity.

Monday is my "day off": no language practice and no trivia game. I'll probably do my exercises and a bit of housework, and compile some trivia questions. Then the day will be over.

MAYBE I'll watch the movie I downloaded, *The Conversation* (1974, Francis Ford Coppola).

I'm tempted to walk down to the store and buy some more of the delicious shortbread that was marked down after Christmas. But my gut really can't handle it. I get quite bored with the few things I can safely eat. All you scone and potato chip eaters, have one for me!

I've decided that all my photo albums are too much. I've currently scanning all the pictures, keeping those pictures that mean the most to me, and letting the rest go.
Decluttering is my goal this year. To donate items that I no longer, need, want or use. Everything should have a second chance.

I've decided that all my photo albums are too much. I've currently scanning all the pictures, keeping those pictures that mean the most to me, and letting the rest go.
Decluttering is my goal this year. To donate items that I no longer, need, want or use. Everything should have a second chance.
I donate regularly,.. on average probably every couple of months...

I am waiting for two deliveries, two new phones from Amazon, and a beautiful red oriental rug from Wayfair. It is marked down to almost nothing. Didn’t really sleep last night, so I got up did laundry, changed my bed, cleaned up cat box twice. Sassafras, my pale peach cat, loves his cat water fountain, drinks a great deal of water. Pees like a racehorse. lol Of course, I now clean cat box twice as often as before I purchased it. Lol. Then I did dishes. More

laundry churning away in the dryer. I have replaced fabric softener with dryer balls. Tennis ball sized wool balls which do the job very well, last a long time, and don’t pollute. I am very tired, so much so, that while I was talking to a friend, my brain slid sideways, and I informed her that “I am having lemon Germans for lunch.” She roared with laughter, and promptly suggested I book a competency test…..Hmmm. I am not really a cannibal. 😁

Today ...Knitting...

Yesterday I cast on 20 stitches. Got about four rows done . Still got 20 stitches....yay!!
It was not easy but dang I won't be put off ...
The thumb that isn't there behaved quite nicely. Sceaming at me right now:eek: but I am listening to the theme
from movie ..The Notebook..so soothing

Today , I will try some fancy stitches.
Right now I am stopping for some lunch and do wish I had some croissants and scones but will settle for egg salad on toast.
Laters
big thumb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back