What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool and a little rainy today so will be staying in. DH has to take some shirts to the screen printer for a couple of orders, but I'll run some laundry, attack the ever-growing pile of paperwork on my desk, start some soup and hang out with the dog (who's mostly indifferent to humans and fellow dogs, but I keep trying).

Made a call to Verizon about noise on the phone landline. Appointment for tomorrow 8 AM to 9 PM. It was an automated call but went smoothly. Tried to do it online but kept getting a runaround back to where I started in the first place. I miss the days when you got to speak to a fellow human. I miss Ma Bell too.

I am waiting for two deliveries, two new phones from Amazon, and a beautiful red oriental rug from Wayfair. It is marked down to almost nothing. Didn’t really sleep last night, so I got up did laundry, changed my bed, cleaned up cat box twice. Sassafras, my pale peach cat, loves his cat water fountain, drinks a great deal of water. Pees like a racehorse. lol Of course, I now clean cat box twice as often as before I purchased it. Lol. Then I did dishes. More

laundry churning away in the dryer. I have replaced fabric softener with dryer balls. Tennis ball sized wool balls which do the job very well, last a long time, and don’t pollute. I am very tired, so much so, that while I was talking to a friend, my brain slid sideways, and I informed her that “I am having lemon Germans for lunch.” She roared with laughter, and promptly suggested I book a competency test…..Hmmm. I am not really a cannibal. 😁
I asked Sassafras if he wanted lemon Germans for lunch also? His response, “not unless they are dried, he prefers kibble.” Oh boy, I need to go to bed, I am getting too silly. 😁

Been to the grocery store, bought stuff to make Red Lentil Dal with spinach, tomatoes and onions. Love fresh spinach but it is a pain to wash the sand off the leaves, de-stem and dry on a towel. But worth it (ultimately) to have the lovely emerald color in soups/stews (large leaves) and a bunch (small/tender leaves) tucked away in a paper towel-lined zip lock bag, ready to grab and add to sandwiches and wraps.

Been in touch with long-time friends (haven't seen since COVID started +) and working on getting together. =D One's in Savannah--day trip-- and the other's in Seattle. Would love to get back there (WA) in June and stroll through the public rose garden in Fremont, the Kobuto Gardens, and the International district, my fave part of Seattle.

So re the knitting...
Got a fair bit done.....different stitch patterns and did not say a swear word once but had to stop as I was getting very tense.
Not good for the nerve damage.
I will take pic and get some evaluation from you expert knitting ladies.
I may be able to do a long narrow scarf.
Something to do to while the time away.
Time for coffee now...where is my cranberry scone @Georgiagranny ?

. I have replaced fabric softener with dryer balls. Tennis ball sized wool balls which do the job very well, last a long time, and don’t pollute.
I’ve used ones made from alpaca wool for years. Occasionally I threw something fuzzy in the dryer and it clung to the balls. My DD put the three balls in one of those large, mesh laundry bag. Works great for no fuzz and saves having to search for ‘lost’ balls that were usually in the hem of the fitted sheets.

Three loads of laundry. Decided to make muffins. Started reading online recipes and an hour later there was almost a decision, then found out all the butter was frozen. I spend more time reading the recipes than actually making anything. Maybe tomorrow, maybe not.
Your post reminds me that I'm out of pumpkin muffins. I usually have some in the freezer, but not now. Guess we'll have to finish up some of the Christmas cookies stashed in there before I make something else. It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it. :love:

I've never let frozen butter stop me - microwaves solve that problem in a jiffy.

Your post reminds me that I'm out of pumpkin muffins.
Initially I was thinking of oatmeal and then it was pumpkin. I think I’ll make the ones from Once Upon a Chef. At first I thought there was too much sugar in her recipe. After reading other recipes, it’s almost like she’s a health nut. 1.5 cups for 2 loaves isn’t too bad in comparison. One recipe had 3+ cups for a dozen muffins and it had rave reviews. I don’t want to go to the store for applesauce.

Guess I could have used the microwave. Next time.

Initially I was thinking of oatmeal and then it was pumpkin. I think I’ll make the ones from Once Upon a Chef. At first I thought there was too much sugar in her recipe. After reading other recipes, it’s almost like she’s a health nut. 1.5 cups for 2 loaves isn’t too bad in comparison. One recipe had 3+ cups for a dozen muffins and it had rave reviews. I don’t want to go to the store for applesauce.

Guess I could have used the microwave. Next time.
You mentioned applesauce, Jules……where ever I can, I use unsweetened apple sauce to be able to cut way down on the sugar.

The knitting..tadah...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
now don't all rush me for scarves ladies...four stitch types.
Stocking Stitch, Garter Stitch, Dropped Stitch and I don't know name of the other one
Well ya know I had to do sumthin to keep in line with all you marvellous scone and muffin and croissant baker ladies.

knit.jpeg

Stocking Stitch, Garter Stitch, Dropped Stitch and I don't know name of the other one
Well ya know I had to do sumthin to keep in line with all you marvellous scone and muffin and croissant baker ladies.

View attachment 265581
Beautiful work….you’ve got this mastered.

Today our Son is coming up so that Mrs Oy can help him with his annual tax return. Nothing like last minute - he has a whole three days left before the deadline. I though I was pushing it doing mine the first week in January :ROFLMAO:

We'll be going out for lunch when they arrive - and when the fiddly tax stuff starts I'll think of some reason to grab a camera and naff off for a few hours 😇
I thought the deadline for taxes was in mid April. :unsure: What am I missing?

View attachment 265581
well that's as good as any that I can do with All my fingers... ..you're an inspiration.

Last edited:
So re the knitting...
Got a fair bit done.....different stitch patterns and did not say a swear word once but had to stop as I was getting very tense.
Not good for the nerve damage.
I will take pic and get some evaluation from you expert knitting ladies.
I may be able to do a long narrow scarf.
Something to do to while the time away.
Time for coffee now...where is my cranberry scone @Georgiagranny ?
That is fantastic. I was hoping that you'd do a follow-up post about your knitting adventures. Glad you did!

Are you right or left handed, and which hand has the wayward, not-totally cooperative 'thumb?'
Which stitches did you do, or do you have in mind?

If this is too much to discuss here, we could take the topic over to the hobby and craft section?:giggle:

Have you ever crocheted as well? I too had preferred knitting, but went back to crochet, due to hand difficulties. I also use fatter handled crochet hooks, now.

:geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back