What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanting and praying for the State of California people to find Peace, Tranquility and Serenity.

Honestly, flabbergasted with the news... 3 Mass shootings during the Chinese Lunar New Year... What's going on? So so sad...

A 4.2 magnitude earthquake around Southern California, around their 2am local time. Scary!

And no less than 3 extremely long (over 1 hour+) of pursuits of cars wanted for various crimes.

Geez, these people need us to send them, good thoughts, correct? Give them relief now!

Wanting and praying for the State of California people to find Peace, Tranquility and Serenity.

Honestly, flabbergasted with the news... 3 Mass shootings during the Chinese Lunar New Year... What's going on? So so sad...

A 4.2 magnitude earthquake around Southern California, around their 2am local time. Scary!

And no less than 3 extremely long (over 1 hour+) of pursuits of cars wanted for various crimes.

Geez, these people need us to send them, good thoughts, correct? Give them relief now!
Actually, @Supernatural, a 4.2 quake is really just a vigorous tremor for most Californians (I grew up there). I was in the 6.2 quake in the early 70's in LA and I know there's been other's in the 8's in other parts of the state. No fun.

Another cold day with some rain earlier. We went for a walk and got a few chores done.

The two friends I was meant to meet up with this week both phoned to say "It's raining and so cold, shall we move it to next week?" Obviously I didn't tell them that I was going to suggest the same thing :ROFLMAO:

A good day, even though snow and ice are keeping me inside. Had an in depth phone call from one of my besties, discussing her trips and when she gets near me on her drive home she will stop for dinner on Monday.

I am gathering my tax info to do tax return. I love this, it is stimulating and I can't wait to begin. I hope a couple of my neighbors ask for my help again this year. I do theirs for free, of course.

I also set up a movie date for Friday with a friend to see A Man Called Otto. Looking forward to the film and the meal planned afterward.

Who knows what this afternoon may bring. It's all good.

Actually, @Supernatural, a 4.2 quake is really just a vigorous tremor for most Californians (I grew up there). I was in the 6.2 quake in the early 70's in LA and I know there's been other's in the 8's in other parts of the state. No fun.
Yea, the one in San Francisco or San Diego during a baseball game in late 80s. The people and the cars in the Pancaked bridge. I don't remember the exact magnitude but it was on the news. I believe it was the year our daughter was born.

I agree with Robin Williams (RIP) California is God's etch-a-sketch. The film Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones, seriously it can happen and too many people will suffer. We live on such an active planet. IMHO some places shouldn't be inhabited, way too risky!

Please take care of you and yours dear @CinnamonSugar . Blessed be!

I could swear that I posted this morning. Maybe not?

Anyway, another day/another dollar. I'm off tomorrow. New person was off today for a doctor's appointment. She told me yesterday that she has to have a knee replacement. What? And she'll be able to stand for six hours at a time in the bakery? Anyway, she's working tomorrow when I'm off so that's a good thing because it's a day that I won't have to train...I'm the world's worst teacher.

Roast beast for dinner tonight for DSIL because he got my new phone set up and because tonight after dinner he's going to do my taxes. We're even having Brussels sprouts, and who cares if he and I are the only ones who like them?

Maybe I'll get some $$ back from the IRS. Maybe I won't even have to pay (much) to the State of Georgia. Let us all face the East for a moment of silent prayer and keep our fingers crossed.

My not-very-strenuous errands yesterday sapped my strength. Today I slept in a bit, then had a lazy morning.

Even though I exercise, I feel I'm getting out of shape. I need to figure out a way to improve my cardio without putting stress on my knees (and without spending money). This afternoon I'm going to experiment with rowing movements using a resistance band/loop.

Also, I bought light hand weights yesterday, so I'll start using them during other routines.

Tonight I host the trivia game.

All in all I'm satisfied with my new home, although it could use some tweaks. The neighborhood is much quieter.

The pain in my eye subsided around Christmas, but the vision in it is not good. It's like looking trough waxed paper and it's distorted. On my last visit to the eye surgeon she said that's probably as good as it's going to get.
Sorry to hear you don’t have better results with your eye.
Is there anything that could still be done, Deb.

Been heavy rain all day today. Not really done anything apart from the usual chores. Took delivery of all 3 Hardback books.. they came in 2 different deliveries.. I only knew 2 of them were here when I opened the door to the Amazon delivery of the 3rd one.. and saw the first 2 books had been left on the doorstep in the pouring rain.
Hadn't rung the bell or knocked... very annoying, they so easily could have been stolen. Fortunately they were not soaked through to the books themselves..

Last edited:
@Mizmo and @hollydolly and anybody else who's interested...I'm gonna make cranberry orange scones tomorrow morning with the last of the cranberries. They'll be ready around 9ish.

And dang! That roast beast smells wonderful. The mashed potatoes have been done for hours and are waiting in a bowl to be nuked when it's time to eat.
Well I'll race @Mizmo to those scones... :LOL:

@Mizmo and @hollydolly and anybody else who's interested...I'm gonna make cranberry orange scones tomorrow morning with the last of the cranberries. They'll be ready around 9ish.

And dang! That roast beast smells wonderful. The mashed potatoes have been done for hours and are waiting in a bowl to be nuked when it's time to eat.
Well we are in the midst of a snowstorm. It is a white wilderness out there today so I guess @hollydolly is gonna beat me to it but.....you can freeze for me and oh I can almost smell that roast beef . Just soup for me tonight and I bought some frozen Chapmans Ice Cream cones which have a stick of chocolate right down the middle to the bottom of the cone and it is all sprinkly with gorgeous stuff so I will be somewhat comforted...
hot cone.gif

Well we are in the midst of a snowstorm. It is a white wilderness out there today so I guess @hollydolly is gonna beat me to it but.....you can freeze for me and oh I can almost smell that roast beef . Just soup for me tonight and I bought some frozen Chapmans Ice Cream cones which have a stick of chocolate right down the middle to the bottom of the cone and it is all sprinkly with gorgeous stuff so I will be somewhat comforted...
View attachment 264732
I had ice-cream tonight as well. Chocolate mint Vienetta, with fresh pouring cream, and strawberries... :p:p

My son is coming over, just him, for the day. We have stuff to do. For some reason, I made sure to dress nicer than I do for my grandson, and even am wearing my best earrings.

I know your are thrilled. It is hard to get time with my son, alone. I love my DIL and grandson but I like being to have my son all to myself once in a while. I need that time.

I made soup today to freeze for company next month.
Got out an afghan I'm determined to finish. My husband's aunt started it in maybe the 90's. She passed away and it came to me many years ago since I crochet. All the yarn was not there but when my MIL passed away in 2020, we cleaned out her house and the rest of the yarn turned up! I've been working on it slowly. I had to figure out which hook to use to get the same gauge as her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back