What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we took Li'l Bit to the county fair exhibit building to meet with our trainer. It was nice to work inside in such a large open space. She says that Bit is one of the smartest dogs she has worked with. Me, not so much. Anyway the dog is making great progress. I've been working in the shop, and getting a lot done on the milling machine project, and got the bedroom fireplace working like it should. Starting to get excited about our upcoming six week hiatus to Arizona.

Last edited:
I am guessing that Li'l bit is a working dog, a herder? Where are you going in Arizona? Is this a normal trip you do every year, second home there? I love the state but I have only been to the Scottsdale/Phoenix area for any length of time. We did drive upto Tucson to meet a relative but did not get to see much of the area.

There was a town we went to Fountain Hills outside of Scottsdale, very nice. Lots of great food options in the Scottsdale area. Loved the cold clear mornings to take a walk.

Oh. Em. Gee.

Kroger effed up and took out less than half the taxes that should have been withheld. I. OWE. A. LOT. OF. MONEY.💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸

I guess I should count my blessings. Kroger's "new and improved" payroll system has left some employees all over the country (!!!!yes, that's what I said!!!!) without paychecks at all for six weeks and more. About two weeks ago I read about Kroger employees suing...yup...that's what it's all about.

We had a payroll system that worked just fine. Apparently, corporate management decided that the old saw "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is just a bunch of silly words, so they proceeded to "fix" what already worked.

That's why an EF is called an emergency fund. What the heck, I didn't need it for anything else anyway, right? The IRS isn't getting one red cent, not one thin dime, for me before deadline on April 15.

Oh. Em. Gee.

Kroger effed up and took out less than half the taxes that should have been withheld. I. OWE. A. LOT. OF. MONEY.💸💸💸💸💸💸💸💸

I guess I should count my blessings. Kroger's "new and improved" payroll system has left some employees all over the country (!!!!yes, that's what I said!!!!) without paychecks at all for six weeks and more. About two weeks ago I read about Kroger employees suing...yup...that's what it's all about.

We had a payroll system that worked just fine. Apparently, corporate management decided that the old saw "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is just a bunch of silly words, so they proceeded to "fix" what already worked.

That's why an EF is called an emergency fund. What the heck, I didn't need it for anything else anyway, right? The IRS isn't getting one red cent, not one thin dime, for me before deadline on April 15.

I would think that if Kroger did not collect the correct amount in payroll deductions for taxes, that it should be Kroger that now has to pay any taxes or penalties. You may have to pay the taxes due but all the employees afffected should ban together and file a class action lawsuit. It is time that corportate America has to be responsible for their actions, not throw it on their workers. The IRS has nothing to do with it, the blame falls to Kroger for not collecting and submitting the correct amount for employees. The sad thing is that they will probaby get away with it. You did not say if your paystub indicates the correct amount that should be taken out for taxes as required by law. Were the funds taken but not sent in to the IRS but absorbed by the company or a top level executive was able to access tha money

I napped a little later than usual so didn't get up and start moving around again until 10 a.m. As many of you know, I'm up doing things in the middle of the night. I watched some shows until it was time to gussy up for my video shoot. Nothing fancy but I wanted to look decent. The video was taken by my son to be sent to "T" (as I call her), a good friend who is also in the music business. She will be producing a music video for one of my songs. It is the only one with words...well technically a word, that is said in different ways by my son, my honorary daughter (HD) and me. The two of them filmed each other for the video weekend before last. I don't like myself on camera, much less in videos. After viewing the footage, I decided not to use it. We were confined to a small space within the apartment that has a white wall (required for T's editing since we don't have a green screen) and had to do a close up, much closer than I'm comfortable with. When my son and HD filmed themselves they were outside and their shots were not that close.

I had to spend little time on Facebook to find and post pictures honoring the birthdays today of four family members, including my late birth mother and one of my grandsons. "T" and I talked briefly this evening about the concept for my video. Here is the video she produced of the song she and Wornell (male vocalist) wrote. Very nice music! Considering that Wornell and Argie weren't even in the same country when they performed their parts, I think T did a great job on the video. Wornell, who is a good friend of hers, lives in Japan. Argie is in the states.

Last edited:
Yes, she's a Stumpy Tailed Australian Heeler, although the only real work she does is keeping an eye on me, and all the local critters. this will be our first extended stay in Arizona, and we'll be staying about 25 miles east of Yuma. We sold are home in the Caribbean earlier this year after spending the last twenty winters there, so checking out Arizona this winter, but no more second homes in our future. As I'm a bit of a workaholic, renting will allow me to actually be on vacation, and not doing yet another house project.

I am guessing that Li'l bit is a working dog, a herder? Where are you going in Arizona? Is this a normal trip you do every year, second home there?

I napped a little later than usual so didn't get up and start moving around again until 10 a.m. As many of you know, I'm up doing things in the middle of the night. I watched some shows until it was time to gussy up for my video shoot. Nothing fancy but I wanted to look decent. The video was taken by my son to be sent to "T" (as I call her), a good friend who is also in the music business. She will be producing a music video for one of my songs. It is the only one with words...well technically a word, that is said in different ways by my son, my honorary daughter (HD) and me. The two of them filmed each other for the video weekend before last. I don't like myself on camera, much less in videos. After viewing the footage, I decided not to use it. We were confined to a small space within the apartment that has a white wall (required for T's editing since we don't have a green screen) and had to do a close up, much closer than I'm comfortable with. When my son and HD filmed themselves they were outside and their shots were not that close.

I had to spend little time on Facebook to find and post pictures honoring the birthdays today of four family members, including my late birth mother and one of my grandsons. "T" and I talked briefly this evening about the concept for my video. Here is the video she produced of the song she and Wornell (male vocalist) wrote. Very nice music! Considering that Wornell and Argie weren't even in the same country when they performed their parts, I think T did a great job on the video. Wornell, who is a good friend of hers, lives in Japan. Argie is in the states.

I must admit I have not heard that one in along time "getting gussied up" for an occasion. Always heard it growing up in the south but would have never suspected to hear it up north. My Mom would always say " Are'nt you just a picture, all gussied up" when we went out on a special date in our finest outfit, perfect hair and make up. Took hours to get ready to go on even an ordinary date.

Well, no more of that, I have a hard time just putting on clothes to go out, would much rather stay in my PJs and robe all the time. lol.

Yes, she's a Stumpy Tailed Australian Heeler, although the only real work she does is keeping an eye on me, and all the local critters. this will be our first extended stay in Arizona, and we'll be staying about 25 miles east of Yuma. We sold are home in the Caribbean earlier this year after spending the last twenty winters there, so checking out Arizona this winter, but no more second homes in our future. As I'm a bit of a workaholic, renting will allow me to actually be on vacation, and not doing yet another house project.

I have not been to that area of Arizona, so I can't give any recommendations. I could not even imagine having a place in the Caribbean, I think I would have moved there full time. I love the water. Ocean, river, lake, stream, shoot I would even love a nice pond. I hope you find the perfect place to rent for little vacations. Funny, you men, always have to something going on, some little project. If you take a rental you should look at sources of entertainment that would keep you busy there.

Yahrzeit candle - Wikipedia

In memory of my mother

Stayed in bed until 6:30. I guess I was exhausted from reeling about the ##@!$%&*! taxes. We didn't even try to figure state income tax, but I've almost always had to pay a little to the state. What I'm thinking is that if I have to shell out hundreds to the IRS, then state tax is going to be underfunded as well.

There are employees who've gotten no checks, checks for the amount of the taxes instead of for the wages earned, checks shorted by varying amounts.

Thinking about changing my withholding but am afraid that any change will trigger something that will mean I'll be one of those people whose paychecks get screwed up even more.

I wish I could not think about this.

Gonna be cold today but the sun will be out. And I have those tasty scones to look forward to...

I just did something horrible to my cat Buffy. Every morning she follows me around, crying, for food. I usually wait until 8 am because I like her company, and I have to make sure she is really hungry so I do not waste a can. Anyway, she was crying, I yelled "STOP" and she looked at me with a hurt face and walked away. I don't hear her. She didn't look scared, she looked hurt.

I've got to admit my nerves are shot, have been this way a couple of days and I don't know why. Well, maybe I do. I'll make it up with Buffy, I just surprised myself with the loud outburst.

I just did something horrible to my cat Buffy. Every morning she follows me around, crying, for food. I usually wait until 8 am because I like her company, and I have to make sure she is really hungry so I do not waste a can. Anyway, she was crying, I yelled "STOP" and she looked at me with a hurt face and walked away. I don't hear her. She didn't look scared, she looked hurt.

I've got to admit my nerves are shot, have been this way a couple of days and I don't know why. Well, maybe I do. I'll make it up with Buffy, I just surprised myself with the loud outburst.
what's the matter Peps... has something happened recently to get you all on edge ?

I'm in terrible physical pain. I can barely walk outside, the concrete shocks my legs into waves of agony. I have two doctor appointments next week, Monday and Tuesday to try to deal with this. I may not make Tuesday's as Monday's doc might rush me to the hospital, as I'm sure my leg stents have become ineffective. Monday is the cardio guy. Tuesday I'm supposed to get cortisone shot for lower back from my pain guy. I have so many of these guys in my life.

I honestly don't know if this is the reason for my mental outlook, which is not good; however it sure does not help.

Morning all....up at 330am again today, dunno why my
sleep pattern is shot to hell...sorta achy today for some reason
perhaps cause I'm old, body about worn out...Sister near chicago sez she is having breast lump removed couple weeks, hope she does okay, seems it is not cancer....dishes to do again today...scripts coming from pharmacy later...found out my
mild anti deprssion pill is causing this damn itchy rash on my body...so stopping those already...18deg now brrrr, old bod cannot handle this cold very well...Pepper hope you get some relief....take care....bye all...dishes are calling!!!!!

Yesterday……dropped off a large bag of stuff at my foster daughters……when I ran into her last Friday at the grocery store, she said she’d pick it up, Saturday, with her sister who has a vehicle…..she never showed up…..and not heard from her…..so I dropped it off, knocked and knocked on the door……guess they didn’t hear as usual…..left the bag there, and left.

Last nite I delivered the adult colour books and colour pencils, to the persons I gifted them to.
They were very happy to receive them.

Just for the record…..my complaining mode again…..has been a month since hearing from my foster daughter…..she has no phone, busted.
I’m not even counting when I ran into her at the grocery store last Friday, she said next to nothing, except for usual excuses.
No…..how’s my back…..no….how are you doing…..no…..do you need help with anything…..end of story.

I could do some extra shovelling today, to get caught up…..forecasted more snow for today and tomorrow.
But…….
My sewing machine looks a whole lot more interesting than the snow shovel…..will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back