What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
emoticon

I slept in this morning. After 2 early (and busy!) days at the rink, I needed it!

Friday, the first school party was 5th and 6th graders.....and lots of them! When they left, we had 45 minutes to clean up and eat, then the 7th and 8th graders piled in! It was fun, but tiring.

We got up early again on Sat, for a private party. This was probably the easiest party ever!!! The b-day girl was 18 yrs old, and she had 7 friends with her. All they wanted to do was skate....no games, no cake, no nothing. They bought a few drinks, but other than that they just had fun on their own! When they were leaving, everyone commented on what a great time they had!!! Ooooh, I wish all parties were that easy, and still fun!
When they left, there wasn't even anything to clean up! We had a two hour break before we opened up to the public, so I took that opportunity to skate for a bit......loved every minute of it!

The public session was unbelievably busy!!!! We usually have around 80-90 skaters on a Sat afternoon and that keeps me very busy in the snack bar. Yesterday, we had 184 skaters!!!! All of those people!!!! It was busier than the school parties!!! 😲 My line at the snack bar was about halfway across the room! Plus I had 2 b-day parties (35 guests total) to take care of!!! I guess you could say that I was a bit busy!

Today, the rink is closed, so I get to recover! 😴💤💤

It's abnormally cold out. Last night we went down to 19°F/-7.2°C, and we are expecting a high of 44°F/6.6°C! Burrrrr!! This is NOT Arkansas weather!!!! And my poor flowers!!! 😢

I'm not sure what I'll do today, but it will be an indoor activity, that's for sure! Maybe some mending.....maybe some procrastinating! 😁 Once I'm more awake I may even come back and catch up on some of your posts. For now, it's almost lunch time, and I haven't even had breakfast, yet!
emoticon
I guess I had better get moving.

emoticon
to everyone! 💖

@Trila So what did you do in your spare time:ROFLMAO:

Apropos your flowers, I have a thing called a "planket" for covering the flowers. It was a huge size...don't remember the dimensions...so I cut it into smaller pieces and used garden stakes to hold them down. They'll stay there until Tuesday when I'm off work.

Got the planket from Home Depot. You can probably get on Amazon or from Lowe's, too.

@Trila So what did you do in your spare time:ROFLMAO:

Apropos your flowers, I have a thing called a "planket" for covering the flowers. It was a huge size...don't remember the dimensions...so I cut it into smaller pieces and used garden stakes to hold them down. They'll stay there until Tuesday when I'm off work.

Got the planket from Home Depot. You can probably get on Amazon or from Lowe's, too.
🛼I skate in my spare time!! 😁

My "gardens" are a too big to cover. I would if I could! But thanks, anyway.
IMG_20230306_122735.jpg

I'm bushed. Went along with DD to run an errand and to bring DGD some groceries.

Why is it that just an hour or two with DD, mostly sitting on my como se llama in the car, exhausts me, but I can stand on my feet and run back and forth in the bakery for six hours without collapsing?

Well it's been a strange day.. odd weather patterns..rain then sun, then grey dull skies..

This evening I got more stuff cleared out .. and sorted. Found a load of world money that I've brought home from Various travels over the years ... the Turkish Lira were worthless basically when I brought them home, and now I discover the exchange rate is higher, and I've got over £6,000 lira which is approximately £260... , that's cheered me up.. I might go to Turkey this year .lol..

It’s almost 7:30 pm here…. I was watching a movie when #3 son comes in with his face all abashed, hugs me and says, “I’m sorry I didn’t realize it was Mother’s Day”

I replied, “it’s Mother’s Day on the UK but not here for another couple months”

Now he’s really bumfuzzled lol. Oh well ni got an extra mothers hug, so it’s all good 😆

It’s almost 7:30 pm here…. I was watching a movie when #3 son comes in with his face all abashed, hugs me and says, “I’m sorry I didn’t realize it was Mother’s Day”

I replied, “it’s Mother’s Day on the UK but not here for another couple months”

Now he’s really bumfuzzled lol. Oh well ni got an extra mothers hug, so it’s all good 😆
I wonder what number 3 son has been reading that makes him think it was Mothers' day in the US :sneaky::D

I wonder what number 3 son has been reading that makes him think it was Mothers' day in the US :sneaky::D
Idk, @hollydolly It may have been a UK-based article or video he didn't realize the difference (he admits he doesn't keep up with holidays very well) He also has several friends he chats with internationally; maybe one of them mentioned it, not specifying the UK

I already did it, I guess!

I lounged on the balcony for as long as I could -- before the sun went around the building and it was too chilly. This will be a problem in the summer too, but for a different reason: When the balcony is in shade, the mosquitos come out. This is Canada.
61f1c649ac7f0a819de46ad68764f839.jpg

I rearranged a couple of things, in accordance with seasonal change. Jury rigged a shelf.

Completed my exercises, hosted the trivia game, made a large batch of beef (for 3 meals).

I'll have a look at the documents I was sent for tomorrow's board meeting.

Talk to my language partner, and done.

Today my aide will be here so I am making a list for her. Before she gets here though I am making mayonnaise and cornbread chaffles and grinding coffee beans. I want to be done with that before she gets here.

Will be doing my morning walk......laps around the hall of my floor. Up to 9 laps now. I of course, am using a walker when doing it, but at least I am moving and doing it almost every day since January. When the weather gets nice, we are still going to be doing this in here. I plan on spending more time outside then but will do both.

Missed telling everyone Happy Mothers Day yesterday because I was focused on other things. So Happy Mothers Day to all!

Spring is finally here..........

Received notification of our state pensions this morning. Yes, it's 10% up on last year, but since the amount you can earn without paying tax hasn't risen, we end up paying more tax.

On the more positive side, the weather isn't too bad and I'll get some work done in the garden. Mrs.L has ordered some Raspberry canes and strawberry plants. They won't be delivered for a while, but there's plenty of other things to do before then.

Cooking Chilli con carne for dinner.

Morning folks!!! a cool start of 33F today, up to 60 later on...
don't think any rain today....maybe will get to that laundry I've
put off for couple days...nothing else really..busy wildlife last
eve, stray cats 2, foxes 2, raccoon 1, groundhogs 2, so I have
lot of traffic!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back