What are you going to do when you can no longer live alone?

If they haul me off, I'm gonna take full advantage
Gonna play a bit of grabass with whatever comely nurse tends me
Cop a dementia plea
'Oh'..... 'Where am I?'.....'thought you were my wife'

If they haul me off, I'm gonna take full advantage
Gonna play a bit of grabass with whatever comely nurse tends me
Cop a dementia plea
'Oh'..... 'Where am I?'.....'thought you were my wife'
That's funny, Gary O, you sound like my hubby's grandfather. That's what he did...gave the nurses heck and they would threaten him with "no fudgesicle " or whatever they had for a snack.

I doubt if I'll ever live alone. One of my adult sons is living with me here. And I like the arrangement.
Same for me here Falcon...guess I should count my blessings even tho my son has lots of issues that are hard to deal with but he's slowly working them out and getting his driver's license back after ten years...
I'm looking forward to being the passenger and not the driver in the future for doc appt's and errands...

Nautilus, are you sure you would have nothing to live for? Maybe a little extra time to find yourself? You have worth and purpose still left until you are taken home.

We've been married 50 years. Financially, we're in good shape. I will almost certainly die first so my wife will have what she needs. However, she is a cancer survivor...or so they say. It's possible that it could return. My wife is my life and I'm a quality of life person. She goes, we go. I mean it.
Nautilus, I understand your line of thought, if Sweetie goes I would not have a reason to exist and my family have all moved away and I will never live in a nursing home.

We have 2 children....Our son, his wife and 2 grown children....They live 2 blocks from me....
My daughter and her husband have 2 children, boy is in college and girl in high school....
I live with my husband and will stay together until something happens that one of us will be left alone....
We discussed this when he had a heart attack, he survived....He then had Cancer....He is doing well....Thank God....
I know if I die first he would still live alone....If he dies first, I would be able to live alone...
We did discuss this subject with our children....They both have nice homes, but I wouldn't want to live with them...
If the day comes, I'll figure it out.....(I will never live in a nursing home) My kids told me already, they would never put me there....
So, What will be, will be.....

That is a very good question. God forbid my husband pass before me, I have a daughter, she is 27 years old. I asked her at one time, would I be able to live with her if I need to..she told me, I will make sure you have someplace to stay.. so I guess that is NO...lol. But if she has a big house - which she will, I feel she will allow me to stay with her. I also have 2 sons. One live out of town..would not want to live there..and the other will take me in but....no. I also have nieces, grand nieces and nephews and grand nephews. I feel I will be AOK. I will not end up in a nursing home...that I know for sure. I will always be in physical and mental good health.. I will EAT DRINK AND BE MERRY. I will be GOOD :love::cool::)

We've been married 50 years. Financially, we're in good shape. I will almost certainly die first so my wife will have what she needs. However, she is a cancer survivor...or so they say. It's possible that it could return. My wife is my life and I'm a quality of life person. She goes, we go. I mean it.
That's deep Nautilus.... And I do get it!!!

I wonder how many people in nursing homes once said, "They will never put me in a nursing home."
A LOT!!!
My mom (God rest her Soul) told us never to put her in a nursing home. She was in a Assit living facility - she had a nice place and she was in bed a lot. She had a porta potty in her bedroom. They had her sign forms to be in a nursing home because they felt if a fire was to break out she would not get out alive. I was not there so not sure if she knew what she was signing. I would not have signed it.

Back