What Did You Have For Breakfast?

Radish Rose: Interesting comment re same breakfast almost every day. My reasons:

1. After our morning walk, I am too hungry to spend time making a cooked/hot breakfast
2. Oatmeal is a complex carbohydrate and I don't get "lows" an hour afterwards
3. Lowers cholesterol
4. I am a diabetic stay away from package cereal with SUGAR and additives
5. Oatmeal is an inexpensive (ie cheap) breakfast.
6. I love oatmeal - never bored with the "same old, same old"
7. I AM NOT FROM SCOTLAND (I heard the Scots have oatmeal everyday!)

Most mornings I have half a bowl of baby flakes oatmeal, fixed with a tsp of brown sugar, two shakes of cinnamon and about a dozen blueberries, made with milk, not water.
It lowers cholesterol, is a good source of fiber, and blueberries, you can't ask for more.

Cinnamon brown sugar pop tart, maple frosting donut, and water. All I had left from yesterday evenings food fest as I awake this morning in a Tahoe inn. Later this morning will hit a Raley's supermarket for a resupply on the way to my ski resort.
Wow, you are there, in one of the most beautiful places on earth IMO. I have only been there once but it has stayed with me all these years. My husband and I went there as a late honeymoon, stayed at a condo in Incline Village. He skied, I gambled, LOL. I tried to learn to ski but it was not my thing, hubs had skied since he was a kid.

Radish Rose: Interesting comment re same breakfast almost every day. My reasons:

1. After our morning walk, I am too hungry to spend time making a cooked/hot breakfast
2. Oatmeal is a complex carbohydrate and I don't get "lows" an hour afterwards
3. Lowers cholesterol
4. I am a diabetic stay away from package cereal with SUGAR and additives
5. Oatmeal is an inexpensive (ie cheap) breakfast.
6. I love oatmeal - never bored with the "same old, same old"
7. I AM NOT FROM SCOTLAND (I heard the Scots have oatmeal everyday!)
Yes, oatmeal is great. I like it too. So nice when what we really enjoy is so cheap and quick.

Omelet husband made for me with vegan cheese and gluten free toast; a bit extravagant because of the actual eggs and fried potatoes, but made with love so especially delicious and fulfilling. :)
View attachment 267666
You know, every time I make my way back, I am reminded of how kind, how sweet the people are here. ♥

Back