45 KG X 6
57.5 KG X 4
70 KG X 2
70 KG X 2
70 KG X 2
70 KG X 2
70 KG X 2
70 KG X 2

I almost didn't make it through this one. A week ago I decided to give the carnivore diet a try. But before the first day was over I realized I couldn't hack it so I switched over to Phase one of Atkins which allows 20 net grams of carbs per day. So far after one week I've lost 3 lbs but I have no energy. Hopefully when I have made the transition to burning fat for energy instead of carbs I'll feel better.

Nice!! How far is your closest neighbor?
By skillful planning 40 years ago using the topography we have the feeling of isolation, but the truth is we are in 1 acre zoning so my neighbors are only 100' away to the sides. Thankfully my immediate neighbors only use their homes a few weeks a year.

The view towards the mtn includes some permanent open space, but there are houses tucked down below the ridge. Lately the planning idiots have really loosened up on the original intent of the planning so it has gone downhill somewhat after the mass covid boom.

The display on my exercise bike quit working. I changed the batteries in it and it still doesn't work. Looks like I'm going to have to buy an expensive replacement part or parts to get it back. Guess that's what I get for buying used off of facebook market place. So had to go old school simple today and just time it on the stop watch feature of my phone. I guess that's not really old school either. Anyway, 25 minutes on the exercise bike. No idea what my distance and average speed was. But then I don't really need to know that do I?

Last edited:
I got up this morning and got a cup of coffee. I then walked over to my favorite chair, set down, and turned on the TV. After the coffee was gone, I got up and went into my office to work on our taxes. My body is not tired, but my brain is burning....

Taxes do that to me every year!

Bench Presses @ 4 minute intervals

20 KG X 8
35 KG X 6
50 KG X 4
65 KG X 2
75 KG X 1
75 KG X 1
75 KG X 1
75 KG X 1
75 KG X 1
75 KG X 1
75 KG X 1
75 KG X 1
72.5 KG X 1
72.5 KG X 1
72.5 KG X 1
72.5 KG X 1

The last time I did this workout on March 4th I was able to do all 12 of the singles with 75KG. That was before I started this low carb Atkins like diet. Today my 8th lift was so hard I was afraid to try another one at that weight without a spoter. So I droped it 2.5 KG for the last 4. This low carb diet is still sapping my energy. :(

Bench Presses @ 4 minute intervals

The last time I did this workout on March 4th I was able to do all 12 of the singles with 75KG. That was before I started this low carb Atkins like diet. Today my 8th lift was so hard I was afraid to try another one at that weight without a spoter. So I droped it 2.5 KG for the last 4. This low carb diet is still sapping my energy. :(
After I read that schedule I had to take the day off to rest!

I'm not a 'gym rat', body builder, nutritionist, or anything close so I don't have any programing or special food knowledge, but the lifts/wt/#reps you choose leaves me scratching my head ?!? 1 hour and 24 mins of rest, plus lifting time?........1 type of lift a day?

I did look at your guide and his guiding principles, but I fail to understand it or why you decided on using it. I've never seen anyone do anything remotely like that in the decades I've been training at various gyms.

Back